Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I've always wondered with JG is if Ohio State pulled out of his recruitment late in the process. Because his career makes a lot more sense if you consider it was us and Rutgers as the final 2.
I’d buy that if the QB they trotted out the day before JG’s announcement (Tristen Wallace) had even been part of their signing class. Ended up washing out of Oregon and last seen (depending on your cable package) catching passes at Prairie View A&M in 2018.

If that's true then his numbers just got a lot more impressive to me. Cause Wing T usually means when you finally get to throw the defense is almost always expecting it.

Tayven would be a lot higher rated right now if he had a normal year of camping going into his Senior season.
Shows the boundless potential in this type of offense with Heupel teaching from the ground up. Not dooming with comparison, but Brett Favre ran with the single wing for his dad in high school and got some offers as a DB.

Jarrett's HS stats from Max Preps
View attachment 365791

Tayven's HS stats (so far) from Max Preps
View attachment 365792

JG was a 4 star and the no. 1 rated dual threat
TJ is a 4 star and the no. 18 rated pro style QB with one year left to play (he could end up higher rated)

I mean the composite ratings are a bit off, but again Tayven still has a season left to play (not sure what JG's rating was after his junior season for a true comparison).
Sometimes max preps stats are not all that accurate either.... at least not with other sports but not sure about football.

Love how the "progressive" idiots are all about science is their god until it comes to dumb unfair 💩 like this....I hate this freakin horse💩. The world is now ran by f'n morons.
I especially dislike that emoji. It reminds of people who walk their dogs and don't pick up after them. Still you are absolutely right about this. Faith in science defeats the point. So many miss the irony.

My boy (don't @ me, he was born in GA and always been close to all his UGA going cousins) and all his buddies are getting sick of Smarts underachieving and bull💩 excuses.

Yes...they are beginning to see him as just another Richt. My son says he thinks if Smart doesn't win it all this year with what they have coming back, that the fanbase as a whole is going to turn on him bug time.
My boy knows if he wants to watch games with me...... go to games with me..... have merchandise bought for him..... then he is a fan of all my favorite teams.... I gave in a little and let him have some Steph curry gear but that is the most I was willing to give in.

So if we do better or worse than expected this year do y'all think that will have any effect on the NCAA ruling? Maybe they pity us?

We have 4 remaining spots, take him, Mitchell, Hardy, and a db and we will be SET
Let's not get carried away. These guys are in the portal for a reason. Either they're trouble, not good enough or they've got issues with the current school/staff.

I especially dislike that emoji. It reminds of people who walk their dogs and don't pick up after them. Still you are absolutely right about this. Faith in science defeats the point. So many miss the irony.

I've argued for years that this is the case with many things. For instance with Evolution you have the concept of the "missing link". Well, that missing link requires a level of faith because you have no empirical evidence to prove that that leap was, in fact, fact.

Someone posted screen shots of Mike Farrell texting some young girl asking her for selfies and for one of her with spoons. I don't quite understand that one.

Then yesterday after Trey Smith was finally drafted he tweeted some sparky comment about waiting on apologies and gift baskets because he never had Trey rated highly and got raked over the coals about it by VolTwitter.

LSS... he is a creeper douche.
I meant the dorm room incident involving players that have been suspended. But thanks for the Farrell explanation as well!

My boy knows if he wants to watch games with me...... go to games with me..... have merchandise bought for him..... then he is a fan of all my favorite teams.... I gave in a little and let him have some Steph curry gear but that is the most I was willing to give in.
Alas..my boy inherited a bullheaded, independent and rebellious nature...from his mother I am sure. He has always went his own way.

We lived in Flahrduh fir most of the aughts and my life was much much busier then, so I never had much time to follow UT sports, and he would go to UGA games where his cousins went to school with his aunt and uncle when up there on fall break and sort of fell in love with them..it is my fault.

He actually does like the Vols (which his buddies rib him about) and loves going to games with me. He wants us to come back almost as bad as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back