Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born and raised in Chattanooga. Lived with my mom the last year of high school and right before I enlisted in the AF. If you’re talking open land, that huge area to the east of Muddy Pond (Martha Washington) is relatively untapped...or at least it was 5 years ago.

Calm down with the doxxing bro.

I've lived in a few different spots, was even in Chattanooga for a year off Mountain Creek Road. Some great grub spots down there.

Nice, just saw a 50+ with an old barn and new one in construction for sale near Whites Creek lol

The area between Clarkrange and Monterey near Muddy Ponds would be a good spot to look. Off highway 62 but close to I-40, feel like you're in the middle of nowhere for a good stretch of that drive but can be on I-40 in a few minutes.
How does it lay? Asking price?

Kiffin made Crompton serviceable. Good coaches can do that. While the idea of JG being here another season is horrifying to me, I do have the slightest curiosity about what Heup could have pulled out of him. Most likely he would be one more head coach with crushed hopes and dreams, but still, I wonder.

He’s fired enough UT coaches

Will be praying. My 19 month grandson is in the ER right now. Been running 102 temp since Sunday and has a scabby rash on his face. They are saying is a staff infection. Tough when the little ones are sick.
Update on my grandson. He tested positive for the herpes1 virus, that causes the typical cold sores. His temp got up to 103 overnight. His little face is covered with sores and scabs. They have him on IV treatments and he will likely be in the hospital for a few days. He has a 1 month old brother and they are worried about his exposure. Appreciate the continued prayers VN. Really tough on my son and DIL.

Another point about molten salt reactors is that extra heat held in the salt enables you to run super critical co2 turbines rather than conventional, a much more efficient way to produce electricity. It could also desalinate sea water at say coastal african nations, pipe to interior to grow crops etc.

If designed right, the inner reactor chamber gets hot enough to expand a little, slowing down reaction, contracts, starts again. Self regulating way to prevent meltdown if salt flow stopped cooling it. With secondary dump chamber underneath as backup. These are no bigger than a tractor trailer in principle
The difference in efficiency and manageability between these designs and the old giant things we built all over in the past is astounding.

How long does it take a egg plant to produce. I planted eight back in the summer and not one egg yet. Built them a coop and everything, still nothing. I'm getting tired of bacon and plant for breakfast.
Do you have a male and a female close to each other?

Update on my grandson. He tested positive for the herpes1 virus, that causes the typical cold sores. His temp got up to 103 overnight. His little face is covered with sores and scabs. They have him on IV treatments and he will likely be in the hospital for a few days. He has a 1 month old brother and they are worried about his exposure. Appreciate the continued prayers VN. Really tough on my son and DIL.
🙏🙏

Based on his experience gained at Virginia Tech and how he would fit in Heupel’s offense I believe he would be the favorite IMO. Bailey looked like a quality SEC Qb sometimes but looked like JG at other times. The book is open on Salter but I do not believe he will be ready as a freshman. It wouldn’t bother me at all if Salter or Bailey surprise. Hopefully will know more after spring practice.
I’m still wagering $50 that Hooker isn’t the starter. I will wager another $50 that Bailey will be.

I think Hooker could provide nice depth for us. There is some question about an episode he had this season.

He couldn’t return to a game because he was “cold”. I’m not making light of this but it could have been an anxiety attack.

Hokies move forward after odd episode involving Hendon Hooker as Fuente evaluates QBs ahead of U.Va. game
Damn this is scary.

I’d like to believe the previous staff did their due diligence on all this and found it to be a non-issue, but, you know . . .

Reactions: UTJoe
Yall are really sleeping on Maurer in the qb battle. Heupel pushed hard for Maurer to come to UCF when he was hired on there
He also recruited Hooker when he was OC at Mizzou. Golesh mentioned Hookers name multiple times yesterday. I wouldn’t count him out either.

Yall are really sleeping on Maurer in the qb battle. Heupel pushed hard for Maurer to come to UCF when he was hired on there
We have an embarrassment of riches on the qb front. That might not be true in a pro set, but this offense runs on a principle that avoids traditional checkdowns. The qb typically knows the easy throw pre-snap, and does a brief check (up) to a higher risk option. The short middle throws get lbs and safeties out of position easily. When that happens a big run lane or long throw comes open. Safeties mentally fatigue on this offense quickly. The pace and quick throws bait them and they get burned. It’s going to be fun to watch no matter which qb starts.

Born and raised in Chattanooga. Lived with my mom the last year of high school and right before I enlisted in the AF. If you’re talking open land, that huge area to the east of Muddy Pond (Martha Washington) is relatively untapped...or at least it was 5 years ago.
I was born and raised in Cleveland and I too joined the best armed forces

Reactions: butchna
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back