Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you prove Payne intended to cause serious harm? Go watch the play again, after the first when Payne turned Fulk attempted to grab the back of Paynes jersey. There is reasonable doubt that Payne wasnt planning on making contact and was just trying to create space. It was a dirty play and he got ejected. Its time to move on.

He doesn't have to intend to cause "serious harm." He just has to intend to make the motion and make contact. What follows after that is what happens. I think Fulky was trying to brace himself after the first elbow.

Dude robs a guy with a gun and doesn't "intend" to use it. A fight over the gun ensues, and the victim is shot and killed. That's murder. Intent was based on the initial action of using the gun.

I didn't want to get involved in this discussion, but the discrepancies in what happened to Jennings and Payne are ridiculous.

He doesn't have to intend to cause "serious harm." He just has to intend to make the motion and make contact. What follows after that is what happens. I think Fulky was trying to brace himself after the first elbow.

Dude robs a guy with a gun and doesn't "intend" to use it. A fight over the gun ensues, and the victim is shot and killed. That's murder. Intent was based on the initial action of using the gun.

I didn't want to get involved in this discussion, but the discrepancies in what happened to Jennings and Payne are ridiculous.
Did CJ Watson get suspended for his elbows against Noah? Im sure everybody on here was wanting that since his play was so dirty.

Secondly youre talking about murder vs contact in a college basketball game they are nowhere close to the same realm.

Third yes because you could tell Jennings intentionally changed his gait and made an action with INTENT to cause harm. Payne was turned up the floor and threw a blind elbow behind him. There is reasonable doubt that he wasnt aiming for the head.

Did CJ Watson get suspended for his elbows against Noah? Im sure everybody on here was wanting that since his play was so dirty.

Secondly youre talking about murder vs contact in a college basketball game they are nowhere close to the same realm.

Third yes because you could tell Jennings intentionally changed his gait and made an action with INTENT to cause harm. Payne was turned up the floor and threw a blind elbow behind him. There is reasonable doubt that he wasnt aiming for the head.
Had a lot of mustard to be blind. Closed fist helped.

the discrepancies in what happened to Jennings and Payne are ridiculous.

Yes.

I do have some sympathies toward people worried that we sound whiny, but I’m just fed up with the obvious double-standard. At some point, the wheel has to be squeaky if it wants to be greased. Our current strategy of, as LA put it, “going along to get along” isn’t winning us any favors at the league office.

GrimyMerryJenny-small.gif

You don't understand then. The definition of intent doesn't change whether it's a game or life or whatever. Intent is intent. I was simply giving you an extreme example, which very much correlates to it. You don't have "to prove serious harm." That's dumb. By cracking down on the elbows, it also reminds players to be aware of where they are on the court and swinging elbows.

Not going to get anywhere with the discussion if you don't understand the concept. They don't need "reasonable doubt" to suspend someone playing basketball.

Im not saying he didnt mean to throw the elbow, but the intent to where it landed is questionable. Fulk grabbed his jersey when they turned and it can be reasonably thought that the intention was Fulks arms to get loose. Its not like they guy turned around faced Fulk squared up with him and then threw it.

You don't understand then. The definition of intent doesn't change whether it's a game or life or whatever. Intent is intent. I was simply giving you an extreme example, which very much correlates to it. You don't have "to prove serious harm." That's dumb. By cracking down on the elbows, it also reminds players to be aware of where they are on the court and swinging elbows.

Not going to get anywhere with the discussion if you don't understand the concept. They don't need "reasonable doubt" to suspend someone playing basketball.
Yes you do because it proves both guys were in the wrong. If Fulk doesnt try to grab the guys jersey above his shoulders does he throw the elbow? It can be reasonably thought that Payne was throwing the elbow at Fulks arms to get free.
And you ignored part of my post. DId you want Watson suspended for his elbow on Noah?

Im not saying he didnt mean to throw the elbow, but the intent to where it landed is questionable. Fulk grabbed his jersey when they turned and it can be reasonably thought that the intention was Fulks arms to get loose. Its not like they guy turned around faced Fulk squared up with him and then threw it.
You were able to scientifically identify Jauan’s “change of gait” but are puzzled by intent here. Technology hates us. 😢

Yes you do because it proves both guys were in the wrong. If Fulk doesnt try to grab the guys jersey above his shoulders does he throw the elbow? It can be reasonably thought that Payne was throwing the elbow at Fulks arms to get free.

Reasonable doubt is a burden of proof in a court of law. You don't need that to suspend a player.

In this day and age, what Payne did is not considered a basketball move or play, and it ended up reconfiguring a guy's facial bone. That's all you need.

Reasonable doubt is a burden of proof in a court of law. You don't need that to suspend a player.

In this day and age, what Payne did is not considered a basketball move or play, and it ended up reconfiguring a guy's facial bone. That's all you need.

Yeah, in college football, you get a game suspension just for using bad tackling form in the wrong situations.

For the third time did you want Watson suspended? If not then you have no leg to stand on. And there is your precedent for Payne not getting suspended. He was just as guilty as Payne is.

For the third time did you want Watson suspended? If not then you have no leg to stand on. And there is your precedent for Payne not getting suspended. He was just as guilty as Payne is.
Maybe you could post video of CJ Watson’s incident to contrast and compare? Still going far back to find an analogy. We might disagree with the CLEAR INTENT aspect...those of who were alive.

I have no idea what you are referring to, and what happened 15 years ago has no bearing on this now. It's a different time and a different commissioner. They took it upon themselves to suspend Jennings without a flag.

I am sure the Detroit Bad Boys reconfigured some faces without consequences, but we don't play basketball in those times anymore. It was a dirty play, and they apparently don't care.

From what I understand..... not that I agree with it..... Jajuan was suspended the first half of the next game bc he wasn’t published in the game he committed a flagrant foul...Payne was punished in the game that he committed the flagrant foul.

I have no idea what you are referring to, and what happened 15 years ago has no bearing on this now. It's a different time and a different commissioner. They took it upon themselves to suspend Jennings without a flag.

I am sure the Detroit Bad Boys reconfigured some faces without consequences, but we don't play basketball in those times anymore. It was a dirty play, and they apparently don't care.
It was 06. Since when is purposely stomping on a guys face a football action? You claim to not know the play, but know exactly how long ago it was when it happened.

I wish basketball was still played like the Detroit bad boys.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Uros really is a fantastic teammate. His is always so animated on the baseline. He's shown in the last 2 games that he can contribute. Looking forward to see if he can develop and play more next year.
I know I'm not the only one...who else, when a big play happens, immediately scans the baseline to see Uros' reaction?

It was 06. Since when is purposely stomping on a guys face a football action? You claim to not know the play, but know exactly how long ago it was when it happened.
You’re proclaiming intent! Novel approach! 😉 What PROVES that he intentionally stomped on...scratch that. Change of gait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back