Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really good news. Wanted to thank folks for your prayers for my BIL and his sister. So far it appears the Lord is providing the healing we requested. Her husband's funeral was scheduled for Friday. They have asked for it to be pushed back a couple of days as it looks like she is recovering well enough to attend. From 40's on her oxygen reading, terribly sick, and being in the ICU to being able to leave the hospital in less than a week is nothing short of a miracle with COVID. Praise the Lord and the hospital staff. Again, much appreciation from my VN friends for your thoughts and prayers.
That is incredible!

No going back. Young men are going to keep talking about things that affect their communities whether people like it or not. MJ said he regrets not doing the same. Just like UT football players marching last year. Not that the lives of minorities is/should be political. It's just a human issue.

People only have an issue when athletes use their platform to address things they don’t agree with or understand. If any athlete came out and banged the table for better treatment for veterans, no one would have an issue with it.

People only have an issue when athletes use their platform to address things they don’t agree with or understand. If any athlete came out and banged the table for better treatment for veterans, no one would have an issue with it.
Nope. What athletes do on their own time is their business (except for when Lebron literally put a target on an innocent police officer’s head and stirs up hatred to all police). People like me don’t want to hear about politics period during sporting events. None. It of course is worse because only one point of view is allowed, but in spite of that, I don’t want politics anywhere near sports because it ruins them. Sports are supposed to unite and give people a break from real life. Politics ruins all of that. Keep politics out of sports completely

Nope. What athletes do on their own time is their business (except for when Lebron literally put a target on an innocent police officer’s head and stirs up hatred to all police). People like me don’t want to hear about politics period during sporting events. None. It of course is worse because only one point of view is allowed, but in spite of that, I don’t want politics anywhere near sports because it ruins them. Sports are supposed to unite and give people a break from real life. Politics ruins all of that. Keep politics out of sports completely
Ok bass lol. Just say you don’t agree with them and move on lol. It’s really not that big of a deal.

Ok bass lol. Just say you don’t agree with them and move on lol. It’s really not that big of a deal.
It is a big deal. Politics should not be in sports period. My family was going to go to the all star game. But politics ruined that and costed Atlanta hundreds of millions of dollars. Get politics away from sports

Rings?...no one can even see Russell, he's so far away. The man has enough rings for all his fingers, and one to wear on a chain around his neck.

Russell played 13 seasons, won 11 titles. I can't even wrap my head around that. And!! The 10 and 11th...I think he was also the coach!!
The point of comparison was Jordan went to the Finals 6 times and went home 6 times with a ring. Don’t need to sell me on Russell...or any of the greats that some try way too hard to sell as average or below.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
It is a big deal. Politics should not be in sports period. My family was going to go to the all star game. But politics ruined that and costed Atlanta hundreds of millions of dollars. Get politics away from sports
So we should stop playing the national anthem right?

And yea I’m going to wait until the most overrated player retires. He needs to stick to basketball and stay out of politics.
Thats what I tell all of my friends. Stick to teaching, stay out of politics. Stick to firefighting, stay out politics. Stick to being a male gigolo, stay out of politics, etc. Its the best at getting people with view points that I don't agree to feel like they aren't entitled to free speech like I am.

You said everything political.... the anthem represents a political nation.
I mean you keep making it worse. This is America. We celebrate our country. All of us. You know, just like every other country around the world.

The national anthem is not a partisan political statement. The fact that you’re trying to make some equivalency between the national anthem and political statements is beyond absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back