Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may get roasted for this (and don’t get me wrong this team is very good), but the 2017 Vols beats this team by double digits.

This team may go farther and be more “successful”, but 2017 beats them.
You're comparing what was a very veteran team to a team anchored by 3 underclassmen 5*s after a shortened offseason.

I loved that team and think it was great. This team can be that too, but won't reach it until March. Patience.

What did Vitale say about will Wade?
Second Vols game in a row he has gone off about how the NCAA is dragging their feet through the mud on a program that has been caught on tape talking about paying players and those players are still playing and the coach is still coaching, meanwhile programs like Tennessee Football (his intro to the discussion against Florida) and Kansas basketball (today's intro) are dealing with more recent issues.

Last time he said the NCAA better not do anything to Tennessee because of how they handled it internally should be sufficient. Today he talked about how Kansas has denied any wrongdoing from the beginning and their 5 Level 1 violations are based on assumptions without proof. Then contrasted to LSU.

The biggest takeaway is that we can play offense. Just need to do it more consistently..

Agree, somewhat, on your ku take, but I'm gonna say that's because we took the fight out of them.😉🍊
It looks like Pons was letting the new guys have their shot to shine in the first 8 or so games and then Barnes told him to get his sh^t together and take charge like last year. We should be fine as long as Pons and Fulk keep stepping up.

Because good defenses make it harder to score for anybody, especially when you have team talent ranked in the 40s playing teams with 4* and 5* defenders stacked up like cord wood..plus it is not like they had great talent to start with. I think JH squeezed every drop of production he possibly could out of that group of players.

He made Drew Lock look a lot better than he was.
Yup. Consider how many NFL skill players or even OL were on that team...yup zero. He took a good QB, nothing else, and put up the #1 offense in the SEC.

Truth be told it’s way more fun to be in a packed TBA than Neyland imo. Probably cause it’s protected from weather & traffic isn’t completely ridiculous lol
I’m not sure about that. I was at Neyland last time we beat Florida. When Jennings caught that TD over Tabor grown men were hugging each other. It was so loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back