Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to wait until Monday, it's just one more day of work and most everyone's contracts change on Sunday.

The part that's interesting is that Tee's been down at Senior Bowl practice, so he's not even been available to talk to CJH or interview this whole time. Yet the rumor started circulating there was bad blood between them? I don't buy it, sound like Tee has decided to move on and is supporting his son & his former player and not worrying about everything going on here.

The problem for Maurer is he’s no longer the most athletically gifted QB on the roster which was really his main selling point previously. But now:

Arm Talent:
Bailey> Maurer

Mobility:
Salter>Maurer

Dumb social media comments:
Maurer> everyone

Who I want to see at Qb:
Anyone>Maurer
Haha accurate.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It's going to be hard to attract great defense staff with Heupel.
Why? Because it will skew stats? I would think the fact that being decent defensively will produce wins (because of the high offensive production) would counterbalance those concerns.

Makes sense to wait until Monday, it's just one more day of work and most everyone's contracts change on Sunday.

The part that's interesting is that Tee's been down at Senior Bowl practice, so he's not even been available to talk to CJH or interview this whole time. Yet the rumor started circulating there was bad blood between them? I don't buy it, sound like Tee has decided to move on and is supporting his son & his former player and not worrying about everything going on here.
We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

I woke up this morning from a bad dream that I read on this board that Chief Chavis, the master of the Mustang D, was a candidate for DC. Whew! Good thing it was just a dream.

Reactions: volinbama256
I seen LA comment about this isn’t what Steele envisioned. What did he envision? Being the Hc? Being DC for a different candidate? What happened to wanting to see your university through this? All changes when you realize you can take 900k for two weeks of work lol. Can’t believe we don’t have some kind of out in thst contract somewhere.

The only guy that may be a tad bit worried is Hooker.

He grad transferred, ideally he was looking for a shot to play and give himself a chance to get drafted. Heupel could absolutely help him with that...BUT he has some studs to beat out for the starting job. It'll be an interesting off-season, I legit think it's going to be everyone starting on the same level and whoever earns the job will be starting.

I honestly don't know who wins the job. HB has a year of D1 practice under his belt and is the highest rated outta HS...but will he be able to learn the offense and impress in camp?

And, I hope that all the quarterbacks will be developed. Love the fact that Heupel has had success even when his starter and back up went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back