Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let 2021 be the year that BVS was vaccinated against like the Rona. Take your cups off, build your immunity, and move out of dark cave and into the beautiful sunshine. Be the one who supports the program as it is rebuilt to an even better future. Every choice and action taken has been deeply analyzed, vetted, and executed by hiring the best available and allowing them to do likewise from Randy and Donde down the chain.

It may or may not be a grind or a slog - none of us know at this stage. It probably cannot go worse than the endings of the last 5 head coaching tenures we have endured over the past 15 years. As for me and my house, we choose this day to be sunshine pumpers and get heuped!

Meh, we do this with every hire. Like to think that we got lucky and somehow built an amazing staff. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Volnut and VolByLaw
I was looking at the schedule and I really only see 2 or 3 loses just from the average fans prospective. I think a lot of the gloom and doom that has been going around is just left over disgust from the last few years. The talent is there, unproven in most cases but it's there. QB play will be better for sure just because of coaching and the same can be said for the OL. RB, WR, TE should all be in good shape. The problem will be the defense, DL and LB specifically. If the coaches can give these guys an opportunity to make plays in a system that fits the talent we all may be in for a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: TennacJed
Pruitt ended up being an even worse hire than Dooley.

Sadly I feel like "realist" probably saw it coming. Dooley despite his flaws at least had been around coaching and already been a HC and even AD, he knew how to run a program. Just didn't seem able to make the right hires or recruit the right guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolByLaw
Sadly I feel like "realist" probably saw it coming. Dooley despite his flaws at least had been around coaching and already been a HC and even AD, he knew how to wrong a program. Just didn't seem able to make the right hires or recruit the right guys.
He also treated everybody like hot trash and burned bridges with countless high school coaches in Tn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back