Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the others that have been on Barnes roster a few years they’re ripped, bulky and poor ole Fulky still looks like a stick out there 🤷‍♂️

I wish I had recorded all of his stories, he lived to be 97. Had a pet bobcat while at Fort Bayard in New Mexico. One day he was on the parade grounds with the bobcat and Pershing’s hounds attacked the cat. The bobcat cut both of the them up, the duty Sgt. was going to shoot the cat, Pershing came out and told the Sgt. to leave the cat the hell alone, said the dogs got what they derserved.
Man I love that story! Darn stupid dogs tried to bite off more than they could chew. But Pershing, they don't make em like that anymore.

My only complaint with Fukerson is I wish he'd come over to my house twice a week for biscuit and gravy.

I wonder if he bulked up would that slow down his slashing type plays. I love how he’s played tonight. We really don’t need him to score with his back to the basket with the new dribble drive offense we are showing now

Not having a backup heat source and generator at your house are also choices. I'm not absolving Texas of responsibility, I just the we, as Americans, are spoiled and expect everything to work smoothly all the time and when it doesn't we have a tendency to be indignant about it.
What are the thousands and thousands of people in apartments supposed to do? How many renters have generators? I get what yer saying but Texas power comes from many private companies, and after this happened in 2011 they were told to, and said they would, invest in making the changes that would prevent this. They didn't. We don't have water because the water treatment plant lost power because the power companies didn't do what they said they would. Having a generator is a good idea but on this scale there are more systemic issues. Even if everyone who could have generators did, most gas stations in my area are down to premium only and will likely run out. At least the ones that are open. There's also no propane or firewood or bottled water in the area. I went in a store today that had standing water from a frozen pipe that burst. It's one of hundreds of such businesses and homes just in Austin. My friends apartment is flooded because his upstairs neighbors pipe busted. Lots of apartment complexes are having pipes burst here. I'm one of the extremely lucky ones who has only lost water. Should I plan better for this, absolutely. Should I be able to expect the power companies to do what needed to be done and what they said they'd do after last time something like this happened? I would think since I pay them for this service that would be a fair expectation.

Last edited:
Our 11-month-old son started running a fever this afternoon and is in the ER now with a 103.1 temperature. Some of you may recall me asking for prayers for my niece late last year due to MIS-C, a secondary condition to COVID-19. We are almost positive he was infected with COVID-19 a few weeks back. There was an outbreak at his school, and my wife and I contracted it. I know we have prayer warriors here and I would appreciate them at this time.

View attachment 352417
giphy.gif

What are the thousands and thousands of people in apartments supposed to do? How many renters have generators? I get what yer saying but Texas power comes from many private companies, and after this happened in 2011 they were told to, and said they would, invest in making the changes that would prevent this. They didn't. We don't have water because the water treatment plant lost power because the power companies didn't do what they said they would. Having a generator is a good idea but on this scale there are more systemic issues. Even if everyone who could have generators did, most gas stations in my area are down to premium only and will likely run out. At least the ones that are open. I went in a store today that had standing water from a frozen pipe that burst. It's one of hundreds of such businesses and homes just in Austin. My friends apartment is flooded because his upstairs neighbors pipe busted. Lots of apartment complexes are having pipes burst here. I'm one of the extremely lucky ones who has only lost water. Should I plan better for this, absolutely. Should I be able to expect the power companies to do what needed to be done and what they said they'd do after last time something like this happened? I would think since I pay them for this service that would be a fair expectation.

Preach brother.

Some posters here act like it’s the people of Texas’s fault. It’s not. The basic essentials that our state government bragged about failed us miserably because of blatant negligence by our elected officials. Hope we clean house next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back