Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Callahan
@SLICKYINC - this post?

I have no doubt that Pruitt's staff didn't plan to sign him. But did they tell him that? Did Tee tell him that? I'm not absolving the mistakes of Pruitt and his staff. That doesn't mean JH didn't also mishandle it. I'm willing to bet, if actually confronted about it, even JH would say he regrets the timing, that he wishes he had said something sooner. Roc got lost in the shuffle. It's unfortunate, and it's still a mistake. Even if it's understandable, it's a mistake. Not a mistake to cut him if he doesn't fit, but a mistake that it wasn't done earlier. Earlier, I think I called it a stupid mistake. I retract that. It wasn't a stupid mistake, it was an unfortunate mistake that it wasn't handled sooner.

@SLICKYINC - this post?

I have no doubt that Pruitt's staff didn't plan to sign him. But did they tell him that? Did Tee tell him that? I'm not absolving the mistakes of Pruitt and his staff. That doesn't mean JH didn't also mishandle it. I'm willing to bet, if actually confronted about it, even JH would say he regrets the timing, that he wishes he had said something sooner. Roc got lost in the shuffle. It's unfortunate, and it's still a mistake. Even if it's understandable, it's a mistake. Not a mistake to cut him if he doesn't fit, but a mistake that it wasn't done earlier. Earlier, I think I called it a stupid mistake. I retract that. It wasn't a stupid mistake, it was an unfortunate mistake that it wasn't handled sooner.
When a kid doesn’t sign early they were either told to hold off or had other options they were kicking around. I’m gonna say he knew and the previous staff told him. I’m also thinking the kid was forcing JH hand in this situation.

@SLICKYINC - this post?

Dang...you really are a good feller 👍 That sounds reasonable.

Reactions: SmokinBob
@SLICKYINC - this post?

Basically no one knows so why even think/worry about.... I’m pretty sure the kid knew he didn’t have a spot.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I have a request from Volnation. A plea really. My youngest Granddaughter, just over a month old, has been diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect (Tetralogy of Fallot) and will have open heart surgery this week. Any prayers that you could send (or positive thoughts if you don't believe in prayer) would be greatly appreciated. Just know, I wouldn't ask anything for myself, ever. But, I'll ask anything of anyone for one of my family. Thank you in advance.
Prayers for this sweet baby and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back