Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s Maurer’s to lose. If he can take care of the ball he will be the starter. He keeps being a rollercoaster and they will go with steady Hooker and be a run heavy team with occasional shots. There’s paths to success with both of them imo.

Bailey just looks stiff and limited athletically to me. Ball floats due to his push throwing motion
Hearing anything about unexpected players doing well?

Done in the sense of being the guy this year. I'm sure having legit coaching and developing for a year would do wonders.

I have no idea what the staff is thinking. Just heard they love Maurer and the highs he brings but they know he’s a roller coaster. They know they have a viable safe run heavy option with Hooker... (which is fine and we can win that way).... what do they know they have with bailey? That’s the question. He’s really raw and just needs refinement.

Haven’t you said that you don't approve of the way TV is building this team, and that you don't support him? And now, you're giving credit to Currie for hiring a guy you don't support? All righty then.
I like your posts like I do so many others, but replying to his, is a waste of time, intelligence and oh, did I mention time and intelligence.

My dad was pretty good. Don't know what his best round ever was, but I saw him shoot low 70s many times.

I used to be a 2 handicap. Don’t play much anymore. My best round was a 68 at Kelly Plantation in Destin from the tips. I’ve shot lower but on short easy courses.

13 and 20 on defense got some compliments. Jimmy holiday has transformed his body. Added muscle. Princeton fant is total buy in and just a grinder. Dominic bailey been looking good.

@HankHill Do you have many contacts and/or former coworkers still close to the program? If so, what are the takes on the new staff as far as personality, tactics, accountability, etc? I’m just curious on contrasts and comparisons from the last 2 regimes to now.

Reactions: HankHill
I used to be a 2 handicap. Don’t play much anymore. My best round was a 68 at Kelly Plantation in Destin from the tips. I’ve shot lower but on short easy courses.
Dad, me and a few of my buddies went once. Me and my buddies were spraying and praying for 18 holes and dad was calm, cool and quiet the whole round.. After 18 my buddies and I were busting each other for shooting in the nineties when somebody finally asked dad what he shot. He slighly smiled and said "71"..

We stopped laughing... Good times..

@HankHill Do you have many contacts and/or former coworkers still close to the program? If so, what are the takes on the new staff as far as personality, tactics, accountability, etc? I’m just curious on contrasts and comparisons from the last 2 regimes to now.

I think at first they may have been a little corny with the team building stuff.. seemed kinda forced but once actual football stuff got revved up and they saw how hands on this staff with is them both in practice and in the weight room the players loved it. Heard nothing but good things about the behind the scenes people and i know their recruiting/scouting office did a complete overhaul of the setup that Pruitt Had. A lot more detailed and well organized.

I think at first they may have been a little corny with the team building stuff.. seemed kinda forced but once actual football stuff got revved up and they saw how hands on this staff with is them both in practice and in the weight room the players loved it. Heard nothing but good things about the behind the scenes people and i know their recruiting/scouting office did a complete overhaul of the setup that Pruitt Had. A lot more detailed and well organized.
does the staff feel good about getting a qb in this class

Good to hear, I’m excited about what I’m seeing and hearing and was hoping you were getting same feel.

I think a lot of negative is made from the Dodgeball game (I still hear it a lot on local radio here in Nashville) but personally I thought it was a great move from a team building aspect. Heupel put it very well when he said “will getting out here today win us a game in the 4th quarter? No, but it will help us become a tighter family and that will help us win in the 4th quarter.”

Can’t put enough stock in that. To me, nothinb makes a team stronger than togetherness like that. I would take the team hiking and camping in the Smokies. Bonding. I would have them break bread together. Bonding. Madden tournaments, whatever idea possible. I would pull every lever to make these guys the tightest fighting unit possible.

I have no idea what the staff is thinking. Just heard they love Maurer and the highs he brings but they know he’s a roller coaster. They know they have a viable safe run heavy option with Hooker... (which is fine and we can win that way).... what do they know they have with bailey? That’s the question. He’s really raw and just needs refinement.

I think part of it is different QBs fit different coaches systems better. For example Dan Mullen preferred Felipe Franks over Kyle Trask until Felipe was knocked out of action. I've seen a couple videos on Harrison where they break down his mechanics and the only hit that he's gotten that I'm aware of is he could improve his lower body mechanics to increase the power in his throws. From what I've heard his upper body mechanics are the ideal of what is generally sought in a QB. jmo.

One of the things I've considered is that Bailey may not be a good fit for this offense. I think he was recruited by Todd Helton and then Chaney after he got here went after Haynes King. Heupel is stuck with what he inherited. I think he'll pick the QB that best fits his vision of what he wants to do. I sort of thought this would be a golden opportunity for someone like Riley Ferguson. I don't think it would fit Peyton Manning. jmo..

As you note, with Maurer we'd likely have a different emphasis in the offense that if Hooker were the guy. The offense would also likely be a bit different from the other two if Bailey was the guy. I think the choice Heupel will make is which one does HE think HE can do the best with. I assume he's a good enough coach that he could go with any of the three and develop their strengths. jmo.

the biggest mistake in tenn football in decades. GS would have us rocking and rolling right now

Instead I rarely even check the football news because Tenn football has been destroyed by fans and boosters pretending they know best. An irrelevant program and destined to stay that for a foreseeable future

sad
What's sad is how clueless you truly are. You never disappoint when it comes to being lost and moranic, with each and every post. It doesn't surprise me one bit that YOU are a Shiano fan, and would've loved to have seen him here.

Rocking and rolling, you say...with his 6 winning seasons in 14 years of coaching...the last of which, was a decade ago. Maybe that overall losing record would be different here in the SEC. 🙄

The man is 82-94 as a head coach (even the 11-2 season, he still couldn't win his conference...the MIGHTY BIG EAST!!!). No kind of rock and roll I listen to.

Appreciate it, Hank. Really hoping the coaches not only coach these players well but also let them enjoy playing football. They have been through enough.

1618114278867.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back