Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think it’s the opposite of tone deaf. He has done his homework, he knows our dysfunction. Ultimately, I agree, the long term more effective route is to drown out the negative with positivity. But I’m a big believer that as a leader you have to serve notice to bad culture. Especially in a role where he will never have the opportunity to personally interact with an overwhelming majority of the fanbase. By addressing it, he actually enlists, emboldens the positive fans as the model and as a source of accountability for the more negative fans.
i don't like this topic, it's very devisive.

that said, it is tone deaf in that it was a dismissal of the reasons fans are negative.....do not get me wrong, he is not wrong in his message, or that there are fans that do just need to stfu....

but, he, plowman, white, boyd...could do themselves a favor by just giving some acknowledgement to fans.....for one simple reason....we're the ones that have been thru this whole ordeal, for the last 15 years. why not just say "i know we have passionate fans, and we realize for them, there's not been a lot to be positive about for a while. i want the fans to know, that's why we're here, and what we're trying to accomplish. to give them something to be proud of. so give us a chance, we're going to work, and in the mean time as we start a new day here, let's be positive about the outlook going forward"

it's not that hard. but no one has ever come close to doing that.....and it wouldn't satisfy all, but the majority would at least feel like they were included again, and there wasn't a "us v them" chasm....that many think exist.

past that, i don't have any problem with him addressing negativity....we do need to have a positive outlook. it is a new day....

Just saw an interesting conspiracy theory about DW and JH that I thought I'd share.

Here's how I stumbled upon the theory and it's also a good tldr: (tldr stolen from UGA board)

"Basically, UT was talking to White 2 weeks before firing Pruitt and retiring Fulmer for him. But, also that White and Heupel had already been planning on both going to UT basically before White was formally announced, saying Heupel had been interviewing for his staff (in Knoxville)"

Poster on UCF's board said that UT was interested in Huepel the day that fired Pruitt.

Heupel on Tennessee Radar (posted Jan 18 - 2:25pm)
"Heard a rumor that Heupel could be in the mix at UTK. Would explain why he talked to Tee Martin after Wyatt left and their TE coach.
Clearly would only benefit UCF. Supposedly some boosters don’t want Chadwell/Freeze because of their history with violations. if heupel does interview/gets Tennessee job then there’s a certain former auburn coach that considers our latest WR coach an “adopted son.”

Then the same poster follows up with this post yesterday.

How I knew - UCF board

"So everyone has been asking me how I knew that Heupel and White were going to Tennessee. Well I do have 2 sources: one in Knoxville and one in Orlando. Theres a podcast I like about Tennessee football because they’re absolutely crazy. I have emailed ome of the people on the show and we have a correspondenc. About two weeks ago, one of the hosts said that Tee Martin was having a “flirtation” with UCF. This came as a shock given that Wyatt hadn’t left yet. But I thought nothing about it at the time.
Then came the Wyatt news. I was fine with Wyatt leaving given that he sucked and he was no big loss. But then it came out that Kodi Burns was the front runner to replace him. That didn’t add up to what the guy said about Tee Martin talking to Heupel. So I emailed the host in Tennessee and he confirmed that Tee Martin and another “staffer” were talking to Heupel presumably about getting a life raft out of Knoxville. So when it came out that Heupel was interviewing Osovet I knew that something was up. Then I contacted my UCF source.
My source, who shall remain nameless, does not hold an “important” role at UCF, but this person hears a lot of gossip. So I trust this person implicitly. this person flat out told me that Danny White had been contacted 2 weeks ago by Tennessee. That they knew Fulmer was gone and they wanted White. Danny interviewed then and not last week as was stated in his press conferenc. That was a lie for him to save face. My source then said that White and Heupel met privatel. That Heupel had already been putting together a staff. That Tee Martin and Osovet were being interviewed not for UCF, but to see if they would be on Heupel’s staff. That Heupel had been talking to Kevin Steele with the understanding that Steele would be his DC. So with that information I posted the topic.
Luckily I have heard that UCF has gotten wind of Heupel’s and White’s plans and have a contingency plan in place. I know if Scott Carr is promoted he will go after Gus first with the understanding that Carr and Malzahn have a relationship. Option 2 is Brian Johnson.
so to sum up: I heard a podcast, spoke to the host of said podcast, saw the interviews Heupel was conducting, and then contacted my UCF source who confirmed Heupel was bolting."

I think that this guy at UCF may have gotten lucky with his post and there are some holes in it, but if JH keeps Steele then it starts to look a lot more plausible.

Anyway none of this really matters, we have a new coach that I hope brings us back.

So back to lurking.
None of this is correct - but good conspiracy talk nonetheless.

We are going to have to cut JH and whoever he hires to coordinate the defense a ton of slack for that side of the ball this year.

The defensive roster is extra thin, really raw, and with huge holes at several spots.

There will be no sense at all in dogcussing whoever takes on the DC and staff jobs this year...it is what it is.

For a “Defensive” coach Pruitt left nice talent on offense. Some good experience on OL and the young WR and QBs are where a lot of out talent lies for Heupel.

Hopefully we learn that the De talent was better than what they showed last year.

Heupel had the balls to step into this firestorm when few other people would even take the call. For that reason alone, he has my support.

His offenses have lit up the scoreboard from Oklahoma, to Mizzou, to UCF and we wonder if he can do it here? My man will score points.

Seems very genuine and not a monotone emotionless potato like we just had. I have little doubt he will do well with recruits when he is able to get into a good conversation and not just have a quick flashy 5 minute hype conversation. It won't play with everyone, but I think it will draw more of the character kids that we need, just like Rick Barnes isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he gets what he needs for his program.

Definitely hoping for a strong DC and ready to watch us score some points. Let's hope this plays out.

said it a couple times already about these next couple of teams, even tho they likely wont' be all that great results wise, they may wind up being the easiest teams to root for...simply because of the willingness of some of these kids to stay....and being vocal about it. several returning players and incoming players have put themselves out there in that regard....so i think people will like these teams..a lot....

throw in this stuff with the coach....i mean....

if he gives you any reason to believe..............early on...........who knows. i just know if it could just come together a little bit, there's potential for this to be fun....cause you just really want to see this group be successful, because it appears they're in it for the right reasons.....
Real talk! They are all in and will be fighting for the man beside them. Really good possibilities

For a “Defensive” coach Pruitt left nice talent on offense. Some good experience on OL and the young WR and QBs are where a lot of out talent lies for Heupel.

Hopefully we learn that the De talent was better than what they showed last year.
Defense wouldn’t have looked as bad if we were scoring points.

Just saw an interesting conspiracy theory about DW and JH that I thought I'd share.

Here's how I stumbled upon the theory and it's also a good tldr: (tldr stolen from UGA board)

"Basically, UT was talking to White 2 weeks before firing Pruitt and retiring Fulmer for him. But, also that White and Heupel had already been planning on both going to UT basically before White was formally announced, saying Heupel had been interviewing for his staff (in Knoxville)"

Poster on UCF's board said that UT was interested in Huepel the day that fired Pruitt.

"Heard a rumor that Heupel could be in the mix at UTK. Would explain why he talked to Tee Martin after Wyatt left and their TE coach.
Clearly would only benefit UCF. Supposedly some boosters don’t want Chadwell/Freeze because of their history with violations. if heupel does interview/gets Tennessee job then there’s a certain former auburn coach that considers our latest WR coach an “adopted son.”

How I knew - UCF board

"So everyone has been asking me how I knew that Heupel and White were going to Tennessee. Well I do have 2 sources: one in Knoxville and one in Orlando. Theres a podcast I like about Tennessee football because they’re absolutely crazy. I have emailed ome of the people on the show and we have a correspondenc. About two weeks ago, one of the hosts said that Tee Martin was having a “flirtation” with UCF. This came as a shock given that Wyatt hadn’t left yet. But I thought nothing about it at the time.
Then came the Wyatt news. I was fine with Wyatt leaving given that he sucked and he was no big loss. But then it came out that Kodi Burns was the front runner to replace him. That didn’t add up to what the guy said about Tee Martin talking to Heupel. So I emailed the host in Tennessee and he confirmed that Tee Martin and another “staffer” were talking to Heupel presumably about getting a life raft out of Knoxville. So when it came out that Heupel was interviewing Osovet I knew that something was up. Then I contacted my UCF source.
My source, who shall remain nameless, does not hold an “important” role at UCF, but this person hears a lot of gossip. So I trust this person implicitly. this person flat out told me that Danny White had been contacted 2 weeks ago by Tennessee. That they knew Fulmer was gone and they wanted White. Danny interviewed then and not last week as was stated in his press conferenc. That was a lie for him to save face. My source then said that White and Heupel met privatel. That Heupel had already been putting together a staff. That Tee Martin and Osovet were being interviewed not for UCF, but to see if they would be on Heupel’s staff. That Heupel had been talking to Kevin Steele with the understanding that Steele would be his DC. So with that information I posted the topic.
Luckily I have heard that UCF has gotten wind of Heupel’s and White’s plans and have a contingency plan in place. I know if Scott Carr is promoted he will go after Gus first with the understanding that Carr and Malzahn have a relationship. Option 2 is Brian Johnson.
so to sum up: I heard a podcast, spoke to the host of said podcast, saw the interviews Heupel was conducting, and then contacted my UCF source who confirmed Heupel was bolting."

I think that this guy at UCF may have gotten lucky with his post and there are some holes in it, but if JH keeps Steele then it starts to look a lot more plausible.

Anyway none of this really matters, we have a new coach that I hope brings us back.

So back to lurking.

tenor.gif

I posted yesterday that I thought this was the plan all along.

How I knew - UCF board

So back to lurking.

So is the former Auburn coach who considers codi Burns an adopted son Kevin Steele?

By all accounts Burns is a rising star and heck of a recruiter. I think for sure he finds his way onto our staff. Just wondering if the adopted son connection is steele or is it perhaps Garner.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I am drawing zero conclusions here. Just posting interesting (to me) data to compare what they were doing at UCF and what we've been doing lately.

2018 Recruiting UCF vs UT (247 Composite)

1611840246209.png1611840210973.png

1611840326157.png
1611840369183.png

1611840465194.png
1611840502968.png

Reactions: FBtime and VOLSONLY
I'd encourage anyone with the time to download Tony Basilio's show from yesterday. The podcast is on Apple. It's 5.5 hours long, but if you listen up until the press conference, he has a wide range of guests on that give a diverse set of perspectives on the hire. For those who want the Cliff's Notes, they are available at his blog, here is Barry Tramel from Oklahoma:

Stoops called it the most difficult day in his career. Josh clearly hasn't gotten over it. I talked to him on the field when he brought UCF to Tulsa last season. I hope he can get over it because it's gone great for Josh and Oklahoma. What happened was in 2011-2013 OU had stagnated. Most OU fans thought he should fire his brother the DC but fired Josh instead. They brought in Lincoln Riley. And the rest was history ... Of course Lincoln fired Mike Stoops shortly after taking the head job in Shakespearean fashion. Heupel's offenses were very good when he was here. It was shocking when he was let go. Heupel was on top of the world in 2013 versus Bama and a short while later he was gone. I think he'll do well at Tennessee.'

The Tony Basilio Show :: Tony's Talking Points (tclub.team)

Reactions: Catbone
Heupel had the balls to step into this firestorm when few other people would even take the call. For that reason alone, he has my support.

His offenses have lit up the scoreboard from Oklahoma, to Mizzou, to UCF and we wonder if he can do it here? My man will score points.

Seems very genuine and not a monotone emotionless potato like we just had. I have little doubt he will do well with recruits when he is able to get into a good conversation and not just have a quick flashy 5 minute hype conversation. It won't play with everyone, but I think it will draw more of the character kids that we need, just like Rick Barnes isn't everyone's cup of tea, but he gets what he needs for his program.

Definitely hoping for a strong DC and ready to watch us score some points. Let's hope this plays out.
If he wins, recruiting will be fine also

I think all the boosters were on the outside looking in. White was sharing nothing.

I think it’s crystal clear Franklin was the target and we failed to get it done

Remember white has bragged about setting traps to the media. He acknowledged two leaks yesterday and one was the offer to Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back