Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the fact that Brent has some known issues, though I have no knowledge of the severity. You need to get off that train.

Ok I will just ignore the people I know that are having serious health problems because of it. I will just ignore all the other people suffering from it.

Much easier to just chalk it up to something that happened a few years ago. That clearly makes more sense.

Reactions: tnvols72
tenor.gif

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Ok I will just ignore the people I know that are having serious health problems because of it. I will just ignore all the other people suffering from it.

Much easier to just chalk it up to something that happened a few years ago. That clearly makes more sense.
Just bring facts instead of your opinion. I know plenty of people who have gotten the vaccine and have had no issues, except to help stop the spread of this awful disease.

I deleted all of my social media accounts to get away from all the political / virus talk. I have my own opinions on the vaccine, but like most of you, have no expertise in this area. Moreover, it's my opinion that even those with some expertise in this area (& I highly doubt any of those people are on this board) know anything about the long-term effects. Mods, PLEASE move all this talk & the trans talk and everything else non-football to a different VolNation Forum.

Little something on our new bball commit. Sounds like a fantastic pick up.

Aidoo averaged 11.3 points, six rebounds and three blocks per game at Durham Voyager Academy as a senior in 2019-20. He then reclassified and played a 2020-21 post-graduate season at Liberty Heights, an independent school in Charlotte that plays a national schedule.

In this month’s Phenom HoopState Championship, an end-of-season tournament for top independent schools in the state, Aidoo averaged 17.33 points across three games. He’s a capable shooter and playmaker but thrives most frequently in the paint, where he uses his height and wingspan to snag offensive rebounds, get easy putbacks and block and alter shots on defense.
Liberty Heights 4-star recruit Jonas Aidoo decommits from Marquette

This season Aidoo averaged 17 points, 11.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 3 blocks per game for a 23-3, nationally ranked, Liberty Heights program...Aidoo has a lot of tools that suit the modern game, starting with his ability to defend. He is a smart defender with loose hips that enable him to drop in coverage and switch. He is a natural rim protector with a lengthy wingspan and great timing, with both ends. Offensively, Aidoo is a noted 3-point shooter with perimeter skills, however this season, he developed his game on the block with a couple go-to moves over his right shoulder.

Aidoo is still young, just turned 18 years old in December, and he is not a finished product. Aidoo has done wonders with his body and frame this year, and he needs to continue to develop his core and his leg strength, but that will come. The major jump in his game was taken this year with the development of his confidence. As he continues to work, and as we laid out above, the sky's the limit for this true 7-footer.
NCPreps - Prospect Profile: 2021 4-Star Jonas Aidoo

What separates Aidoo as a prospect and what will he bring to the program? [Marquette]
Aidoo broke out this summer playing for Team Curry. His size and length immediately stood out standing 6-foot-11 and 215-pounds. Aidoo shoots it from three, is mobile and skilled making him an effective pick-and-pop stretch-five big man. "Jonas is just scratching the surface when it comes to his game," said Team Curry coach Sim Frazier. "He is always a really good shooter and shot blocker but his touch around the rim and passing ability we so underrated!" Given Aidoo's size and length he has a natural ability to block and alter shots around the rim as well as rebound but he continues to improve in every area. His shooting ability has been a constant in his game but his post-play and defense have continued to improve over the past few months.
What is Marquette getting in Jonas Aidoo?

Frame: Lean and cut build with room to add muscle at the next level and beyond.

Athleticism: Aidoo is super agile, quick, bouncy and runs the floor exceptionally well. Aidoo is stronger than he appears, and uses his versatility to keep the defense off balance and capitalize with calculated movements in the paint.

Instincts: Aidoo has great anticipation on both ends of the floor and uses his efficient stroke from the perimeter to draw out slower bigs. Aidoo is adept at exploiting matchup advantages and finishes efficiently with both hands.

Polish: Aidoo is super active around the rim and his shooting touch from the perimeter is what separates him from most bigs. Aidoo’s 7-4 wingspan and precise timing make him a devastating defensive presence in the paint. He’s versatile enough to bring the ball up the floor and create against slower bigs.

Bottom Line: Aidoo is an active 6-11 big with a 7-4 wingspan, efficient shooting ability from the perimeter and the ability to handle the ball and create. Add in his shot-blocking ability, and those attributes will make him an instant-impact player at the next level.

I deleted all of my social media accounts to get away from all the political / virus talk. I have my own opinions on the vaccine, but like most of you, have no expertise in this area. Moreover, it's my opinion that even those with some expertise in this area (& I highly doubt any of those people are on this board) know anything about the long-term effects. Mods, PLEASE move all this talk & the trans talk and everything else non-football to a different VolNation Forum.
Even Pro Wrestling and BBQ talk? Communist

Little something on our new bball commit. Sounds like a fantastic pick up.

Aidoo averaged 11.3 points, six rebounds and three blocks per game at Durham Voyager Academy as a senior in 2019-20. He then reclassified and played a 2020-21 post-graduate season at Liberty Heights, an independent school in Charlotte that plays a national schedule.

In this month’s Phenom HoopState Championship, an end-of-season tournament for top independent schools in the state, Aidoo averaged 17.33 points across three games. He’s a capable shooter and playmaker but thrives most frequently in the paint, where he uses his height and wingspan to snag offensive rebounds, get easy putbacks and block and alter shots on defense.
Liberty Heights 4-star recruit Jonas Aidoo decommits from Marquette

This season Aidoo averaged 17 points, 11.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 3 blocks per game for a 23-3, nationally ranked, Liberty Heights program...Aidoo has a lot of tools that suit the modern game, starting with his ability to defend. He is a smart defender with loose hips that enable him to drop in coverage and switch. He is a natural rim protector with a lengthy wingspan and great timing, with both ends. Offensively, Aidoo is a noted 3-point shooter with perimeter skills, however this season, he developed his game on the block with a couple go-to moves over his right shoulder.

Aidoo is still young, just turned 18 years old in December, and he is not a finished product. Aidoo has done wonders with his body and frame this year, and he needs to continue to develop his core and his leg strength, but that will come. The major jump in his game was taken this year with the development of his confidence. As he continues to work, and as we laid out above, the sky's the limit for this true 7-footer.
NCPreps - Prospect Profile: 2021 4-Star Jonas Aidoo

What separates Aidoo as a prospect and what will he bring to the program? [Marquette]
Aidoo broke out this summer playing for Team Curry. His size and length immediately stood out standing 6-foot-11 and 215-pounds. Aidoo shoots it from three, is mobile and skilled making him an effective pick-and-pop stretch-five big man. "Jonas is just scratching the surface when it comes to his game," said Team Curry coach Sim Frazier. "He is always a really good shooter and shot blocker but his touch around the rim and passing ability we so underrated!" Given Aidoo's size and length he has a natural ability to block and alter shots around the rim as well as rebound but he continues to improve in every area. His shooting ability has been a constant in his game but his post-play and defense have continued to improve over the past few months.
What is Marquette getting in Jonas Aidoo?

Frame: Lean and cut build with room to add muscle at the next level and beyond.

Athleticism: Aidoo is super agile, quick, bouncy and runs the floor exceptionally well. Aidoo is stronger than he appears, and uses his versatility to keep the defense off balance and capitalize with calculated movements in the paint.

Instincts: Aidoo has great anticipation on both ends of the floor and uses his efficient stroke from the perimeter to draw out slower bigs. Aidoo is adept at exploiting matchup advantages and finishes efficiently with both hands.

Polish: Aidoo is super active around the rim and his shooting touch from the perimeter is what separates him from most bigs. Aidoo’s 7-4 wingspan and precise timing make him a devastating defensive presence in the paint. He’s versatile enough to bring the ball up the floor and create against slower bigs.

Bottom Line: Aidoo is an active 6-11 big with a 7-4 wingspan, efficient shooting ability from the perimeter and the ability to handle the ball and create. Add in his shot-blocking ability, and those attributes will make him an instant-impact player at the next level.

Sounds like he can do it all... Wish we'd had a good big with that skillset this past year. Can't wait to have a big that can actually stretch the floor... big get!!

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Guys like this are great for Barnes, IFF they are willing to put in the work and change their bodies. We've seen at least 4 guys not pan out because they wouldn't work.

But I'm excited about this guy.

It’s not quite like that. Derrick Walker and Burns had other issues that couldn’t make it work. Burns supposedly lost 30 pounds in his redshirt year. Just look up Walker’s suspension at Nebraska to confirm.

Reactions: SoilVol
Been there, my oldest daughter had a boyfriend that would use an anonymous app to text her things like "you should kill yourself". She harmed herself. I took everything he ever gave her broke it or ripped it, threw it in his yard and stood across the road from his house, 1. thinking of bad things to do to him and his family 2. waiting for him to come out. I only left because the cops were at my house, her friend called.

He'd been filling my daughter's head with ideas that we didn't care for her and she was worthless. My wife, the logical one, convinced me to go to the police chief, who I have known for 25 years. He delivered a restraining order and told the boy and his family that he's known me and my family a long time and it would be in their best interest to never talk to my daughter again. He also mentioned that if they saw me out anywhere they should leave for their safety.

Last I heard, the boy got arrested for dealing drugs. The day I see him again though, I am going to straight smack him like the B**** he is for what he did to my daughter, no matter where we are.

My fifteen year old started seeing a kid recently. He came over for dinner and there was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. She has often made poor decisions (She is a teenager) but the disrespect she began to show my wife and I was troubling. I started reading their text messages and saw very quickly that he was not a good person for her to have in her life. He called her names, told her she needed to make him some food, and told her about all the other girls he talked to and would ask if that was "okay". My daughter isn't happy with me right now, but I told her that I would never allow her to go on a date with him again ever so she might as well end the relationship. I hoped that I had raised her to have more self-respect but the age of social media and electronic self-worth seems to be ahead of me. I will never give up on my daughter because she is too incredible of a person to let randos on a website or some douche canoe of a boy to make her feel less than.

Sorry for the rant but it seems relevant with all the other parents telling their stories as well. Good luck and prayers to all the parents out there.

What is everyone’s thoughts on getting teens vaccinated? Doctor office just called and they have available doses for 2 of my eligible kids. Kids are healthy (16/18). Not sure risk/reward. I had both of mine but I’m older, fatter, and diabetic so it made since. Just haven’t heard much even online from teens getting vaccinated.

I do not plan on getting my kids this vaccine. They are vaccinated against all of the stuff that kids normally get. All the vaccines that have been developed and tested over years of painful and expensive testing and safety requirements. I don't plan to dose them with something that was developed in less than a year and has so many potential side effects. We don't know how or if it could affect young peoples' ability to have children. Just way too many unknowns for me. Hard pass in our household.

F off narc

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back