Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two kinds of people in the world who spend time in "what ifs".... 1. What if nothing worksout? 2. What if things work out? Both are basically a waste of time since you don't know until you know. One makes you miserable, you want others to be miserable with you and you comfort yourself that you're just a realist. The other makes you happy, and your wasted time is much more fun. 15-0!!!!!
I wasn't excited about the hire but am 100% behind him. He chose to be here. He chose to take on this challenge. For those reasons alone the guy deserves our support. Who knows what we have? He could be the next great one. On the other hand he could be another in a long line of failures. Which is more fun, contemplating that he's gonna make us great again or the placeholder for the next guy? I know how I want to look at it.

I can say this, I was pretty confident, for multiple reasons that Pruitt was doomed from the start. For the most part I kept that to myself because I didn't want to rain on everyone else's optimism. I feel total different about CJH. I think this guy can 100% get it done. As with anything, you need a few breaks to go your way but I think he's fully capable to turn this thing around. I don't at all look at him as a bridge to the next guy.

I wasn't excited about the hire but am 100% behind him. He chose to be here. He chose to take on this challenge. For those reasons alone the guy deserves our support. Who knows what we have? He could be the next great one. On the other hand he could be another in a long line of failures. Which is more fun, contemplating that he's gonna make us great again or the placeholder for the next guy? I know how I want to look at it.

I can say this, I was pretty confident, for multiple reasons that Pruitt was doomed from the start. For the most part I kept that to myself because I didn't want to rain on everyone else's optimism. I feel total different about CJH. I think this guy can 100% get it done. As with anything, you need a few breaks to go your way but I think he's fully capable to turn this thing around. I don't at all look at him as a bridge to the next guy.
Knew Dooley wasn’t the guy from the start. Absolutely nothing from his history said he would succeed.

I thought Butch could be successful and he had moments.

Pruitt never fit in here. Didn’t really try to either. Recruited well (Fulmer quote).

I think Heupel is comparable to Butch. Has a chance to be successful. Please don’t make Butch like mistakes. Stay on the offensive side of the ball. Trust the guys you hired to be successful on defense.

I’m rooting for the guy. Not forming an opinion for awhile.

Knew Dooley wasn’t the guy from the start. Absolutely nothing from his history said he would succeed.

Pruitt never fit in here. Didn’t really try to either. Recruited well (Fulmer quote).

I think Heupel is comparable to Butch. Has a chance to be successful. Please don’t make Butch like mistakes. Stay on the offensive side of the ball. Trust the guys you hired to be successful on defense.

I don't see the comparisons to butch. Butch was/is an A-hole. I don't think he was really good at anything. I don't think he was in the same stratosphere as far as offensive scheme goes. I didn't think butch would make it here after 2-3 games in. I'm more confident in Hype than any coach we've had since Fulmer.

I don't see the comparisons to butch. Butch was/is an A-hole. I don't think he was really good at anything. I don't think he was in the same stratosphere as far as offensive scheme goes. I didn't think butch would make it here after 2-3 games in. I'm more confident in Hype than any coach we've had since Fulmer.
Butch was successful prior to coming here. You didn’t know he was an ass until later in his tenure. He was an absolute control freak. I haven’t heard anything about Heupel that suggests this from his time at UCF... didn’t hear that from Butch either.

Butch was more sleazy trying to sell you an extended warranty guy.

Heupel strikes me as genuine.

Butch was successful prior to coming here. You didn’t know he was an ass until later in his tenure. He was an absolute control freak. I haven’t heard anything about Heupel that suggests this from his time at UCF... didn’t hear that from Butch either.

Butch was more sleazy trying to sell you an extended warranty guy.

Heupel strikes me as genuine.
I Always thought Butch was an ass from day one. I agree that hype comes across as more genuine. Dooley beat Butch, that was enough for me. 🤣

Heupel knows what it’s like to be around big time college football as a player and coach. Butch didn’t.

That’s the biggest difference to me. That and Heupel is in a different stratosphere offensively.

Heupel knows what it’s like to be around big time college football as a player and coach. Butch didn’t.

That’s the biggest difference to me. That and Heupel is in a different stratosphere offensively.

These coaches seem to have very similar messaging and languaging. One thing that Heupel says that seems different is his invitation to players to "take the coaching". With Heupel's success as a player and with the successes of his offense this message rings true where it might have been a stretch with our previous run of coaches. Got to like the authenticity and confidence.

I always thought everyone would do well-- Dooley, Butch and Pruitt, because I didn't want to think of the alternative. Butch was the best of the bunch--he was a decent recruiter and we had our legacies. That 2015-16 bunch should have had at least an SEC East championship. When you think of that class, you just shake your head. Heupel-- I have BVS, I've just got the wait and see. I hope I am pleasantly surprised but we have to get some good recruits to compete with OUR schedule. LSU and Auburn probably have the toughest SEC schedules, but ours is definitely in the top tier with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back