Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team today did not underperform. The expectations we have in basketball are BECAUSE of Rick Barnes, not in spite of him. People have to get that through their brain. We were an awful program that he took on. He is 8-6 against UK and has beaten them every year, even with below average teams. He just signed his 4th 5 Star with more to come.
Facts. They are hard to grasp for some people.

Yeah who cares about them pesky facts.
Pesky facts... You do realize that just about anything you put into your body now days has some kind of adverse side effect.. Don't even get me started on the crap "legal" drug dealers push.

Weed being illegal in this day and age is ****ing ignorant.

Under age 25 permanent brain damage from smoking weed 10x or more per month. Medically proven at this point. Legalization of marijuana has allowed actual medical research to occur. This research has busted some urban legends such as pot helps glaucoma (nope)

The part that scares me is actually the vape cartridges with THC and the edibles, in both cases you can easily megadose the THC...not sure of the potential consequences.

Tobacco was hailed for its calming effects back when you had to roll your own. Then the US government asked for mass produced cigarettes for soldiers during war time to help with the stress of battle. Subsequently, the world has discovered that tobacco causes emphysema, untold # of cancers, heart disease, etc. It’s use costs the world trillions in healthcare dollars every year. One JUUL is the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes...

How many marijuanas is in a vape cartridge? Don’t know...

What will we discover about marijuana once mass consumption can occur...I doubt that the answer will be that marijuana is a “harmless substance “ Just my 2 cents.
Marijuana is definitely not harmless, and I spend a lot of my time trying to talk people into leaving all drug use behind...but...I absolutely believe adults have the right to live however they want, and do whatever they want...legislating my morals onto others is wrong.

I watched Hagler methodically break down Duran over 15 rounds. Then have an all out war against Hearns and KO him in the 3rd. Then another methodical breakdown of John "The Beast" Mugabi with a late round TKO. Which was followed with Sugar Ray (and I had mad respect for Leonard before this fight) running like a b!tch for 12 rounds and the judges disrespecting maybe, the greatest middleweight of all time and gifting Leonard with a bullsh!t split decision

I watched Hagler methodically break down Duran over 15 rounds. Then have an all out war against Hearns and KO him in the 3rd. Then another methodical breakdown of John "The Beast" Mugabi with a late round TKO. Which was followed with Sugar Ray (and I had mad respect for Leonard before this fight) running like a b!tch for 12 rounds and the judges disrespecting maybe, the greatest middleweight of all time and gifting Leonard with a bullsh!t split decision
Leonard wanted no part of Hagler.. Always liked Hands of Stone though.. Greatest lightweight of all time. Went 71-1 in his first 72 pro fights...

Leonard wanted no part of Hagler.. Always liked Hands of Stone though.. Greatest lightweight of all time. Went 71-1 in his first 72 pro fights...
Agree, Duran was no doubt the greatest Lightweight of all-time and that's probably why Hagler (too big, naturally) broke him down. Still Duran was pretty damn good in that fight. Hearns is the only one of those guys that really hurt Duran and that's because he was 6'2 and dropped that right hand on Duran that Hagler was able to shake off

Agree, Duran was no doubt the greatest Lightweight of all-time and that's probably why Hagler (too big, naturally) broke him down. Still Duran was pretty damn good in that fight. Hearns is the only one of those guys that really hurt Duran and that's because he was 6'2 and dropped that right hand on Duran that Hagler was able to shake off
Duran should've never fought past welterweight.. The dude was only 5'7" and wasn't built to fight at 160.. He was one brutal SOB in the ring though..

Reactions: The Dog
And don’t forget to lose an hour of sleep tonight, morans. While you’re at it, tell your congressman to #locktheclock on DST. Amazing that we have a state law to keep DST year round, but it takes a literal act of Congress to allow it to happen.

May this be the last year we lose an hour of sleep. 🥂

Very very likely. This year should have been either an SEC championship or an elite 8 with the amount of talent we have.
It is not enough to be physically talented..this seems like a thought that should be easily apparent to anyone with a brain. Your talent has to compliment each other, and ours does not..this team has holes talented or not that you can drive a truck through.

This is still a team game, and besides that this team has no one, not even these two supposed draft pick players that can be depended on in crunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back