Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought but we must be saving a ton of money in our recruiting budget. Having one of the biggest budgets in the country and we aren’t spending anything to send coaches on the road, host recruits, or put on camps. The only thing we really have to pay for is the recruiting staff and a pro Zoom account. I need Jimmy to dig up these numbers.

"COVID-19 may have a huge impact CFB recruiting in 2020."

- Incoming Jimminy tweet prolly

not sure about grown man on twitter guy...

but, it really does frustrate me to think about the fire power we've left on the bench in last three years. inability to do ANYTHING offensively with names like Hyatt, Wideman, and Beckwith just sitting. (Yes im aware that genius Egghead found a way to let Hyatt run three go routes).

Absolute idiocy. Its truly pounding square peg in a round hole. Its truly the definition of insanity.

ANY offensive mind worth half a **** would find a way to get playmakers the ball. So happy that freshman or not, we'll be looking to get in end zone now. Instead of running from 20 to the 20, only to fumble, throw INT, or turnover on downs.

Overall, I am very happy with the job Coach Barnes has done. Kind of disappointed in how this year seems to be headed, but no way in the world do I think it is time to move on. Good grief, you all are all kinds of miserable.
People are just not understanding the number of players that are playing through injuries. That's the difference in the play from the beginning of the year to the last 10 or so games.

People are just not understanding the number of players that are playing through injuries. That's the difference in the play from the beginning of the year to the last 10 or so games.
I don't buy it. This is a very typical barnes "fall apart at the end of the year"team

Random thought but we must be saving a ton of money in our recruiting budget. Having one of the biggest budgets in the country and we aren’t spending anything to send coaches on the road, host recruits, or put on camps. The only thing we really have to pay for is the recruiting staff and a pro Zoom account. I need Jimmy to dig up these numbers.
Covid

Now whether that kind of performance is worth paying him a top 10 salary is another question entirely, but hey, it’s not our money.
Top 10 salary in basketball for averaged-out top 25 results.

Top 15 football salary and we have finished top 25 twice since Fulmer. Not once in the top 20.

So...yeah, I'll take the Barnes situation all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back