Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never wish ill for a young man, but if Dylan Brooks ends up a bust, I won't be disappointed. Probably just the hurt talking because he's definitely a position of need for us, but I just don't understand this undying love of Pruitt. It's not as if Auburn has any of the coaches left that were recruiting him there.
That one sounds a little strange to me. Maybe local people or some "handler" in his ear. Hard to tell. But the accountability door has to swing both ways.

I mean if you're a Junior heading into your last season and your entire coaching staff is let go...to me that's a different situation. I love Henry T, I totally have no issue with him wanting to go somewhere else to be on a winner and help his draft stock. He was fully bought in for the 2 seasons he was here and balled. I think it's kind of ****** Bama isn't willing to take him UNLESS the "free transfer" is passed. If I was him I'd go somewhere that has him a spot regardless.

But incoming HS freshmen I got no remorse for, most of them should RS in year 1 any damn way cause very few are truly ready especially those that don't early enroll. So ya signed a NLI and change your mind, tough ****. Go wherever you want at the FBS but sit a year.

i forget the name of the festival, but it's one that Clapton puts on....i have a live recording of it and he does "queen of california" and i swear it's one of those songs that you listen to and it immediately changes your mood. that dude is good. i wish that's all he did lol...

i'm a pretty big fan of gary clark jr. too. he played at that same festival, did a duet with, hell, i can't remember who, on "Catfish" which is great, and "when my train comes in"....both just awesome.

GCJr is so good!

A few non rock guitarist that are just amazing imo are Billy Strings & Tyler Childers. Also Charlie Parr can pick a damn tune like no other.

So no Brooks, no Cody Brown, looking like something is going on with Gooch....Our recruiting ranking is spiraling, we're facing NCAA sanctions. Jeremy Pruitt is the gift that keeps on giving. It's official, he's herpes.
So the players that came for Pruitt are leaving because Pruitts gone and it's his fault? Issues are way bigger I have a feeling the people who caused them are still employed by the university.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
So the players that came for Pruitt are leaving because Pruitts gone and it's his fault? Issues are way bigger I have a feeling the people who caused them are still employed by the university.
We, as fans, were screwed over by a number of people. Pruitt was one of them. Not sure why you wanna ignore that? I feel Plowman and Boyd screwed us over a bit as well, but that doesn't absolve Pruitt of his part in it. So yeah, a lot of this damn mess is Pruitt's fault. Not sure how you can argue it's not.

Years ago there was a group of us that would frequent a club in Printers Alley I believe was called Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar that had a regular band play that was very good. Can't remember the lead guy's name but he always dressed and tried to resemble Stevie Ray Vaughan. Is that still there and anyone remember his name? One night we were there, the ZZ Top guys came in and sat at the bar putting down a few. Place was packed and not a seat to be had but them boys sure got em! lol

Stacey Mitchart.......he can play !!!!

edit: I think the group was........ Stacey Mitchart and Blues You Can Use

Absolutely, if a coach sells the university most the kids do like Tyler Bray did. If you're selling the kids on purely yourself or staff then you're failing them. The kids should be sold on the university, because the time they spend here will be spent doing more non-football things than football related.

We, as fans, were screwed over by a number of people. Pruitt was one of them. Not sure why you wanna ignore that? I feel Plowman and Boyd screwed us over a bit as well, but that doesn't absolve Pruitt of his part in it. So yeah, a lot of this damn mess is Pruitt's fault. Not sure how you can argue it's not.
Pruitt wasn't great, but the fallout of how the situation was handled isn't on him. The trainwreck was able to been seen from a mile away, but wasn't able to be stopped. Anything bad that happens isn't suprising at this point. I'm just waiting for positive momentum to start.

So no Brooks, no Cody Brown, looking like something is going on with Gooch....Our recruiting ranking is spiraling, we're facing NCAA sanctions. Jeremy Pruitt is the gift that keeps on giving. It's official, he's herpes.

You know what matters less than our recruiting ranking in mid February? Literally nothing. Get a tissue.

I never wish ill for a young man, but if Dylan Brooks ends up a bust, I won't be disappointed. Probably just the hurt talking because he's definitely a position of need for us, but I just don't understand this undying love of Pruitt. It's not as if Auburn has any of the coaches left that were recruiting him there.
His happy meals was all dried up and now he sees the chance to go to the school that he really wanted to go to in the first place. I bet he wont commit to just to a coach the next time.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Absolutely, if a coach sells the university most the kids do like Tyler Bray did. If you're selling the kids on purely yourself or staff then you're failing them. The kids should be sold on the university, because the time they spend here will be spent doing more non-football things than football related.
Selling the university isnt college football recruiting anymore and hasn't been in a long time. Tennessee football program doesn't sell itself anymore and that's the sad reality.

Pruitt wasn't great, but the fallout of how the situation was handled isn't on him.
The situation that created the fallout is on him. Are you really wanting to make excuses for Pruitt? I don't like how Boyd and Plowman handled it, but there would have been nothing to handle had Pruitt kept Nieds reined in, which he failed to do. And it's not the cheating that bothers me, it's the sloppiness. Pruitt should have had better control of it. But he didn't. And Kirby was ready to rat us out because of it. So now here we sit screwed. Pruitt played his part and deserves his blame.

Pruitt is a persona non grata in Tennessee IMO. He needs to avoid the state or pass through under cover of darkness. Not so much for what he did, but for how he went about it handling his job. Blatant, open cheating while pizzing off everybody and losing is not the recipe for success. I hope he has learned a big life lesson as well. He took a big, smelly dump in our collective nest and apparently did not care when he was doing it. There is a big cost in cleaning the mess up. So Donde and Randy get a pass in how they handle it in my book.

You know what matters less than our recruiting ranking in mid February? Literally nothing. Get a tissue.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Glitch
The situation that created the fallout is on him. Are you really wanting to make excuses for Pruitt? I don't like how Boyd and Plowman handled it, but there would have been nothing to handle had Pruitt kept Nieds reined in, which he failed to do. And it's not the cheating that bothers me, it's the sloppiness. Pruitt should have had better control of it. But he didn't. And Kirby was ready to rat us out because of it. So now here we sit screwed. Pruitt played his part and deserves his blame.
I'm never going to be mad about paying recruits lol. There wasn't a culture in our AD/Program that was accustomed to cheating. Not managing that change was on Pruitt and Fulmer. There is no doubt in my mind that we weren't doing anything different than UGA, Florida and Bama, we just didnt have our house in order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Listening to the VQ podcast and for the 3rd or 4th time Hubbs hinted that we may end up paying Tee...for WHAT? How is he able to take a job in the NFL AND get paid based on an alleged promise from Fulmer that his contract would be extended? Even if he got a court of law to honor a verbal contract, how does he cash in without fulfilling any employment obligations?
I'll give you one guess

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back