Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, spring will give us a glimpse of what we have and what we need. We don't know how quickly some of the talent will develop. Guys were misused, underused or not used at all last year, so we don't know how quickly they'll progress or in some cases, what positions they'll play. We don't know how the QB competition will play out. We don't know how much quality depth we have or can develop before fall camp. We don't know who'll live up to their potential, who has a higher ceiling or who could decide to try their luck elsewhere.

You're right-- we need questions answered and gaps filled. And hopefully, we'll get some good surprises. Then we'll go portal shopping and round out the roster the best we can.
Any educated guesses about why players that could have/should have played were neglected? Typical recruiting promises?

I think HB has the best rapport and rhythm with the receivers and is on track to be the starter. Of course, spring FB could change that, and everybody's ready for some solid competition. IDK much about Hooker but Salter is going to need some seasoning. But that's what makes spring ball so exciting-- all things are possible, anything could happen and everything's in front of us.

My sense is HB is the guy too but maybe for the added reason is I think he's a pretty accurate passer or at least he was in HS. I'm under the impression you can't really teach accuracy to a QB. Either they have it or they don't. jmo.

Hooker has a pretty productive ground game so I don't know which way CJH will go but they've said multiple times that the offense hinges on the QB and in particular the QB being able to throw the ball at a high level. We want QBs that can throw all over the field.

So pro football focus ranked returning QBs for 2021. Gabriel was 4th best returning QB in the nation in that exercise. PFF also ranked top 30 transfer QB's. Hooker was at #18. The evaluations by the PFF analysts are below:

ScreenHunter 693.png

ScreenHunter 692.png

My sense is HB is the guy too but maybe for the added reason is I think he's a pretty accurate passer or at least he was in HS. I'm under the impression you can't really teach accuracy to a QB. Either they have it or they don't. jmo.

Hooker has a pretty productive ground game so I don't know which way CJH will go but they've said multiple times that the offense hinges on the QB and in particular the QB being able to throw the ball at a high level. We want QBs that can throw all over the field.

So pro football focus ranked returning QBs for 2021. Gabriel was 4th best returning QB in the nation in that exercise. PFF also ranked top 30 transfer QB's. Hooker was at #18. The evaluations by the PFF analysts are below:

View attachment 356651

View attachment 356653
Put them both in the backfield and let the defensive chaos!

View attachment 356651

View attachment 356653

I generally agree with the statement accuracy can’t be taught but Josh Allen proves otherwise. Although perhaps he’s the exception.

My sense is HB is the guy too but maybe for the added reason is I think he's a pretty accurate passer or at least he was in HS. View attachment 356651
When I read the write up on Gabriel, deep ball touch, lots of go routes, that was the knock on HB last season, albeit limited action, he had no air under his deep balls. Some of it was timing and rep related but that could be his downfall in the QB battle....

View attachment 356653

Reactions: Grandpa4
My comment was about recruiting, in response to InVOL's post about Bama's "system"-- so we're talking about different things. But yes, the new staff does seem to be excited and onboard, which is refreshing.

Yessir. I got that when I reread your post. It’s great to have a coaching staff that is excited about turning this ship around! Instead of the previous groups that didn’t seem to care or were overwhelmed with the task at hand...

tenor.gif
I know that you are a pastor and all, but please refrain from posting stuff like this that is very difficult to unsee. TIA.

Mrs Winners was the best fast food place ever.
Dolly Parton sized breasts.
greatsides, biscuits and cinnamon rolls.
I wept for weeks when they went oob.
If you ever get to Cleveland, Tennessee, I believe there's still one there. I know for sure the sign is still there but I haven't been by the actual restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back