Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, Scott Frost's two classes at UCF were ranked #65 and #55 nationally. Heupel wasn't that far off. Definitely think that Frost has the "Johnny Football Hero" appearance and bearing that Heupel does not. JH seems like an introvert who just likes to draw up plays and gameplans. Danny White is going to have to fill that role for the program and a bunch of the assistants are going to have to pick up the slack in recruiting.
Have family in Nebraska and can confirm this. His success as a player/image have masked the coaching ability. Below average coach, super toxic personality. He's had Butch levels of transfers. Most of his highly rated recruits have left already.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Have family in Nebraska and can confirm this. His success as a player/image have masked the coaching ability. Below average coach, super toxic personality. He's had Butch levels of transfers. Most of his highly rated recruits have left already.

Interesting. Is the Nebraska fan base starting to sour on Frost?

Just saw an interesting conspiracy theory about DW and JH that I thought I'd share.

Here's how I stumbled upon the theory and it's also a good tldr: (tldr stolen from UGA board)

"Basically, UT was talking to White 2 weeks before firing Pruitt and retiring Fulmer for him. But, also that White and Heupel had already been planning on both going to UT basically before White was formally announced, saying Heupel had been interviewing for his staff (in Knoxville)"

Poster on UCF's board said that UT was interested in Huepel the day that fired Pruitt.

Heupel on Tennessee Radar (posted Jan 18 - 2:25pm)
"Heard a rumor that Heupel could be in the mix at UTK. Would explain why he talked to Tee Martin after Wyatt left and their TE coach.
Clearly would only benefit UCF. Supposedly some boosters don’t want Chadwell/Freeze because of their history with violations. if heupel does interview/gets Tennessee job then there’s a certain former auburn coach that considers our latest WR coach an “adopted son.”

Then the same poster follows up with this post yesterday.

How I knew - UCF board

"So everyone has been asking me how I knew that Heupel and White were going to Tennessee. Well I do have 2 sources: one in Knoxville and one in Orlando. Theres a podcast I like about Tennessee football because they’re absolutely crazy. I have emailed ome of the people on the show and we have a correspondenc. About two weeks ago, one of the hosts said that Tee Martin was having a “flirtation” with UCF. This came as a shock given that Wyatt hadn’t left yet. But I thought nothing about it at the time.
Then came the Wyatt news. I was fine with Wyatt leaving given that he sucked and he was no big loss. But then it came out that Kodi Burns was the front runner to replace him. That didn’t add up to what the guy said about Tee Martin talking to Heupel. So I emailed the host in Tennessee and he confirmed that Tee Martin and another “staffer” were talking to Heupel presumably about getting a life raft out of Knoxville. So when it came out that Heupel was interviewing Osovet I knew that something was up. Then I contacted my UCF source.
My source, who shall remain nameless, does not hold an “important” role at UCF, but this person hears a lot of gossip. So I trust this person implicitly. this person flat out told me that Danny White had been contacted 2 weeks ago by Tennessee. That they knew Fulmer was gone and they wanted White. Danny interviewed then and not last week as was stated in his press conferenc. That was a lie for him to save face. My source then said that White and Heupel met privatel. That Heupel had already been putting together a staff. That Tee Martin and Osovet were being interviewed not for UCF, but to see if they would be on Heupel’s staff. That Heupel had been talking to Kevin Steele with the understanding that Steele would be his DC. So with that information I posted the topic.
Luckily I have heard that UCF has gotten wind of Heupel’s and White’s plans and have a contingency plan in place. I know if Scott Carr is promoted he will go after Gus first with the understanding that Carr and Malzahn have a relationship. Option 2 is Brian Johnson.
so to sum up: I heard a podcast, spoke to the host of said podcast, saw the interviews Heupel was conducting, and then contacted my UCF source who confirmed Heupel was bolting."

I think that this guy at UCF may have gotten lucky with his post and there are some holes in it, but if JH keeps Steele then it starts to look a lot more plausible.

Anyway none of this really matters, we have a new coach that I hope brings us back.

So back to lurking.

Wasn’t there a poster on here when Steele was hired that said everyone had “signed off”, “vetted” or something like that on the Steele hire. I can’t remember the exact words, but I thought it was a strange way of communicating it. Almost like the next coach had agreed to it, but we hadn’t even fired Pruitt at the time.

Reactions: crazyguy
Wasn’t there a poster on here when Steele was hired that said everyone had “signed off”, “vetted” or something like that on the Steele hire. I can’t remember the exact words, but I thought it was a strange way of communicating it. Almost like the next coach had agreed to it, but we hadn’t even fired Pruitt at the time.
I would disregard every single word that has been said on this forum.

Reactions: beneVOLence
So you expect a top 5 nationally ranked offense in year one? I am not talking about wins and losses. I am just talking about offensive production.
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I didn't list any expectations. I asked what was reasonable to expect?

Was Fulmer up to something? Hiring Steele made no sense at the time, and even less now. Tee seems devastated that he did not get the HC job. Did Fulmer have a vision of Tee as HC, Steele as DC, and Chaney as OC? Was he hoping that he could convince the new AD that most of the staff needed were in place, and under contract already? Maybe he told Tee what he was up to and that is why Tee is so disappointed? His Hail Mary at preserving his legacy? Maybe I'm just making something out of nothing.
It's been said that Fulmer forced Tee on Pruitt and the two never got along. It didn't look like any of our coaches got along with each other this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back