Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting is all about relationships. We all know this. People keep saying this will be forgotten in a few days. It will be by UT fans. Recruits, high school coaches, and coaches recruiting against us won't forget. People can blast me and call me "negative" to their heart's content, but they're ignoring the reality of the situation. We just took an unnecessary black eye. And while we may soon forget it, it won't be forgotten by those that can and will use it against us.

I'm not calling this out to be "negative". We don't need to be making dumb mistakes. If we ever hope to be relevant again, JH is going to have to outthink and outwork other SEC coaches. And that should be our goal. He stumbled on this one. I get he's cleaning up a monster mess, but we have to do better to get better.

Well if we are going the perfectionist route the football program has made 1 million for a decade plus. I’d say this dude is just trying to get his name out there so it can be talk radio fodder. Which it is. Wonders of social media. I’m sure someone in the football brain trust can give him a call to sooth his hurt bum.

So you played at McKenzie then?

WHO ARE YOU?!?!

View attachment 347823
Yes I did lol and I’m on that sheet right there. Should probably pull previous game stats though 😂 (I didn’t allow any passing touchdowns that game) I’ll give you a hint, I’m on the current list you have but if you go to WRs I’m on that list and have a touchdown as well 😂

I was a player to watch for that game too..... they kept going to the other side of the field though....

Recruiting is all about relationships. We all know this. People keep saying this will be forgotten in a few days. It will be by UT fans. Recruits, high school coaches, and coaches recruiting against us won't forget. People can blast me and call me "negative" to their heart's content, but they're ignoring the reality of the situation. We just took an unnecessary black eye. And while we may soon forget it, it won't be forgotten by those that can and will use it against us.

I'm not calling this out to be "negative". We don't need to be making dumb mistakes. If we ever hope to be relevant again, JH is going to have to outthink and outwork other SEC coaches. And that should be our goal. He stumbled on this one. I get he's cleaning up a monster mess, but we have to do better to get better.

The guy up in arms isn't related to Roc and isn't the HC at the school where Roc goes. You took his tweet as 100% fact though, we don't know what Heupel's conversation with Roc or his coach was, or even when they had it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Hate it for Roc, but like all the recruits say it's a "business decision." I wish Roc luck, but I do not care what some pro-Pruitt handler thinks of Tennessee.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Always has been, but unfortunately he's not wrong that the coach probably doesn't let UT back in there, at least not for a long time. High school coaches are vindictive. We learned that with some of our past coaches. JH made a big mistake with how he handled this one. I get people are trying to be positive about this hire, but in this situation, reality is that JH handled it poorly if he just pulled that offer today. If he had pulled it last week, we could spin the new staff angle, but the day before NSD? It's a very bad look for a staff that can't afford bad looks atm. Our program is in a bad spot, and this staff needs to avoid making these kind of stupid, silly mistakes if they hope to rebuild us to respectability. That's reality, Bass. We can huff up and pretend it's no big deal, but we can't afford to be burning any recruiting bridges right now.
Dang Weez..you going off the deep end about this..."stupid and silly mistakes"....really?..come on man.

It seems to me like you are jumping all over this just because you are pissed we hired Heupel...all you have done all week is bitched about it.

Coach didn't "stumble". Some of you people need to get a grip. If this kid was a take he would have signed on ESD. Dealt with a number of these so-called handlers. Most of them are scum sucking bottom feeding leaches. They insert themselves and pass themselves off as "father figures" and seldom do anything but use kids to promote themselves. They frequently tell kids not to listen to their coaches. Some of them try to open these "sports academies" and put drills on You Tube that makes them look like they actually know something. I've seen too many good kids ruined by their bad advice over the years. Screw this guy.

The offer was pulled a long time ago by the previous staff.
Only it wasn't. Yes, Pruitt was planning to git shirt him, but obviously hadn't done so yet. I imagine JH could have watched 15 minutes of Roc's highlights and decided he wasn't a fit. If he had done that a week ago, I think the story is a lot different. The story isn't the pulling of a scholarship offer. The story is the timing of pulling that offer. I really don't think most of you understand that. You've gone all defensive, just like we, as a fanbase, have done over all our past coaches when they made mistakes. For whatever reason, it's only when we're about to fire a coach that we go all in on calling out their mistakes. Otherwise we defend them with our dying breath. Not sure I can do that anymore.

Reactions: sneakergawd
He should have scouted him first thing with NSD rapidly approaching. JH screwed this one up. You don't pull a scholarship offer the day before NSD. It's just a really bad thing to do to a kid, and it makes us look bad in a time we really don't need to look bad.
SMH..

Only it wasn't. Yes, Pruitt was planning to git shirt him, but obviously hadn't done so yet. I imagine JH could have watched 15 minutes of Roc's highlights and decided he wasn't a fit. If he had done that a week ago, I think the story is a lot different. The story isn't the pulling of a scholarship offer. The story is the timing of pulling that offer. I really don't think most of you understand that. You've gone all defensive, just like we, as a fanbase, have done over all our past coaches when they made mistakes. For whatever reason, it's only when we're about to fire a coach that we go all in on calling out their mistakes. Otherwise we defend them with our dying breath. Not sure I can do that anymore.

Kids also choose different schools on signing day when they had been committed somewhere else for months. It goes both ways, but that side never gets discussed.

Yes I did lol and I’m on that sheet right there. Should probably pull previous game stats though 😂 (I didn’t allow any passing touchdowns that game) I’ll give you a hint, I’m on the current list you have but if you go to WRs I’m on that list and have a touchdown as well 😂

I was a player to watch for that game too..... they kept going to the other side of the field though....

Well that narrowed it down to one of 2 guys then, pretty cool.

My HS lost to South Pittsburgh in the 1999 season, @scienceteaching_vol played on the squad and was a beast too. The following season the school went undefeated and lost in the first round :(

I remember the HS going collectively to watch Remember the Titans that season as inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back