Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about the internal investigation and NCAA stuff is that it would be much, MUCH worse when it got out if Plowman had it on her desk and ignored it. That’s “lack of institutional control” territory and they’d have probably made an example of Tennessee.

I think the NCAA is in an interesting spot with us here. They have to know that no one will ever self report again if they lay the hammer down on us. Their future model on compliance (from what I gather) will be very dependent on internal compliance.

It just makes no sense.
I think when cheating came to light, and, how it was completely rampant. Once Chancellor found out she had to act. She preserved the University, not the athletic department. That's how and why.

This is about self preservation (of an entity). Once that settled in my brain, just moved on.

Have you ever seen somebody with "blind rage"? It is what everybody that thinks their bad needs to witness. These people go blank for ex amount of time and then comeback after a minute or two. Usually the quiet type that sets alone because many of those types know what they can do and it scares them and it should everybody else.

I may or may have not blacked out in anger a time or two..... lol 😂, I’m one of those people that can’t really feel anything when I’m angry..... it’s weird.

I hate the new narrative that UT chose to do the internal investigation. If a compliance member overheard something that's part of the protocol isn't it? The entire reason you have those people in the AD is to do just what they did...

I guess hiring in a 3rd party law firm isn't typical for an internal though. I am also not sure we've put ourselves in the crosshairs, if anything the NCAA may look at it like they're off the hook. Cause other than a bowl ban or scholarship reductions what else punishment wise would they hand down? LSU Basketball seems to have far more damning evidence on them and the NCAA hasn't done ****.
The Athletic article is guessing. We have not buried our program. Pruitt and Company crossed a line, then we cleaned house. Minimal future damage since we took the garbage out.

I think when cheating came to light, and, how it was completely rampant. Once Chancellor found out she had to act. She preserved the University, not the athletic department. That's how and why.

This is about self preservation (of an entity). Once that settled in my brain, just moved on.
Have you seen any other university in the past 15 years hurt by it when they denied and fought it?

I think the NCAA is in an interesting spot with us here. They have to know that no one will ever self report again if they lay the hammer down on us. Their future model on compliance (from what I gather) will be very dependent on internal compliance.
People have self reported for years and the NCAA never took it easy on them..... what’s different this time?

People have self reported for years and the NCAA never took it easy on them..... what’s different this time?
Most self-disciplined AFTER the NCAA started looking at their programs. Completely different to launch your own investigation and fire all involved parties BEFORE any public accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back