Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going beyond ridiculous for a defensive coordinator. Just take the L and move on with some dignity to the next candidate, or just give the job to Steele. Stupid Danny White AD era can't end soon enough imo.

Our culture is toxic..... he is working to change that......once he does.... I don’t think he will have this problem again.

I agree.

And for all the talk about the reason we hired AD White was his ability to hire coaches ... well ... I get that, but I believe he was hired to help minimize the pending NCAA stuff as much as anything. Just my opinion.

Cmon, you have to admit that you were reading into it by stating it was a diversity hire. If you don't care, why did you even say it in the first place? Is there another candidate that you think should have received the job, but didn't due to being white?

Like I have said-- more than once-- I do not care who they hire, what they look like or where they are from, as long as they are the right fit for this staff.

Simple sentence, completely monosyllabic. Impossible to misinterpret, yet you'll continue to spin doctor it to fit your agenda.

It's not okay for an AD to keep whiffing on his hires, never getting one of his top choices. No matter what condition we're in, that's not called success. DW is getting paid a lot of money to hire his third, fourth, or fifth choices. The whole point of bringing him in, in paying him more than most other ADs, was his supposed ability to "get his guy". That's not to say things won't still work out. But he hasn't landed "his guy" on multiple tries.

If his 4th or 5th choice is better than Fulmers 1st choice then we are still doing better.

Fulmer would have absolutely named Steele the head coach. I have no doubt in my mind about that. Now we aren't even giving him a sniff as DC.

We've moved into a new arena and a lot of these coaches don't know whether we're a good choice or not. We just gotta hope somebody gives us a shot and go from there. Quit worrying about optics. Just build us a winner in the long run.

At this point it’s not about money. Final money offers are in on both sides. OSU pulling at the heart strings if they have players pushing on him then they really don’t want to lose him. Per Biddle on 247 OSU site. He felt good about AW staying as of last night before TN came in with 1.5M which is more than their DC makes. So he doesn’t see anyway OSU would pay that and it’s waiting on final decision.

Perhaps he would feel better if some of those OSU players followed him to Tennessee.

This is going beyond ridiculous for a defensive coordinator. Just take the L and move on with some dignity to the next candidate, or just give the job to Steele. Stupid Danny White AD era can't end soon enough imo.
You are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem. Stop being part of the problem.

giphy.gif

Dude was as dominant DL as the college game has ever seen, and y'all want to come in here with those lame jokes. take a hike and clear your mind dude.
And as awesome as he was, he’s never been in the news for anything good since he left UT. All the headlines surrounding him make his life sound like a reality show. The most recent stunt making this all about race was ridiculous .

Our culture is toxic..... he is working to change that......once he does.... I don’t think he will have this problem again.
Are you assuming that this is a product of his capabilities, or could this be the state of the program? I wonder if there is another AD that could have done any better? At this time, I tend to believe there is not. As someone stated above, the state of our program in three years will be his measuring stick.

We'll see, but I stick by my assertion a good AD has to be able to sell the program. JH may turn out to be dynamite, but that doesn't change that DW had at least two other guys turn him down before settling on JH. Now we're seeing a repeat searching for a DC. Yes, a huge part of that is the current state of our program. Not denying that in the least. But some keep making excuses for DW like he hasn't failed to secure his first choices. He has. That's fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back