Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wade twins, Fisher Anderson, D'Arco Perkins, nd Addison Nichols are 'feeling' UT right now according to VQ podcast. They aren't necessarily near committing, but the new staff and them have connected well.

Dallan Hayden is going to wait a while before committing, which is beneficial for UT.

Patrick Kutas is talking with the staff, but if a school with a better academic setting like Northwestern and Notre Dame comes, UT would be fighting an uphill battle.
Every time I see Fisher Anderson's name, it reminds me of former Rams WR, Flipper Anderson. Anybody else do that or remember him ?

Every time I see Fisher Anderson's name, it reminds me of former Rams WR, Flipper Anderson. Anybody else do that or remember him ?
Yes! For a long time he held the single game receiving yardage record. For that short window when Everett’s Rams were pretty salty.

Reactions: The Dog

Brubaker%2B2.png

Probably but losing S&C coaches every few years is not a recipe for success.
The positive with this hire is that he's JH's guy. He knows what JH wants to do on offense and trains the players to be prepared for that type of tempo. I don't see anything wrong with this hire. Our guys are not used to the up tempo spread offense and they'll need to be ready for it.

Count your blessings it wasn't for a torn Achilles. That was horrible not to mention the post surgery issues.

Well it’s not torn thank God. I have a bone spur as well by the tendon is still attached. My ortho said Inwill likely have to have the spur removed but he said the tendon is just causing some structural and stability issues. I had to buy some new shoes and orthotics. Hopefully that helps out a lot.

"I heard he went off the handle and fired a coach during half-time, and took it back after the game. It was not Brumbaugh. Someone I trust said Pruitt had fired pretty much all of the coaches at some point, and Brumbaugh was the only one who decided to let it happen." 👀 👀 👀
Not exactly the kind of environment that fosters trust and loyalty

The positive with this hire is that he's JH's guy. He knows what JH wants to do on offense and trains the players to be prepared for that type of tempo. I don't see anything wrong with this hire. Our guys are not used to the up tempo spread offense and they'll need to be ready for it.

You know that’s some good points and ones Indidnt take into consideration.

Reactions: Batman1948
A few rays of optimism from Basilio's recruiting expert "X" this morning:

In an odd sort of way Coach Heupel may be a bit relieved Simpson and Horn chose different schools. It’s almost like hiring a new head coach but not giving him freedom to hire his staff. When Coach Heupel took the job, the top of his quarterback recruiting board was already set. He didn’t recruit either prospect at Central Florida. Now, he can recruit the quarterback(s) of his choosing. Two things I’m sure of 1) there are plenty of quarterbacks that would love to play in his offense and 2) there are more undervalued quarterback prospects available in this cycle, because of COVID (some states didn’t play football in 2020 and some had very limited seasons), than in past recruiting cycles.

The Tony Basilio Show

He goes on to list several potential QB targets, including Drew Allar.
Meh.... spin a dream.

I can promise you Heupel is not thinking “Whew! Didn’t have to settle for top tier quarterbacks. Now I can find a Diamond in the rough that may pan out.”

Reactions: PA Vol and Catbone
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back