Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? You see anger in my responses? I’m pretty surprised. I feel like just about every opinion I give is apologetically stated that it’s Just where I see things heading and it’s very early for any definitive conclusions

Could you link me to what you are referring to?
Maybe "angry" was not the right word. Just seemed like you were upset that people were not giving up soon enough and accepting that everyone is going to be a failure like JJP.
Screenshot_20210414-193451_Chrome.jpg

I binged the first season Monday night...that first episode wrecked me, and so did the Nicodemus scene. My uncle used to preach a sermon he called "Almost" and it brought it flooding back to my mind.
I binged watched the first season after some were talking about it on here. And the first episode really got me, too. Enjoyed all of them. Loved how Matthew and Peter became followers. And Nicodemus reminds me of so many people I know.

Still amazes me we have fans and posters on here who don't want to acknowledge what a treasure we have in Barnes. UT has never been a blue blood in basketball. We are now recruiting at blue blood level. The program had to be built to sustain success - then elite recruiting kicks in. The new assistants may be able to develop bigs better, so there are two talented bigs on the way now. We already know the outside shooting has been improved by the recent commits and the best HS PG in America is on his way. Enjoy the dang ride! The program has a good shot to grab a FF in the next few years.

Coaches are never supposed to be happy with results in the spring, especially with a microphone in their face.

true, but this batch of coaches is different. They have even gushed a little PUBLICLY. But, privately, according to several media members, they are quite concerned about the QB talent level.

SweetasSoda said:
I was thinking as I read through this that I feel like McGill....hate the insane world we live in.

Wait. Since I feel this way, does that make me a McGill?

Sorry you all are feeling that way this morning (or last night). I LOVE this insane world we live in.

God made it for you and me to enjoy the journey we are on. I think the best thing we can do is try to make it a comfortable trip for our fellow travelers.

CNN will tell you the world is going to hell because of XYZ. Switch to Fox News and they will tell you the world is going to hell because of 1,2,3.

Come join me in the turkey woods this time of year right as dawn breaks and the sun lights up the redbuds and dogwoods and the birds break into song; or on a trout stream when the bugs are hatching and the stream side moss and ferns are so many shades of green you are not sure there’s even a human word to describe the variety.

This world is only as ugly as the stuff you choose to focus and dwell on and stew about.

If you ever have the epiphany like the great Thomas Merton that God exists fully in every person you meet (no matter how messy they may outwardly appear) you will be overcome by how wonderful and exciting this world is and how amazing it is just to meet new people, new and unique iterations of God.

Also, Go Vols!
Sorry I gave the impression I do not appreciate the beauty of nature that God created. I just walked around my yard and through the woods yesterday evening thanking Him for each specific beautiful thing I saw. I also have a deep love for people because they are all created in the image of God even if they choose not to accept Him. I have always especially loved children and spent most of my time with them. If I spend a day with children and animals outdoors, I feel like I am as close to heaven as is possible. What I hate is a world full of people that are turning their back on God and the principles He gave us that it may go well with us.

And, yes, Go Vols!

Last edited:
Sorry I gave the impression I do not appreciate the beauty of nature that God created. I just walked around my yard and through the woods yesterday evening thanking Him for each specific beautiful thing I saw. I also have a deep love for people because they are all created in the image of God even if they chose not to accept Him. I have always especially loved children and spent most of my time with them. If I spend a day with children and animals outdoors, I feel like I as close to heaven as is possible. What I hate is a world full of people that are turning their back on God and the principles He gave us that it may go well with us.

And, yes, Go Vols!
more of this in the World please.

I binged watched the first season after some were talking about it on here. And the first episode really got me, too. Enjoyed all of them. Loved how Matthew and Peter became followers. And Nicodemus reminds me of so many people I know.

Watching season 1. Watching "Indescribable Compassion" now. Just finished the wedding at Cana. Loving it!!

That scene at the end of episode one was close. Mr Avari shocked me with his performance..it was truly powerful. The show makes me really jealous of the early believers.
The scene in my mind, and also in Passion when Jesus drew last breath. The sky turned dark & Earth rumbled. Roman soldiers left their posts, because there was no doubt.

Also, when He appeared to the disciples after Ressurection. Everytime.

I don't think I've ever seen a more powerful scene in history outside of the visceral beating Christ took in The Passion, as Erik Avari as Nicodemus in episode 7.
I wept like a child... When Nico embraces him and that Cello starts playing... A deep note within me was struck, and vibrated my soul to it's core.
Shalom my brother

That’s exactly how I felt when Christ appears to Mary for the first time. It shook me. Totally unexpected (in a weird way lol) and flawlessly written and executed. Chills thinking about it.

Yea......probably not as many people go to those games.
I’m only saying that on is better than off. I would also think that it’s better have your own “home” stadium. Not shared with a professional team.
I'm not disagreeing. But students show up pretty strong for the women's soccer team. The school provides shuttles, and the one benefit of having it at a ballpark the school doesn't own is they can sell beer I think. So, they'd get a free ride from campus or the fort on a bus, get to drink, then get a free ride back.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Yea......probably not as many people go to those games.
I’m only saying that on is better than off. I would also think that it’s better have your own “home” stadium. Not shared with a professional team.
I've talked to one former player that still lives in Knoxville & he said he didn't think they would move all games to new stadium. Said they've put a ton of $ into Lindsay Nelson (is there stuff underground - locker rooms?) & he thinks they may just play a few weekend games downtown when Smokies are on the road.

I'm not disagreeing. But students show up pretty strong for the women's soccer team. The school provides shuttles, and the one benefit of having it at a ballpark the school doesn't own is they can sell beer I think. So, they'd get a free ride from campus or the fort on a bus, get to drink, then get a free ride back.
I kinda flip flopped from talking about Regal Stadium to talking about the proposed ballpark. Sorry if that was confusing.

Sorry I gave the impression I do not appreciate the beauty of nature that God created. I just walked around my yard and through the woods yesterday evening thanking Him for each specific beautiful thing I saw. I also have a deep love for people because they are all created in the image of God even if they chose not to accept Him. I have always especially loved children and spent most of my time with them. If I spend a day with children and animals outdoors, I feel like I as close to heaven as is possible. What I hate is a world full of people that are turning their back on God and the principles He gave us that it may go well with us.

And, yes, Go Vols!
I knew you were commenting on the choices our society had and has deemed appropriate in this day and time. Total reversal from what we grew up recognizing. It’s like a herd mentality, “you’ll go this way or be culled”. The beauty of nature hasn’t changed, we have in some ways unfortunately.

And since then...

Extreme poverty has dropped drastically, hunger has fallen, life expextancy continues to increase of course, but has increased drastically in Africa, child mortality has been cut in half, child labor is down, teen births in the US fell by 50% in just a decade, smoking is down a third, homicide is down, on and on. There hasn't even been a major worldwide conflict in almost 80 years.

The world is getting better, but people will focus on whatever their filter lets in I suppose.
Yeah maybe I’ve just fallen for the doom and gloom media propaganda. Following the 24/7 news cycle makes you think everything is wrong with the world.

Reactions: UTJoe and Devo182
I've talked to one former player that still lives in Knoxville & he said he didn't think they would move all games to new stadium. Said they've put a ton of $ into Lindsay Nelson (is there stuff underground - locker rooms?) & he thinks they may just play a few weekend games downtown when Smokies are on the road.

That's the plan initially. It will be a scheduling thing for a couple of years. I expect the OOC and mid-week games to be at LNS when it is worked out. If attendance takes off for the program in the new park, expect more games there as well as more dedication to finding enough land as near to the campus as possible for a park of their own. But Boyd can give UT a good deal on Smokies Park and still cover some of his overhead expenses. The vendors will be all over it since the park will be in use more. Downtown restaurants and bars will be much busier.

UT knows they will not get the bang for the buck pouring more money into LNS. Students are not driving the attendance anyway. Again, I invite anybody who has not been to games there to go and see for yourself. Then go to a few SEC rivals' parks. Unless you go to Kentucky's you will probably be embarrassed at the difference with most of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizzo924
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back