Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there's a personal relationship, it sometimes starts and ends with the rep. They do a temperature check with the agent or attorney; if there's no interest, they usually move on down the list unless they think they can bring something else to the table. I think Campbell and Fickell were non-starters.

Also sounds like franklin used the gundy approach...get psu to pony up or improve facilities with our offer as a threat.

Interesting find. Not saying we'd automatically score at the same rate as UCF while Heupel was there. BUT...
Heupel's offense avg 42-43 ppg w/ him as HC at UCF per UTSports.
Here is the 2020 ppg chart from the SEC.
Take.

View attachment 346239

Even if we only half-way improve, that will be so much better than the garbage we have seen the past three years. If the buy in from the team and Heupel's previous offensive stats are any indication, the VOLS are about to be silly good and light up the scoreboard.

I think DW has to understand that trying to beat positive energy into some of our more outspoken fans just isn't going to work. It's a battle he will lose all day every day. He just needs to learn to not pay any mind to the Twitter warriors who are always going to find something to complain about. Focus on fundraising and giving Heupel every resource he needs in order to succeed. Heupel succeeding is the cure to the negativity.

Maybe a continually positive outlook is the antidote that causes the Legion of the Miserable Hydro to wither and die.

The last 15 years of poor decisions have caused so many more heads of the LotM Hydra to appear ...unfortunately for us, social media is the perfect feeding ground to succor and strengthen this evil beast.

This man could be a legend here. Pay half your own buyout, come with ncaa breathing down your neck and WANT to come here.
Big facts. apparently he made the players aware of it so they would know that’s how bad he wanted to come coach them.
said it a couple times already about these next couple of teams, even tho they likely wont' be all that great results wise, they may wind up being the easiest teams to root for...simply because of the willingness of some of these kids to stay....and being vocal about it. several returning players and incoming players have put themselves out there in that regard....so i think people will like these teams..a lot....

throw in this stuff with the coach....i mean....

if he gives you any reason to believe..............early on...........who knows. i just know if it could just come together a little bit, there's potential for this to be fun....cause you just really want to see this group be successful, because it appears they're in it for the right reasons.....

You aren't going to get an argument out of ms that the fan base has issues it does. I just think he needs to go about it a different way. Go on a public campaign. Have VFL's go on media, talk shows, Twitter and pump the positive energy. His message isn't going to be well received, he's been on the job less than a week just comes across as tone deaf

I actually think it’s the opposite of tone deaf. He has done his homework, he knows our dysfunction. Ultimately, I agree, the long term more effective route is to drown out the negative with positivity. But I’m a big believer that as a leader you have to serve notice to bad culture. Especially in a role where he will never have the opportunity to personally interact with an overwhelming majority of the fanbase. By addressing it, he actually enlists, emboldens the positive fans as the model and as a source of accountability for the more negative fans.

said it a couple times already about these next couple of teams, even tho they likely wont' be all that great results wise, they may wind up being the easiest teams to root for...simply because of the willingness of some of these kids to stay....and being vocal about it. several returning players and incoming players have put themselves out there in that regard....so i think people will like these teams..a lot....

throw in this stuff with the coach....i mean....

if he gives you any reason to believe..............early on...........who knows. i just know if it could just come together a little bit, there's potential for this to be fun....cause you just really want to see this group be successful, because it appears they're in it for the right reasons.....
The person matters more than the coach. Every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back