Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you take the pic down? I think I was the only one that knew what that was about...lol. I think about that everytime I pass that place..😁
Well, I don’t want to stir up a bunch of crap, but with the social, political and health crap that we’ve been mired in over the past year, I switched my picture and tag line to something that I felt made a statement without being too confrontational to any one person or group of people. I may switch it back one day.

Of course, the opposite would have been to change my tag line to one of Chuckie’s lines from the call: “If you think you wanna come up here and start some sh!t then come on”

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You serious, Clark? Tennessee hasn't gone 9-3 or better since 2007. If he has the best record here in year 1 than we've had in 14 years, I don't and would hope Danny White wouldn't care what fans think. That man has earned himself a long stay. Only way we get rid of him in the next 5-6 years is if we have another 3-4 win season. IMO

We do this every year. We inflate our own talent and undervalue the coaching and talent at other schools.

“We’re gonna win 8 or 9 games minimum.”

Then we go out and win 5. It’s a homer pipe dream. We have a long way to go. If we win 6 we should consider it a real success.

I mean dudes were complaining because he was overthrowing receivers and then saying he doesn’t have the arm strength.....

Truth is he was just inexperienced and the staff hadn’t even been getting him ready to play until past halfway through the season. (Pruitt literally said they didn’t have time to train up the QBs but the Number 1 and Number 2- lol I can’t even believe that was an acceptable answer at the time)

Which btw is completely unacceptable.
It is like these dudes purposefully leave out important context when evaluating his performance. I don't understand it. Like the mechanics argument is ridiculous when you watch plays from one game and see him do three different things like you were pointing out depending on the play, and the arm strength thing is ridiculous also. You know who else doesn't have the greatest arm?...Peyton F'n Manning...

HB has everything he needs to be great in Heupel’s offense.

It is like these dudes purposefully leave out important context when evaluating his performance. I don't understand it. Like the mechanics argument is ridiculous when you watch plays from one game and see him do three different things like you were pointing out depending on the play, and the arm strength thing is ridiculous also. You know who else doesn't have the greatest arm?...Peyton F'n Manning...

HB has everything he needs to be great in Heupel’s offense.
Neither does Tom Brady...... him and Peyton threw about the same distance.

Every coaching staff says it will build its offense around the roster. Every one.

The fact of the matter is Golesh said verbatim today that they prefer a running QB. So I would bet on Hooker or Salter being Day 1 starter.

Bailey, in his short time playing, also didn't seem to have the arm strength necessary to run an offense like this.

I'm not ruling him out, but like I said, I don't think he's the favorite.
He didn’t say that AT ALL...much less “verbatim”. He said it was good to have that added dimension but recognition would determine the starter. He specifically mentioned Hooker and Salter but one could interpret that as not scaring them off before the competition even begins. “Facts” get real gummy after your paws tire of them.

I can’t even remember what it was about anymore lol. Was it about someone starting or us getting a recruit? 😂

Oh god! 😂😂 please tell me you’re not talking about that damn $100 bet Bruin made that we had to hear about for freaking 2 weeks! Long story short Bruin came out looking like a whole ass and admitted he Was wrong! By far one of the most historic events on volnation

Oh god! 😂😂 please tell me you’re not talking about that damn $100 bet Bruin made that we had to hear about for freaking 2 weeks! Long story short Bruin came out looking like a whole ass and admitted he Was wrong! By far one of the most historic events on volnation
No lol no not that one. Some other person. Said they would post a picture of them licking a dog turd over something lol.... @butchna you remember this bet or what it was about?

Reactions: UTSuave’
Well, I don’t want to stir up a bunch of crap, but with the social, political and health crap that we’ve been mired in over the past year, I switched my picture and tag line to something that I felt made a statement without being too confrontational to any one person or group of people. I may switch it back one day.

Of course, the opposite would have been to change my tag line to one of Chuckie’s lines from the call: “If you think you wanna come up here and start some sh!t then come on”
😁 I'm going to have to go listen again..that was soooo funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back