Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was said there has been said by pretty much everyone since Dooley.
- great group of individuals? Check
- gonna build the best staff in America? Check
- excited for running through the T/rocky top/other generic rah-rah UT stuff? Check

Not out on the guy by any means but it’s weird seeing people getting excited over something we’ve seen precede failure several times.
We've also seen it succeed before. Every new hire brings potential. Some of us are excited for that potential. Could we be wrong? Sure. But what's the point in being a mopey little b#$%#, I say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volator
I may get roasted for this (and don’t get me wrong this team is very good), but the 2017 Vols beats this team by double digits.

This team may go farther and be more “successful”, but 2017 beats them.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The football program is in an interesting spot. We have some talent right now. More than most people realize imo even after transfers. But expectations are in the basement based on last year where the wheels clearly came off and QB play was awful. Toxic environment.

Have to think even if we don't have an unbelievable season, it shouldnt be hard for Heupel to exceed expectations. Could give us some good momentum for this 22 class. Find a little momentum and keep slowly letting it build.

If we had hired somebody like Franklin the expectations would have been a lot higher. Just a thought.

It may be a 5-6 win season because they are just implementing their offense/culture and hear me out it could be an optimistic 5/6 win season. We have good talent on the team especially on the offensive side of the ball. If we consistently score 30+ points which is very realistic considering Heupels past and keep our losses within a score there will be a lot of optimism going forward.

All I am looking for this year is for the staff to display some coaching/development competency. If that happens I believe the outlook on the program is going to be significantly better.

Imagine going into next offseason with a Bailey or Salter led offense that’s littered with rising juniors who’s been putting up 30+ points per game.

I wonder why Heupel’s Mizzou offense didn’t generate more points. Outside of Fl in 2017, whenever he played a decent team they struggled to score. Yards or not, points were that abundant. That surprised me.

Hopefully that offense has continued to evolve. Of course we have better athletes, but Drew Locke was legit
Because good defenses make it harder to score for anybody, especially when you have team talent ranked in the 40s playing teams with 4* and 5* defenders stacked up like cord wood..plus it is not like they had great talent to start with. I think JH squeezed every drop of production he possibly could out of that group of players.

He made Drew Lock look a lot better than he was.

What was said there has been said by pretty much everyone since Dooley.
- great group of individuals? Check
- gonna build the best staff in America? Check
- excited for running through the T/rocky top/other generic rah-rah UT stuff? Check

Not out on the guy by any means but it’s weird seeing people getting excited over something we’ve seen precede failure several times.
To me, it wasn't what was said but rather how he said it. It across as honest and from the heart rather than dooley airs, Jones' cliches and the gumps'aight... He definitely seems to understand and appreciate the opportunity in front of him. Afterall, he has one of only 14 head coaching roles in the best football conference. Go Vols!!!

I may get roasted for this (and don’t get me wrong this team is very good), but the 2017 Vols beats this team by double digits.

This team may go farther and be more “successful”, but 2017 beats them.

One team had 3 years together, one has played 15 games together.

Why I think these comparisons are dumb, no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back