Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starlink will be interesting. Supposedly will be available in the Nashville area sometime late 2021. I’ve been following online conversations about it to see if the speeds match up with what’s advertised and if it’s reliable. So far, seen some good things. Biggest issue for me is the upfront cost for the equipment is $500 and then it’s $99.99/month after that for the service.
sounds like fancy words for line of sight tech which has been around for ages.

anything that has to be relayed, Sat, line of sight is privvy to jitter, interference, data caps. Its junk.

Edit: Finna be another Howard Hughes upinheah! swidt? one mad genius to another.

I don't understand the belief in Hooker.

6'4" 220lbs 4 star outta HS

At Virginia Tech despite getting limited opportunities he amassed for his career there

63.1% completion percentage
2894 passing yards
9.3 Y/A
22 TDs
7 INTs
159.8 QBR

Adding 1033 rushing yards with 15 TDs

He may not be our starter, but with him having so much P5 experience he's going to be in the mix I think.

It's also my understanding the satellites are closer in proximity to earth, so latency is ridiculously low (circa 35ms or so).

So far the reports from beta users have been solid. This is a chart from a user on Reddit about their internet speeds. Major snow storm put a kink in things for a little bit but overall good speeds. AVG internet download speeds in the US is 93 Mbs.. this persons average download speeds was 104 Mbs. Average test latency was 29, and average ping latency was 42 ms.
1613667185596.png

Starlink will be interesting. Supposedly will be available in the Nashville area sometime late 2021. I’ve been following online conversations about it to see if the speeds match up with what’s advertised and if it’s reliable. So far, seen some good things. Biggest issue for me is the upfront cost for the equipment is $500 and then it’s $99.99/month after that for the service.
Those prices will go down as they get it up to full capacity.

sounds like fancy words for line of sight tech which has been around for ages.

anything that has to be relayed, Sat, line of sight is privvy to jitter, interference, data caps. Its junk.

Edit: Finna be another Howard Hughes upinheah! swidt? one mad genius to another.

Yup. Chart I just linked in my previous post had an interference from a snow storm. Download speed dropped from 104 to what looks like around 25. I had Dish in the past and used to get pissed when the TV went out due to storms. Starlink will have similar issues. It’s still going to be a game changer for people in rural areas who can’t get good internet though.

So far the reports from beta users have been solid. This is a chart from a user on Reddit about their internet speeds. Major snow storm put a kink in things for a little bit but overall good speeds. AVG internet download speeds in the US is 93 Mbs.. this persons average download speeds was 104 Mbs. Average test latency was 29, and average ping latency was 42 ms.
View attachment 352539
Yeah, that's consistent with what I'm hearing as well.

I pay like $115 for the co-op aka monopoly in my area and my speeds are...
1613667603118.png

Course with schools out there may be more traffic at this time of day than normal. Still Starlink would be a lot faster for a bit less...

Reactions: almirUT and Sleegro
6'4" 220lbs 4 star outta HS

At Virginia Tech despite getting limited opportunities he amassed for his career there

63.1% completion percentage
2894 passing yards
9.3 Y/A
22 TDs
7 INTs
159.8 QBR

Adding 1033 rushing yards with 15 TDs

He may not be our starter, but with him having so much P5 experience he's going to be in the mix I think.
I agree he will be in the mix, but I actually watched some of his games...He is not SR Dobbs. He is the aggravating inconsistent passer Dobbs of his first three years...that is not what makes Heupel's offense hum.

Sure..JH could squeeze production out of him, but he picked true freshman Gabriel over the more experienced, more mobile Mack for a reason.

Yeah I’m sure it will. Competition may help the price as well. I know Amazon is also launching a satellite internet company but they are further behind in the process I believe and they have plans for less satellites at this point.
Prices will start to come down when they don't have to spend millions of dollars to launch the satellites up as often. Once they get them all up there they can start lowering costs. Also getting the equipment manufacturing to scale will lower costs of that. May be a year or two but I bet it becomes competitive with ground internet pricing soon.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I know he's no longer here and isn't the most mobile, but I sort of wish JT Shrout had an opportunity in this offense and with this coaching staff.

I think out of all of the QBs last year he had the "highest highs" and flashed the most arm talent/strength, especially on deep balls, which we will see a lot of in this O. Plus maybe Heupel/Halzle/Golesh could've helped him develop more of a touch on short passes instead of throwing 95 mph fastballs to the check down.

Basilio bringing the fire today. He really likes the offensive staff that has been assembled. Seem very organized and professional. Could work out well for us.

On the other hand, he thinks the Martinez hire is terrible. He’s not liked by coaches in the state, doesn’t develop his players (see Justin Coleman and Emmanuel Moseley), and looks like a lazy hire by DW. Coleman and Moseley should have been stars here but went undrafted and didn’t shine until the NFL.

Yup. Chart I just linked in my previous post had an interference from a snow storm. Download speed dropped from 104 to what looks like around 25. I had Dish in the past and used to get pissed when the TV went out due to storms. Starlink will have similar issues. It’s still going to be a game changer for people in rural areas who can’t get good internet though.
Fed Govt is throwing billions, literally at ISP's for rural broadband buildout. Fiber is and will be the future. 5G, Muni buildout, Spectrum Comcast will blanket the Country.

Hughes Net and the ilk will forever be trash.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I agree he will be in the mix, but I actually watched some of his games...He is not SR Dobbs. He is the aggravating inconsistent passer Dobbs of his first three years...that is not what makes Heupel's offense hum.

Sure..JH could squeeze production out of him, but he picked true freshman Gabriel over the more experienced, more mobile Mack for a reason.

I'm going into it with an open mind, think all of the QBs will have the opportunity to win the job. I'd rate Bailey as my early favorite because I think he's the most accurate, Salter could push him though. I think Hooker's accuracy may improve in Heupel's system though and since he's got a few years in a P5 weight room under his belt I think it's hard to ignore him as an option.

End of the day we'll have a legit competition and it should be fun.

Basilio bringing the fire today. He really likes the offensive staff that has been assembled. Seem very organized and professional. Could work out well for us.

On the other hand, he thinks the Martinez hire is terrible. He’s not liked by coaches in the state, doesn’t develop his players (see Justin Coleman and Emmanuel Moseley), and looks like a lazy hire by DW. Coleman and Moseley should have been stars here but went undrafted and didn’t shine until the NFL.
Both were ok players here though. Haven’t had that at corner other than Bryce

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back