Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really did. Just coming off back surgery. High likelihood he was on something.
If he was on something, it will be covered up by his agent. When he had the accident in 2009, his agent threatened to sue anyone just to keep his image intact. It will be a minor miracle if he didn't injure his back again in this accident. I believe the media is reporting he has two broken legs but not life threatening injuries.

If he was on something, it will be covered up by his agent. When he had the accident in 2009, his agent threatened to sue anyone just to keep his image intact. It will be a minor miracle if he didn't injure his back again in this accident. I believe the media is reporting he has two broken legs but not life threatening injuries.

The agent has already used the words “respect his privacy”. That’s telling to me

I haven't seen anything about Pruitt actually filing a lawsuit yet. As an attorney myself, there are two sides to the discovery of "dirt and negative articles" that can come out. If the university did its due diligence (which Plowman did), then I am guessing we have proof upon proof of Pruitt either doing or having knowledge of actions that support the exercise of the "firing for cause" clause. There are things that Jeremy Pruitt will not want out if he wants to ever be considered for future employment, notwithstanding any punishment from the NCAA.

Recruiting is non-existent because we are one month into a new coach who can only zoom with players unless they come on their own. Recruiting will turn up when this offense gets going.
Pruitt is employed by the New York Giants right now. He didn't stay unemployed very long. I'm sure he'll have a very long career coaching defense in the NFL if that's what he chooses to do.

So he just assumes that the only reason UT did an internal investigation was because they didn't want to pay Pruitt's buyout? That's a reasonable guess, but I remember when journalists used to try to prove their accusations. He just presupposes it in his write-up and offers no evidence.

An argument could even be made he's disproving his own theory in the write-up. If the ultimate fallout from the investigation does more financial damage to UT football than just paying the buyout, doesn't that strengthen the University's argument that they're doing this to try to follow the rules rather than save money?
Great point. He ran with it like a message board.

...he could have at least said 'according to anonymous sources'. That's what "legit" reporters do.

The agent has already used the words “respect his privacy”. That’s telling to me

s571VMI.jpg

Pruitt is employed by the New York Giants right now. He didn't stay unemployed very long. I'm sure he'll have a very long career coaching defense in the NFL if that's what he chooses to do.

I was mainly referring to college coaching because I would guess he prefers that.

LOL, that's what I get from listening to my dad. He said it was several hundred yards. He was watching TV. Fake news from my dad. :)
I understand. I just started thinking about how far that was lol.

To give you an idea, there’s now a fire truck on the road that has extended a boom with a winch nearly all the way to the vehicle. It’s probably 100-150 ft up a hill... still a long way.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Well I hope we are making daddy toot toot pay for this semester.
Siap, but last time I saw the bylaws - if a player enters the portal any time after classes have begun, then his scholarship for that 1 semester is still guaranteed. But nothing further.

If a player enters before the semester begins, then the school has no obligation, but I'm sure schools are strategic depending on the player/situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back