Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s so good why is he just an analyst currently? After failing at UT he failed at Miss state as a DC, ended up the Safeties coach at Michigan for a year before losing that job and now an analyst at Miami. If we can’t do better than that we’re in serious trouble.
He has a lot in buyout money. Defensive staff was let go at Michigan but the defense hasn’t been the issue. The offense was terrible but that is harbaugh side. And he was up for the Broyles award his first year for having such a great defense at MSU. The whole staff was fired the second year as Moorhead wasn’t a fit. I wouldn’t say he failed.

Reactions: barrylee
If you take off the orange glasses, you can’t honestly say there’s any reason to be more optimistic right now than when we hired Dooley, butch, or Pruitt. I really hope CJH proves me wrong and I’ll absolutely be pulling for him, but trying to focus on the positives of the current hire and staff is just deja vu from when I did the same thing after the previous three hires.

Reactions: willinhf
He has a lot in buyout money. Defensive staff was let go at Michigan but the defense hasn’t been the issue. The offense was terrible but that is harbaugh side. And he was up for the Broyles award his first year for having such a great defense at MSU. The whole staff was fired the second year as Moorhead wasn’t a fit. I wouldn’t say he failed.

Their defense was poop this year

If White is targeting a minority hire for the DC position then I have some questions to those on here that are opposed to this approach.

Do you think it's unfair?
If you do think it's unfair, would you be questioning why haven't we been talking to any minority candidates if all the coaches we have talked to had been white?

When you think minority hire do you think of someone who doesn't deserve the position they just acquired?

Lastly have any of the minority candidates that we've allegedly talked to not been qualified?
I believe using race, be it white, black, or Martian, as your first, most important qualifier is wrong. Skin color has nothing to do with being qualified. If we ignore a highly qualified black candidate to focus on white candidates, I'd be pissed. So yes, using skin color, any skin color, as a qualifier is unfair IMO.

I have just received "INSIDE" information from my source and this is very important.....I'm serious here. UT will hire a DC. The time and date of the announcement has yet to be determined but we will have a DC in the future !!!! So everyone can finally take a deep breath and relax. I'm going back to the corner with my coloring books and Crayons now and hopefully get back to some semblance of normal for a change. SKITTLES ANYONE ? They've been giving me extra for some reason.
Do the amount of skittles happen to coincide with minutes logged on VN? Asking for a friend.

I’m good with it. Kicking’s mostly mental and that last season was a trial.
I would be better with it if he hadn’t already been a very good kicker for us. He was screwed out first team ALL-SEC because everyone was in love with HotRod’s socially awkward ass at UGA.

I would.

Reactions: MarcoVol
I know Willie Martinez has his flaws and perhaps it’s been posted, but he may have two guys he coached go in the top 50 of the NFL draft this year (Richie Grant and Aaron Robinson).

Tennessee has only had two defensive backs drafted since Eric Berry, both going 85th and 94th (Sutton and Gaulden) - do you know who recruited and developed those two guys? Willie Martinez.

I’m good with him being our secondary coach.

Nope. Not now, not ever.

In this last season UCF gave up 299+ yards per game in pass defense at 14+ yards per completion. They were #121 in the nation. Not much of that can be blamed on a lack of pass rush and front 6 play because they were #38 in sacks at 2.6 per game and #28 at team tackles for loss. They were tied for #89 in red zone D and #92 in scoring D at 33+ PPG.

Willie Martinez doing his thing as the weakest of links on the D at UCF while being the Assistant HC and Secondary Coach despite having Grant and Robinson as you state. There are good reasons he was let go at UGA and UT. Hard pass.

What's wrong with what I posted? Is it not true that they are going out of their way to hire a person of color? Have we not been turned down by a baker's dozen of African Americans? Is it not a valid question to ask that when we can't get an African American to take it that we just go find the right person for the job regardless of skin color?

My statement wasn't racist in the least bit.
I never said it was racist. I just think it is not accurate. I should not have said anything. I will drop it. Apologize if I offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back