Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swain also said that one thing that worries him about Huepel’s offense is that it doesn’t produce NFL receivers. He said guys will put up a lot of numbers, but that they won’t be developed because they will mainly be running quick slants and screens but won’t be learning the entire route tree. Is that true?

In a word: No.

Swain also said that one thing that worries him about Huepel’s offense is that it doesn’t produce NFL receivers. He said guys will put up a lot of numbers, but that they won’t be developed because they will mainly be running quick slants and screens but won’t be learning the entire route tree. Is that true?
I mean...sounds a lot like Davante Adams coming out of college and he ended up fine (this is me playing devil's advocate, not truly believing what I'm saying)

That sounds like Waddle and Smith... both will be drafted in the first 10 picks

https://post.futurimedia.com/wgfx/playlist/21/listen-13926.html?cb=1611869233.292995

Inky's interview from 104.5 this morning.

Wish we could have Inky give every pre-game speech from here on out, or get him to lead the VFL program.
Inky is easily one of my top 10 favorite Vols. We need him in Knoxville at least 4 to 5 times a year for pregame speech. I'd run through a brick wall being a 40-something for that guy. On adrenaline alone I could give you four or five solid snaps!

No it’s not true mainly Bc that’s a bulk majority of nfl WRs jobs anyway. People literally call Michael Thomas “slant man” 😂😂
They also just had trequan smith and Gabriel Davis drafted who are playing big roles on playoff teams.

Since 2018 Heupel has had 2 WRs drafted

I’ll defer to Swain about development but I’m under the belief if you put up big numbers in the SEC you’ll be drafted regardless of position.

@Batman1948 you would be doing me a solid if you posted it again just to let me save it as well and read it if you didn’t mind doing so for a brief second...I was reading it lastnight and got like half way through and got super distracted,by the time i came back it was gone.it was some super deep stuff.🤘🏽🧡

Guys, I just read it again and I gotta say, it serves no purpose to post it or send it to anyone. I'm not trying to be an ******* about this---it's just a piece of sh^t post the guy posted about the UT investigation. I wish I had never read the post and I'm pissed at myself for having saved it to a word doc. I just deleted the word doc after I read it again. According to the guy who posted it, the information is pretty much common knowledge around Knoxville. His info supposedly came from a big booster at UT that he knows. We all know how that works.

Here’s an article on that issue, discussing Baylor WR’s under Art Briles.

Baylor wide receivers find steep learning curve in NFL

Just put Gabe Davis in last year. He had a good rookie season. There's probably 3 guys on last year's team that will have a shot. That's a pretty silly take.

The Tee Martin story was wild to me. I love Tee for what he's done as a player, but thinking he deserved the HC job borders on trust fund kid levels of entitlement. I understand he was Ast HC, but man, you were a position coach. And by all accounts not a very good one. I'd rather Jay Graham be HC over Tee Martin. Anyway. Nothing to do but shrug and move on over that one.

No it’s not true mainly Bc that’s a bulk majority of nfl WRs jobs anyway. People literally call Michael Thomas “slant man” 😂😂
They also just had trequan smith and Gabriel Davis drafted who are playing big roles on playoff teams.
That’s actually just a really crappy take by swain.

Heupel said he will change the offense based off of personnel. He will have SEC caliber players that will be asked to do much more against SEC defenses. If we have a poor line then I can see him mainly calling short throws and slants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back