Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what happened to my husband in high school when he was holding the ball to run out the clock. They were beating Whitwell who was ranked #1 in the state. Their star player elbowed him and knocked him out. My husband's mother came flying out of the stands and was jumping up raking her nails down his back. So his mother and others came running on the court. Soon almost all of both sides were on the court and knives were out. My husband missed it all. Surprised there was not a brawl after this!

how did I miss this 😂 this is amazing.

I have had 3 concussions..... 2 sports related..... back then, we didn’t go to the hospital...... we were told to shake it off.....I have taking an intentional forearm to the face while catching and numerous things done to me while playing football..... I have also been thrown out of a baseball game for throwing an elbow at a kids chin...... he had been talking trash the whole game and slid in really hard to our shortstop.... he was on 3rd base.... my catcher missed the ball.... that kid was trying to score on the passed ball..... I didn’t even look at the catcher as he tried to throw it to me..... I drove my elbow right under his chin..... got kicked out but earned the respect of my team.

He went to the hospital because they were concerned he had a detached retina. You don’t shake that off.

With his back turned? If he turned around and purposefully clocked Fulky; maybe.

He was def wrong. It was waay over the top. SEC SHOULD send a strong signal.

He rocked it forward then rammed it back to hit him. He was hoping for contact. It’s how you throw an elbow and wasn’t an accident. You’re a DA.

@SergeantVol

Is the word "gipped" a derogatory word referring to gypsies? Never thought about it before now. Never heard it referred to as one. But the thought just struck me. Perhaps you should start a movement declaring it an ethnically offensive slur.
It’s Gypped. And yes it’s a slur. We are not Egyptians (where the term Gypsy was derived from). We are Roma or Romani. I’m used to being heckled and called names. It doesn’t bother me. Most people don’t even know what a Gypsy is for the most part. Except Europeans. Those racist bastages (mainly Romanians, Italians, French, and Eastern European people) hate my people.

View attachment 357185

Do you even surface area, bro?

You would need several standard French fries to measure up to the same surface area of just one waffle fry. Assuming a standard thickness application per square inch of fry surface area, the efficiency of waffle fries is unmatched. I can consume multiple packs of dipping sauce with waffle fries thanks to this efficiency, thereby maximizing calorie intake.

This doesn’t even take into account the ability of the cavities of the waffle fries to hold said sauce as it makes the journey from the sauce container to your mouth. This surface tension will prevent dripping during the journey and thereby greatly reduce the risk of you wearing the sauce on your clothing for the remainder of the day. Trying to match this efficiency with standard fries is a fool’s errand and will result in stains and stress that no bleach can ever get rid of.

Put simply, the waffle fry is the GOAT for dipping.
The issue was dipping vs squeezing directly on, not regular fries vs waffle. And the objective is not to get as much ketchup as possible on each one. It's to get the perfect amount each time with no wasted time or wasted ketchup or mess.

I feel like I'm teaching a bunch of AMATEURS how to properly eat fast food. I worked in fast food for 5% of a century guys, and half of that at CFA. I've dealt with more waffle fries than you could ever imagine. I know exactly how many grains of salt is the perfect amount for each fry. I'm basically a REAL culinary engineer, unlike that fraud engineer who originally suggested that farse of an idea.

Squeeze the ketchup on to the waffle fry, then come back here and thank me when every bite is perfect with much less effort, less mess, and less waste.

It’s Gypped. And yes it’s a slur. We are not Egyptians (where the term Gypsy was derived from). We are Roma or Romani. I’m used to being heckled and called names. It doesn’t bother me. Most people don’t even know what a Gypsy is for the most part. Except Europeans. Those racist bastages (mainly Romanians, Italians, French, and Eastern European people) hate my people.

Add McGill to the list.

Plenty of research that demonstrates negative side effects. Not trying to start something here, but to say that it benefits people with tbi and cte is laughable. Does it potentially sedate and calm those people? Sure. But there are plenty of other medicinal options that would do a better job than cannabis.

View attachment 357187
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmra1402309?casa_token=R27NS3w6iXMAAAAA:AIb_enxNFrU1WzUq6GR66m8hLjWPlrM6U5ALJZ5awDur5aq2jI1H-GptnjQzwzEFt6YPSy0UNujt

Plenty of research touting the medicinal benefits of marijuana as well.

He went to the hospital because they were concerned he had a detached retina. You don’t shake that off.

Oh yeah? This guy disagrees.

1498141260-1199199266_f.jpg

6-4

One of the things that has been noted as a concern by some people about UCF’s 2020 season was the record seem to suggest a regression from the undefeated seasons of 2017, undefeated regular season of 2018 (Heupel’s first year there), to a 10-3 record in 2019, and then the 6-4 record in a Covid shortened 2020 season.

The easy explanation for 2020 is the Knights had a number of players, including starters and reserves on the defense, opt out of playing the season. But sitting at 5-2 with 3 games to go on the year there was an off-field issue that popped up involving some players and a gun and a verbal altercation with police and in the aftermath in early November Heupel dismissed 4 more players from the team, all on the defensive side, and among the most experienced. The Knights won 1 of their remaining 3 games. That win came against South Florida who had opened their season with a win against The Citadel and then lost all their remaining games (8) on the year.

A defense that had improved from 8th best in the conference in 2018 to 2nd best in 2019, in 2020 fell to last place. With the opt outs the defense had gone from giving up 346 yards per game for all of 2019 to giving up 448 yards per game through the first 7 games of 2020. The last 3 games, without the dismissed players, the Knights defense gave up 594 yards per game.

The Knights offense in the first 7 games of the season average 44.0 points per game and the defense gave up 28.71 points per game. The 2019 gave up an average of 23.0 points per game for the entire season. In the last 3 games of 2020 the Knights offense averaged 38.0 points per game while the defense gave up 43.67 points per game.

The component of the defense that suffered the most in 2020 was the pass defense. It started off the 2020 season already at a disadvantage having lost a number of guys from both the secondary and the pass rush to opt outs but after the dismissals it was for all intents and purposes totally gutted.

The offense is predicated on maximizing offensive possessions but if your defense can’t get stops or takeaways then the offense is probably not going to have as many possessions and your scoring will fall off a bit. Even South Florida which averaged just over 200 yards per game passing in 2020 exploded for over 400 yards passing against the gutted Knight pass defense.

ScreenHunter 695.png

Tim Banks is coming from the 2nd best pass defense in the B10 and that pass defense has been 2nd best in the conference in 2 out of the last 3 years. In 2018 his team led the B10 in sacks and was 3rd best the past 2 years. If we can hold on to our defensive players I think the coaches we have on that side of the ball ought to have a good shot at meeting Heupel’s objective for defensive performance – which means more possessions and more points for the offense. jmo.

A representative in Tennessee is trying to change the state constitution to prevent recreational weed from ever being legalized. I haven't touched it since 1995, but it is better than booze. And can even be beneficial for people with CTE and traumatic brain injuries.
Whoever that is needs to be banned from politics for life. Thats where this is headed with bipartisan support across the country. Got a few backwards azz clowns that still think the war on drugs is the way to go. How many states had made it legal as medical MJ.
Screenshot_20210313-054716_Samsung Internet.jpg
With more tapped to legalize this year.

Reactions: hooter vol
Plenty of research touting the medicinal benefits of marijuana as well.
They really only started doing research recently here in America, other countries like Israel and Spain have progressed alot. Still on the fed level a schedule 1 drug, meaning it has no medical value. Yet the people in about 36 states now have voted one way or another for Medical MJ. Kinda crazy huh

Reactions: hooter vol
They really only started doing research recently here in America, other countries like Israel and Spain have progressed alot. Still on the fed level a schedule 1 drug, meaning it has no medical value. Yet the people in about 36 states now have voted one way or another for Medical MJ. Kinda crazy huh
It started with the big tobacco lobby, and now it's the big pharma lobby. People with deep pockets want to keep it illegal to avoid competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back