Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the players on defense coach themselves!

What could go wrong?

iu

Basilio just said the same and added he was offered $1.2mil and turned it down because Day convinced him it’s too much of a dumpster fire. He also said that’s 9 people that have turned it down.

More than double his salary in a no income tax state. Just running quick numbers, his current salary would save roughly $20k in taxes in TN. He better have his tape recorder out while Day assures him to stay.

Bro, this is a Bruin kinda take, IMO. If someone is interested in you and you let your current employer know, and if they pay you more so you'll stay you are dishonest?

That scenario doesn't offend me in the slightest. Intentionally engaging in negotiations without any real interest, solely to raise your pay, is dishonest.

It's only interesting if you know nothing about him. Have you seen ASU's facilities? Being an alum, I have. There are at 2 or 3 P5's in the SEC alone who wish they had them. Mojahir knows how to get the money and build the facilities. His programs have won 25 conference titles in 8 years - 4 in football. Their average football attendance in low populated NE Arkansas is 44,000+ per game. He worked at FAU before, so he knows FL. That's a home run hire for UCF.
In 2012, AState’s home attendance averaged 26,398. That is the best average attendance in school history. Not attacking you, just not sure where 44,000 plus came from. My number came from AState football website. I have attended many games over the last 10 years. Their crowds are better than most SunBelt teams, but attendance has been declining over the last few years not counting 2020. The five years prior to 2020 average attendance was between 21-23,000.
Not being disrespectful, but for the last 3 years, it is hard to give away tickets.

It's really weird just how many insults/jokes I've seen thrown at this. There is a lot of fragile masculinity in the air.
Ribbing on your buddies is a large part of masculine culture. It’s how you know your are in the club. The jokes are a sign of her acceptance into a largely masculine world of football. Not an attempt to exclude her. It’s social psychology. She’s doing just fine. Better than fine actually. If she were bad at her job the jokes would be awful and likely cross the line. It’s far from fragile masculinity. Fragile masculinity would be like attacking Mullen’s wife for kissing players because we hate Mullen because he turned us down and kicks our ass on the field.

Steele has been persona non grata for weeks. Still working but safe to say, that relationship has taken a hit. He was passed over and kept out of the loop while they kicked tire after tire after tire. Sure, he's under contract, but how motivated is he? They didn't want him and can't pretend otherwise.

It is a sad thing that being a decent honest human being is a joke to a lot of people.
@SSVol

This is the last im saying about it...

I dont see it as indecent, dishonest...thats just a terrible take.

I don't see it as "using someone else". I see it as using ONE'S SELF...one's skills...one's position, to better that ONE'S lot in life.

Reactions: barrylee
Steele has been persona non grata for weeks. Still working but safe to say, that relationship has taken a hit. He was passed over and kept out of the loop while they kicked tire after tire after tire. Sure, he's under contract, but how motivated is he? They didn't want him and can't pretend otherwise.

JH is a scared fool if he doesn’t want Steele

Well, regardless of what we can offer, it's not cheap when you are offering someone with no prior experience and what would be about 140% increase in his current pay.

Someone’s worth is relative to how badly they are needed.
If the DC pool of experienced guys is empty it doesn’t matter what he’s “worth” to others it’s what he’s “worth” to us

Honestly, I'm guessing this ship is halfway across the ocean at this point. You think he Steele is interested?

Well, LA Vol just answered this for us. :(

Reactions: Deebowbear
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back