Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still amazes me we have fans and posters on here who don't want to acknowledge what a treasure we have in Barnes. UT has never been a blue blood in basketball. We are now recruiting at blue blood level. The program had to be built to sustain success - then elite recruiting kicks in. The new assistants may be able to develop bigs better, so there are two talented bigs on the way now. We already know the outside shooting has been improved by the recent commits and the best HS PG in America is on his way. Enjoy the dang ride! The program has a good shot to grab a FF in the next few years.
🧡

Reactions: hooter vol
So on a lesser note, a boy that took my daughter to homecoming a few years ago decided that he would say some mean things about my daughter on social media. My daughter came home in tears. I came home from work as my wife is talking to the boy’s mother and getting no where. While my daughter is showing me the social media rudeness, my wife looks at me getting riled up.
She asks to speak to the boy’s dad. Dude gets on the phone with my wife. I hear her say that she is the only thing standing between me and the dad. That the boy has 60 minutes to erase everything from social media and post an acceptable apology or my wife will walk away and let me handle it. I had met son and dad and let’s just say that they were “petite.” As I was walking over to my wife, I heard him say “what’s he going to do? Call the police?” My wife’s response “ My husband is from Memphis Tennessee. They never call the police. He will handle this issue personally.”

Everything was taken care of... 😁
It’s amazing how everyone in this website is Billy bad ass.

That’s exactly how I felt when Christ appears to Mary for the first time. It shook me. Totally unexpected (in a weird way lol) and flawlessly written and executed. Chills thinking about it.
Yes, and the scene with Peter in the boat with the fish. Just really has me thinking about how that must have been when they truly became aware. Like when He looked back at Matthew and told him to come.

Yes, and the scene with Peter in the boat with the fish. Just really has me thinking about how that must have been when they truly became aware. Like when He looked back at Matthew and told him to come.

I can’t wait for them to make the scene when Peter realizes the resurrected Christ is speaking to them from the shore and he just jumps into the sea with complete abandon. 🥲

why do you have people take black and white photos of you? And how did you approach someone to take it? “Excuse me sir. I’m sorry to interrupt your work out, but I need to prove I work out to a bunch of anonymous internet people. Can you take this photo for me? Thanks.”

Edited to say that you are squatting a lot of weight there. So kudos for that...which make me doubly curious why it was necessary to capture a photo of it (B&W no less).

why do you have people take black and white photos of you? And how did you approach someone to take it? “Excuse me sir. I’m sorry to interrupt your work out, but I need to prove I work out to a bunch of anonymous internet people. Can you take this photo for me? Thanks.”

Edited to say that you are squatting a lot of weight there. So kudos for that...which make me doubly curious why it was necessary to capture a photo of it (B&W no less).

His workout partner is suspended Twitter account Andy Bowser. 😂😂

My fifteen year old started seeing a kid recently. He came over for dinner and there was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. She has often made poor decisions (She is a teenager) but the disrespect she began to show my wife and I was troubling. I started reading their text messages and saw very quickly that he was not a good person for her to have in her life. He called her names, told her she needed to make him some food, and told her about all the other girls he talked to and would ask if that was "okay". My daughter isn't happy with me right now, but I told her that I would never allow her to go on a date with him again ever so she might as well end the relationship. I hoped that I had raised her to have more self-respect but the age of social media and electronic self-worth seems to be ahead of me. I will never give up on my daughter because she is too incredible of a person to let randos on a website or some douche canoe of a boy to make her feel less than.

Sorry for the rant but it seems relevant with all the other parents telling their stories as well. Good luck and prayers to all the parents out there.
Highly suggested read:
Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters
Book by Meg Meeker

Reactions: Glitch and StoVol
Ok Volnation, I am asking for prayers for my wife. She just found out today that she has breast cancer and this type of cancer is non invasive and its not the type that will take her life. That is the good news , Monday she goes for more testing and MRI to see how much is in the tissue. Her Dr says that depending on how much is in the tissue that she may be able to remove that part of the cancer and the worst case scenario is removing the breast. So just asking for prayers , we know God is in control and he will see her through this.

Ok Volnation, I am asking for prayers for my wife. She just found out today that she has breast cancer and this type of cancer is non invasive and its not the type that will take her life. That is the good news , Monday she goes for more testing and MRI to see how much is in the tissue. Her Dr says that depending on how much is in the tissue that she may be able to remove that part of the cancer and the worst case scenario is removing the breast. So just asking for prayers , we know God is in control and he will see her through this.
Prayers for you and your wife!

Cancer can git! Prayers my friend

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for her and you, too.

It’s really a video. Filmed with a tripod.
This site won’t let me post the video. So I posted a still frame.
Btw, I am an athlete and a strength & conditioning coach.
There’s a reason for recording sets. Don’t have nothing to prove to anyone. Nice try tho! 👍🏾
Its like filming practice.
You get to see how the rep moves, how it felt and see any corrections that need to be made if there was any form breakdown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back