Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how Bailey has gone from savior to slaw for some of you in 1 year.

I agree, so goofy.

Maybe I'm missing something on the Hooker will start convo. Why would he start? He could not hold onto the job at VA Tech. He pulled himself from one game because the temps were in the 30's and his health had been questionable from catching COVID earlier in the season. I'm glad he's here and hope he does well. Just don't get the hype without seeing him play a down for us yet. He was not a prolific passer there, but maybe it's in him to be one. But nobody knows, not even the coaches.

HB is not a statue like #2 was. Some of you are conveniently forgetting his mobility and scrambles for yards in his limited action. He has all of the throws and the poise.

Salter looks great - in HS. Again, has not played yet.

Mauer will give his all. If he doesn't go down with an injury on any given play. We have no idea if he has the skillset to run this O.

giphy.gif

I think the kid is gonna shock some folks how different he will look.

Plus, he will have spring and fall practice this year. I think that hurt him bad last year. And coaches, he should have coaches...

I agree, so goofy.

Maybe I'm missing something on the Hooker will start convo. Why would he start? He could not hold onto the job at VA Tech. He pulled himself from one game because the temps were in the 30's and his health had been questionable from catching COVID earlier in the season. I'm glad he's here and hope he does well. Just don't get the hype without seeing him play a down for us yet. He was not a prolific passer there, but maybe it's in him to be one. But nobody knows, not even the coaches.

HB is not a statue like #2 was. Some of you are conveniently forgetting his mobility and scrambles for yards in his limited action. He has all of the throws and the poise.

Salter looks great - in HS. Again, has not played yet.

Mauer will give his all. If he doesn't go down with an injury on any given play. We have no idea if he has the skillset to run this O.
People are assuming this offense is designed for dual threat qb. It's not. A dual threat can work but an accurate passer is more important. Frosts offense was more designed for dual threat.

Offense will be designed around the strengths of the roster, I don’t think that’s a problem.

This spring will be critical in their development.
Every coaching staff says it will build its offense around the roster. Every one.

The fact of the matter is Golesh said verbatim today that they prefer a running QB. So I would bet on Hooker or Salter being Day 1 starter.

Bailey, in his short time playing, also didn't seem to have the arm strength necessary to run an offense like this.

I'm not ruling him out, but like I said, I don't think he's the favorite.

The two Flair Steamboat matches are in top 10 all time. Flair Harely Race in early 80s is still the gold standard. Dudes went an hour in all of those.
Flair would go an hour every night about 300 nights a year when he was the champion. He'd go around to every venue in every territory in the NWA circuit, make the hometown babyface look like a superhero for 59 minutes, then by hook or by crook get disqualified, counted out, or cheat to a win in the last minute. Then he'd go to the local hotel bar, drink 12-15 Kamikazes, pick up a groupie to spend the night with, and be on to the next town the next day. The man is a freak of nature.

Offense will be designed around the strengths of the roster, I don’t think that’s a problem.

This spring will be critical in their development.
I know the staff is really promoting this but the offense is what it is. At some point players are going to fit it or not. You can't tailor an offense to fit every single player on the roster. I have no idea who will or won't but there will be plenty of both.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Jordan averaged 1.7 3 point attempts a game. That does not seem like very many to me. James averages 4.4 and Curry averages 8.3.
They game has definitely shifted in how its played today. While taking less attempts than some of the guards in today's game, he still had several years where he averaged more than 3 per game taken. His numbers attempted are on par with Larry Bird, yet people remember Bird as a phenomenal 3 pt shooter.

Every coaching staff says it will build its offense around the roster. Every one.

The fact of the matter is Golesh said verbatim today that they prefer a running QB. So I would bet on Hooker or Salter being Day 1 starter.

Bailey, in his short time playing, also didn't seem to have the arm strength necessary to run an offense like this.

Shrout should have stuck around.

Don’t blame Bailey for his crack pot coach. He may not be a runner but he’s got plenty of arm strength. Just because he can’t throw it into the next county doesent mean he lacks arm strength

So we're not recruiting any RBs from other states?
I'm sure we are but if we can get one and stop a mass exodus of players to other P5 schools, it would benefit us greatly later. If GA and OSU want them and they are both top 250 prospects, I see no reason for TN to look outside State unless they aren't interested.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back