Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haynesworth said it should have been the black man but instead we hired batman.
BTW Tee isn't qualified for the job.... look at our list of coaches that turned us down! Nothing had to do with race.
He once again embarrasses himself. My goodness.... Tony Elliot and James Franklin said no....
Tennessee is SYSTEMATICALLY RASICIST because a person of color didn't accept the job when offered.
607801ce-abf2-4222-a156-4f630aafde7c-1302E9A9-39D5-4ABA-803C-BCF5D0F01329.jpeg

Ess0ybtXUAIs79J

Short Squeezes work due to technicals. There will be regulations in place making short squeezes harder. When rich guys take money from millions of people it is business, but when millions of people take money from rich guys its criminal
Crazy to me how a Twitter account from Elon Musk can affect an entire company’s valuation (GameStop) based on his mention of a Reddit thread. This feels like nuovo elites are in a grudge match against historical elites. Reminds me of fight club where Elon is the alter ego (Brad Pitt) version of Edward Norton. I studied finance for 8 years (in 1996-2004). This is foreign to me now. Social law has taken over. Hell, maybe Mr. Met is right. I’m bullish on many businesses right now but this feels like 2005-2007 valuations.

Consistently snapped with 32 or 33 seconds on the play clock.
Up tempo is a great tool, but it works best when you can successfully changed up your tempo. I noticed memphis and tulsa were both games UCF blew with double digit leads in the second half. I wonder if this is partially due to tempo. I would have to rewatch the games.

Reactions: Sleegro
Taking emotions out of it they did pretty well. Even if JH is a complete flop... I think we will be better situated in the next coaching search.
If you judge the process... It passes the smell test. Didn't get the result I'm sure they wanted... But there was a plan, they executed.

Can't ask for more, regardless of the result. Which really isn't terrible all things considered.

I am just glad he already found a good landing spot...he had so many opportunities to leave and is a legit superstar coach but stayed for his university...and that’s not me saying that with orange tinted homer glasses.

Nothing but respect for him. Really wish CJH would have kept him on staff. I just see him as a RB coach. Not really TE's and then you have it being at Bama.

Makes sense. I also think DW will do a lot more for the program to build it back up than just this hire. I think that job long term was by far the most important hire and they made a great one imo. The common denominators in our run of bad coaches has been bad leadership above them.
Last point, 💯

Haynesworth said it should have been the black man but instead we hired batman.
BTW Tee isn't qualified for the job.... look at our list of coaches that turned us down! Nothing had to do with race.
He once again embarrasses himself. My goodness.... Tony Elliot and James Franklin said no....
Tennessee is SYSTEMATICALLY RASICIST because a person of color didn't accept the job when offered.
607801ce-abf2-4222-a156-4f630aafde7c-1302E9A9-39D5-4ABA-803C-BCF5D0F01329.jpeg

Ess0ybtXUAIs79J
Hot take...unfortunately very misguided. It’s “systemic”, Albert.

Live in Greenville so most everyone around me are Clemson fans...know some people who knew Tony Elliot before he blew up...they say nothing but great things about...all around good dude and future superstar...they were worried about losing him.
We must be the only vol fans in GVL

Which was apparent this AM. Armchair quarterbacking, but why in the world did they not sell it as a tag team deal early on after DW was hired. They had to know from preliminary phone calls to agents and coaches that the top guys were not coming. A lot of the rancor would have been avoided.
Seems like most fans would have been madder about that then taking big swings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back