Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is doing what a lot of the students are doing and taking all virtual classes.... I definitely wouldn’t be hard headed about it as a staff.... I agree that I wouldn’t bring him back if the team didn’t want him. My feelings, however, is that we need as many athletes as we can to make our rebuild easier. The program is in a better spot if HT is in our lineup this fall... I hold no grudges against any of the players that left or might leave.... The Univeristy of Tennessee caused this toxic environment with its piss poor job of making decisions regarding this program.
For me, it’s not that he’s leaving (although he is one I never thought would), it’s where he’s going. He’s been here long enough to understand the rivalry, and he’s a starter, looked up to by other players, local kids, etc.

sigh...

This is where I am for sure. Barnes can stay as long as he likes.

Football has been a revolving door of coaches and has become almost unwatchable.

I'll take a competitive team with elite talent that is national relevant on a regular basis over what our football program has become any day of the year!
I want a coach that makes the tournament pretty much every year and one that I feel could go on a run towards a championship.... Barnes checks the first box.... I have no confidence in him being able to do the second.... that being said.... I would rather with Barnes bc I know we would likely take a huge step back if we move on.

For me, it’s not that he’s leaving (although he is one I never thought would), it’s where he’s going. He’s been here long enough to understand the rivalry, and he’s a starter, looked up to by other players, local kids, etc.

sigh...
To me..... he is a guy from the west coast...... that chose to believe our nonsense....... it has really sucked being a fan of this team..... I imagine it is worse being a player..... I hope that we can make it look enjoyable enough that he decides to stay.

Unfortunately that is true..... I wish they would get rid of the three point line.... it is ruining basketball, imo.
No Valparaiso’s of the world in the Tourni w/o the 3 ball. NBA ruined the college ranks...
Look me in the eye and tell me we have 2 1st round draft picks.... 15 years ago they don’t even sniff the league for another year or 2....

3 pointers 3 pointers 3 pointers 3 pointers

That's basketball. Barnes doesn't want to adjust.
We shoot 3’s. We actually outshot Oregon St from 3... 26 to 21. We just shot 19% while they shot 47%. It’s the streakiness of Bailey, Vescovi, and JJJ. Need to be more consistent if we’re not efficient in putting the ball on the floor and getting to the rim.

I want a coach that makes the tournament pretty much every year and one that I feel could go on a run towards a championship.... Barnes checks the first box.... I have no confidence in him being able to do the second.... that being said.... I would rather with Barnes bc I know we would likely take a huge step back if we move on.
Need to practice momentum stopping TO’s in the offseason then test it in the regular season. His biggest flaw this season is having no idea how to break momentum... it’s not something you can lean on young players and seniors that would be riding the bench if on one of our better teams...

Need to practice momentum stopping TO’s in the offseason then test it in the regular season. His biggest flaw this season is having no idea how to break momentum... it’s not something you can lean on young players and seniors that would be riding the bench if on one of our better teams...
Barnes has had these same issues since he started.

Very disappointed obviously but if you're honest with yourself you could see this coming from a mile away. We've not really been clicking since mid January.

If you look at the team, we have no knock down three point shooters. We have no dominate bigs. We have no.true point guard. We have a bunch of really athletic wings players that we have counted on to score. The freshman have been our go to players and their games consist of driving to the basket against 3-4 players and trying to score. It's been really easy to guard us since mid season.

Dad gum why did you have to post something I would agree with? You know we can agree on things its the rule. lol

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back