Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a dodge. Wilkes as DC, and he's bringing Paul Bain as the new DL coach. We'll be unstoppable.
Best part about Paul Bain is that he actually did contribute after his legend had already been created on VN. I remember he at least blocked 1 kick. He also worked at Just For Feet or Foot Locker, while going to school and playing football...because, you know, walk-ons don’t get McDonald’s bags.

The best posts to likes ratio has to go to AV.

Ratio ... yes, by a long shot.
AV - Messages 1,409 Likes 53,877

But actual likes:
RS - Messages 35,409 Likes 138,648

If anyone has more likes than that, I haven't noticed.

Honestly, both guys:

source.gif

It's not a mystery..Ron used to always be the first one to bring over info and news from TOS and other sources..hence the term "I got Swansoned"...so he would get tons of likes on those posts

Plus..and I do not mean this in a critical way..Ron is the very model of a sunshine pumper and that will always get you lots of likes. He is just an uber positive poster, you know the proverbial excrement has really splattered against the barrier when he goes negative.

I did not know that. Thanks for the insight.
By and large I agree with him, I just had never noticed anyone with 120,000+ likes.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
You sucka berry much ahso..

Seriously though, do you know too, or just messin?

Just messin.

I was watching some of his videos last night and I got to thinking, why not? This would be a kill shot. jmo

He's reputed to be a good recruiter and a top notch DC. His downfall as a HC was offense. Perfect compliment.

He was the DC of NC LSU. DC at the Dolphins. DC at Auburn X2 and Texas. Coached at UF and SC. Knows the state of GA. Knows the SEC inside and out.

Was a walk on at GA who was elected Team captain his senior year - the real Paul Bain.

I really like his last press conference at UF. I think he'd be pretty much a perfect hire if he could adjust to us having an offense that can outrun a Bugatti. jmo.

Just messin.

I was watching some of his videos last night and I got to thinking, why not? This would be a kill shot. jmo

He's reputed to be a good recruiter and a top notch DC. His downfall as a HC was offense. Perfect compliment.

He was the DC of NC LSU. DC at the Dolphins. DC at Auburn X2 and Texas. Coached at UF and SC. Knows the state of GA. Knows the SEC inside and out.

Was a walk on at GA who was elected Team captain his senior year - the real Paul Bain.

I really like his last press conference at UF. I think he'd be pretty much a perfect hire if he could adjust to us having an offense that can outrun a Bugatti. jmo.

USCe was 12/14 scoring defense in SEC in 2020.

10/14 in 2019.

11/14 in 2018.

6/14 in 2017.

8/14 in 2016.

He only had 1 good/decent defensive year and his defenses got worse the longer he was the coach.

Muschamp may be one of those dudes who figured out how to stop offenses in 2005 but has no clue how to stop today’s offenses in college football.

I hope not. Being passed over by Texas and LSU is a red flag to me. Especially Texas in that they had a tough time getting a named DC. Just not a fan of his Nonconventional scheme
Evidence that proves @drvenner point that no hire will be liked by everyone.

Good Morning, VN.

So would the safe bet be that we hear planned leaks about the DC/Staff after hours on signing day. Then we get some sort of press release the next day? Seems like the current trajectory.
Um, this is VN. We still have the same admin on the Hill. Absolutely nothing is a safe bet around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back