Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the tiger high game, we did lose our defensive leader when al Wilson left the game early on th game. We were sitting next to Al's mother and she was very upset when Al was hurt. Also, the refs blew the game when they failed to call the punt returner was allowed to score when he was really tackled. We actually won that game had the refs made the correct call on that one play. The drive back that night was very long.
It seems we always had /have a tough game with Memphis.
That game should have never been within five touchdowns.

I was more upset that I was siding with the longhorn faithful that about the issues. I needed a reason to get back to my normal and total disdain for all things longhorn...
🤠
I hate em too, but I am just beyond sick of all this horse💩. It isn't making the world a better place, it is just dividing us even worse...

Dropping it now before I get in trouble.

Go Vols...Texas sux.

They cut me off at 20. my personal receipt had 11 more...so yup. Definitely not proud. Actually use that to illustrate how dangerous a binge could be. Acute alcohol poisoning can occur with way less than what I had that evening... I am lucky there wasn’t a very bad consequence.
I went on a "forget my troubles" binge by myself at home once in 95, and drank a fifth of Smirnoff, then a pint of Seagrams 7 and was somehow still awake so I drank almost a whole fifth of JD...I am really lucky that didn't end me.

From Dennis Dodd at CBS:

Josh Heupel's motivation is rarely witnessed publicly. There are only brief glimpses of the chip on his shoulder the size of Mount Rushmore. But if you look hard enough, they're as gaudy as the jeweled ring he earned leading Oklahoma to the 2000 national championship.

Amid the subtext of Heupel's hiring at Tennessee five weeks ago was his new gig being some sort of revenge tour.

It has been six years since Heupel was fired as co-offensive coordinator at his alma mater. At the time, in early 2015, Heupel was considered one of OU's top assistants and a possible successor to Bob Stoops at age 36.

Heupel was Stoops' first and only national championship quarterback. He used that knowledge to tutor Sam Bradford to the 2008 Heisman Trophy. It was mesmerizing that year to watch the pair work together in a film session.

In his memoir "No Excuses", Stoops called Heupel the most valuable player he had in his 18 years OU. "With Josh, it especially killed me," Stoops wrote. "… Firing Josh was [my] worst day … as the head coach at OU." Stoops would not provide further comment. Tennessee's coach has mostly avoided the question of his firing being motivation at his introductory press conference.

"[The firing] gave me a chance in some ways to restart and relook at what I wanted to do on the offensive side of the football," Heupel said. "As a coordinator, you're always going to try to carry out your head coach's vision."

During his first year as UCF's coach in 2018, Heupel shared his perspective on his firing with the Orlando Sentinel. "Thank God it happened! It's worked out great for me," he said. "If I had stayed there, I wouldn't be here."

Heupel is just reaching his coaching prime. His 28-8 record at UCF includes an AAC title and Fiesta Bowl appearance as well as two seasons of at least 10 wins.

It's clear by now Heupel didn't fail at OU. Injuries and turnovers -- 17 in the final seven games of 2014 -- did him in. At the end of an 8-5 season, Oklahoma finished unranked after a bowl loss for only the second time in Stoops' entire tenure with the Sooners.

Following his OU firing, Heupel landed as offensive coordinator at Utah State and then Missouri. Heupel replaced Scott Frost at UCF in 2018. Now at Tennessee, being in the right place at the right time has resulted in him earning one of the most challenging coaching assignments in the country.

"Think of it: Fired from your alma mater," said Arkansas defensive coordinator Barry Odom, who both played and coached against Heupel while at Missouri. "If you're a competitor, you're going to carry some of those things with you, which is … healthy."

"I understand how Josh feels," Mangino said. "But whether he cares or wants to admit it, he's still held in high esteem at Oklahoma. … If he walked into Memorial Stadium, the fans would jump on their feet. They love him."

"There is a chip on the shoulder of all of us [coaches]," Odom said. "… Everybody has scars."

Once-fired coaches like Josh Heupel never fully lose the chips on their shoulders

They cut me off at 20. my personal receipt had 11 more...so yup. Definitely not proud. Actually use that to illustrate how dangerous a binge could be. Acute alcohol poisoning can occur with way less than what I had that evening... I am lucky there wasn’t a very bad consequence.
Had a friend who damn near killed himself drinking Everclear....... straight.. 🙄 He eventually ended up in prison... That boy was dumber than a bag of hammers...

I know it has no effect on play, but I love number 7 for QBs. Looks clean.
3,5,7,8, 9, 11, 16,18 are preferred QB numbers for me aesthetically.

This has been stuck in my head, so from purely an aesthetic perspective personal favorite numbers to see by position and with none repeated.

QB - 3,5,7,8,9,11, 16, 18
RB - 20, 22, 26, 32, 34
WR - 1, 4, 80, 81, 82, 88
TE - 84, 85, 87,
OL - 69 (ha nice!)
DL - 90-99
LB - 33, 44, 45, 48, 52, 55
DB - 2, 14, 21, 23, 24, 29, 41, 47 (40s are safety only)

In the tiger high game, we did lose our defensive leader when al Wilson left the game early on th game. We were sitting next to Al's mother and she was very upset when Al was hurt. Also, the refs blew the game when they failed to call the punt returner was allowed to score when he was really tackled. We actually won that game had the refs made the correct call on that one play. The drive back that night was very long.
It seems we always had /have a tough game with Memphis.
we only scored 17 points. No excuse for that. Al Wilson, refs..... no excuse.

This has been stuck in my head, so from purely an aesthetic perspective personal favorite numbers to see by position and with none repeated.

QB - 3,5,7,8,9,11, 16, 18
RB - 20, 22, 26, 32, 34
WR - 1, 4, 80, 81, 82, 88
TE - 84, 85, 87,
OL - 69 (ha nice!)
DL - 90-99
LB - 33, 44, 45, 48, 52, 55
DB - 2, 14, 21, 23, 24, 29, 41, 47 (40s are safety only)

All those numbers and no 27? Big Al Wilson would not be impressed. Also, I like the number 1 on a special defensive player like Little wore it.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
So this post didn’t age well. Now that the black face history with the texas longhorns was posted, I can dislike that school completely again.

the emails from the boosters are disgusting.
I hope every black player on that team walks off the field the first home game so they can get their wish:

“As I said before the blacks are free and it's time for them to move on to another state where everything is in their favor."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back