Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hire alone. He hired a coach that has overseen a significant decline of a program he took over that happens to be far easier than the SEC. 6-4 year 3 after taking over a 12-0. That is material and the data doesn’t look good. Sure, he has fun offense but clearly he isn’t outperforming his competition.
Yeah you probably should never use the word “data” again

Dickie V talked about this not being a normal Kansas team because of their NCAA issues. He didn't give much credit to UT at all. Kansas has always bought players and now they're about to pay the price for it. Dickie V can kiss my lily white a$$. He can't retire quick enough for me. He has always carried the jock strap for the blue blood programs.
I loved him thirty years ago but would almost rather listen to the Spanish broadcast of the game than hear him ramble on for two hours about nothing

There is a stock thread in the Pub that I suggest you check out. A lot of knowledgeable posters who don’t mind answering newb questions. I just started in the stock market last week. I’m already down $12. Lol
I will say this, as one who has been investing for over 45 years, winning some and losing some. I seriously expect a major market correction in the not too distant future, so I would be cautious putting too much in the market right now, and wait for a better opportunity. Just my opinion and that's my disclaimer. :)

Milligan College, er University fields a bball team. The CoJC has 'loaned' ETSU its Civic Coliseum, retroed with new sound system and blacked out for ETSU sports, its quite the setup. Let's you know who's running that show.

Frustratingly App State who used to be in SoCon built their own on campus facility. We're stuck with our sideways tin can.

Anyway. Milligan, Maryville College etc play NAIA. They can get some decent players every now and again.

I did a comparative analysis once. If you took enrollments from WW, Montreat, BC, UNCA, WCU and combined them...total enrollment is still < ETSU. Kinda tells me where sports rank to them
Maryville college is NCAA division 3

You are hilarious. So how do you improve on 12-0? So by all means please list the coaches from big time programs that were wanting to come here? On and please list the proof.

And after you fail miserably at this, please just shut up. You have proven a ourself a horrible troll who tries to parlay your pretend wealth and insider scoop into message board validity.
You don’t have to improve but 6-4 is a major decline from 12-0. I have never said anything about my wealth nor will I. If you are envious of other peoples positions in life then work harder and make better career decisions.

It seems like every where he has been the offense comes firing right out of the box...... we absolutely annihilate bowling green, Tennessee tech, and south Alabama..... look at the difference he made in Missouri in one year.... plus he seems to have evolved as well.... of course we may get annihilated a few times as well such as Alabama and possibly Georgia..... we will have to see how it goes.
Even if it isn't passed I'm sure they are telling them they can get the transfer approved. With all the rumors floating around about the program I'm sure a competent lawyer could apply the pressure needed.

Yep
Only hire accepted on these grounds would be dabo, ryan or saban......

Why the hell didn’t you pony up and get one of these guys then since your a big time booster for UT who people listen too and want to be
Never claimed to be a booster. Have I donated to UT? Yes, enough to even be remotely influential? No. And acceptable hire on my grounds would have been a proven great coach like Hugh Freeze.

Milligan College, er University fields a bball team. The CoJC has 'loaned' ETSU its Civic Coliseum, retroed with new sound system and blacked out for ETSU sports, its quite the setup. Let's you know who's running that show.

Frustratingly App State who used to be in SoCon built their own on campus facility. We're stuck with our sideways tin can.

Anyway. Milligan, Maryville College etc play NAIA. They can get some decent players every now and again.

I did a comparative analysis once. If you took enrollments from WW, Montreat, BC, UNCA, WCU and combined them...total enrollment is still < ETSU. Kinda tells me where sports rank to them

Maryville college is D3

Former Vol David Martin is an assistant there and John Chavis was just passed over for head job as he wanted it

I will say this, as one who has been investing for over 45 years, winning some and losing some. I seriously expect a major market correction in the not too distant future, so I would be cautious putting too much in the market right now, and wait for a better opportunity. Just my opinion and that's my disclaimer. :)
Why do you expect it?

Never claimed to be a booster. Have I donated to UT? Yes, enough to even be remotely influential? No. And acceptable hire on my grounds would have been a proven great coach like Hugh Freeze.
If you don’t understand how hiring high freeze wouldn’t work by now, you’re not paying attention.

My buddy from Knoxville is now the basketball coach at Warren Wilson...I didn't even know they had a team...I sort of chuckled thinking of what kind of recruits would go there...

View attachment 347265
My sister played like Division 6 basketball in college and had a game there. The kid who showed us to the gym was on the swim team, and smoking a cigarette. Nice.

Reactions: ACvol3
Look at the trend. If you want to average up then that is misguided analysis. Draw a chart and plot over the years the wins since he took over - significant decline.
UCF caught lightning in a bottle the one year (frosts last year), and he rode that momentum out of town. Look at their records before that.. it’s not like JH screwed up a well oiled dynasty. He did really well

The hire alone. He hired a coach that has overseen a significant decline of a program he took over that happens to be far easier than the SEC. 6-4 year 3 after taking over a 12-0. That is material and the data doesn’t look good. Sure, he has fun offense but clearly he isn’t outperforming his competition.
I’ve resisted engaging in Heupel apologetics to sell myself on how great a coach we’ve gotten, but your claim that he’s “overseen a significant decline of a program he took over” tells me you’re not actually looking at that data you speak of.

That “decline” is a lazy and superficial take that’s refuted by a shallow dive into the data. A deeper dive is more complex and a longer conversation, but repeating that claim of significant decline is at best a silly Wikipinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back