Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
HT came in with a three-year goal. It may not work out that way, but he wants to go to the NFL and get paid. If he wants to give UT a fair shot, he'll go through spring practice before making a final decision. That's what others are doing.
You seem more positive then last you were on. Is the new staff making a good impression on you? Do you feel we have a fighters chance to be competitive in recruiting and games next season?

HT came in with a three-year goal. It may not work out that way, but he wants to go to the NFL and get paid. If he wants to give UT a fair shot, he'd go through spring practice before making a final decision. That's what others are doing.
I get the feeling of it were solely up to him he’d be back at UT.

Just saw we released Dylan Brooks. In no way is this a shot at his ability, because I think he’s gonna be awesome, but it had a JJ Peterson vibe with Dylan. Just follow Pruitt no questions ask.
He may have been following the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and he still may be doing it

Regarding Brooks, why the hell sign early knowing the HC could be fired? He wasn’t an EE so there was no reason to sign early. If you’re going somewhere only to play for the coach and not the school, you may want to wait until you know for a fact that coach would still be there. I guarantee that Pruitt and Fulmer were telling him that Pruitt would be back and not to worry but there was also lots of talk from national recruiting guys and national reporters that Pruitt could get fired... he should have just waited til February. He wouldn’t be in this mess if he did.

Growing up as a kid (Grunge era) I always found myself banging my head to some Alice In Chains!...aside from Lanye’s voice wanting me to set someone’s house on fire! Jerry Cantrell always got my inner mosh pit coming out!🤘🏽 By the way Alice In Chains is better than Nirvana...dont @me 👀😅😂😂
I love pretty much all those 90s Seattle bands.

Regarding Brooks, why the hell sign early knowing the HC could be fired? He wasn’t an EE so there was no reason to sign early. If you’re going somewhere only to play for the coach and not the school, you may want to wait until you know for a fact that coach would still be there. I guarantee that Pruitt and Fulmer were telling him that Pruitt would be back and not to worry but there was also lots of talk from national recruiting guys and national reporters that Pruitt could get fired... he should have just waited til February. He wouldn’t be in this mess if he did.
Answered your own question.

Reactions: FBtime
He’s way too slow to be a LB in the NFL.
In Pruitt’s boneheaded way of using the MLB this year, HT had to commit to the run until the TE or slot broke the middle short zone. This leaves any MLB exposed in coverage. Recall that no one perceived him as slow with twenty more pounds on his body playing with Bituli. This year they made him cover too many reads to hide other weaknesses. In the NFL, he’ll play at optimal weight, and have reasonable assignments. He isn’t too slow.

Huh? No one in that recruiting office is still employed, and I’m pretty sure Dylan Brooks has no clue who Donde Plowman or Randy Boyd are, if that’s what you are insinuating.

Pretty clear that Brooks wanted to play for Pruitt and was probably getting some incentive to do so. Those are both gone, so he is too.
Brooks is obviously not making decisions based of of Plowman or Boyd, it was tied to Pruitt which has been said since Brooks committed.

I'm sayingt there is a culture problem at UT and changing coaches/AD isnt going to change it over night. Plowman and Boyd have their third leg of the chair so we should see alignment there. White has to get all his people going in the same direction, not just coaches but everyone who works in the atheletic department. That also doesn't change where the money is coming from which can pretty much change everything whenever they feel like it.

Hubbs on Jean-Mary..

Coaching search time....
iu

Most underrated Petty song:

All or Nothing
Disagree on that one (shocking, right?...there’s almost no wrong answers when it comes to music).

My favorite underrated Petty song is “Walls (Circus)”

Also, they have a recording of “I Won’t Back Down (Live at the Fillmore, San Francisco, CA 2/4/97)” that is off the charts good.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Pruitt probably threw in a couple extra apple pies to seal the signature.

You seem more positive then last you were on. Is the new staff making a good impression on you? Do you feel we have a fighters chance to be competitive in recruiting and games next season?

I don't see upside in dwelling on the negative. The new staff deserves a shot to show us what they can do. They didn't make this mess; they're here to clean it up. They seem committed to that. I look at the roster and I see youth and potential. I don't see the quick turnaround and fast climb that others see. The SEC is very unforgiving, and we've lost a lot of good players.

In Pruitt’s boneheaded way of using the MLB this year, HT had to commit to the run until the TE or slot broke the middle short zone. This leaves any MLB exposed in coverage. Recall that no one perceived him as slow with twenty more pounds on his body playing with Bituli. This year they made him cover too many reads to hide other weaknesses. In the NFL, he’ll play at optimal weight, and have reasonable assignments. He isn’t too slow.

I don't think he is slow I just don't believe his is strong or quick. He was man handled in the middle because of weight sure but getting off blocks is also about strength, which at times appeared he was unable to do. As far as quickness if you can run a 4.5 forty but can't change directions it can cause a problem in pass coverage trying to cover a back out of the backfield or slot and the same with a wide receiver across the middle.

I really think if he goes to "THAT OTHER SCHOOL" he will be used as a edge rusher and a situational type LB if he gains weight, not a every down guy. His stars don't mean much down there they all have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back