Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we not like Willie Martinez?

I thought our DBs always played pretty well under him to be honest.

I know pressure influences the stats, but UCF was #121 at 299 yards per game for passing by opponents. Martinez is a zone coverage guy that was fired by UGA, hired by Botch at Cincy, brought to UT, was sent packing with Jancek and now does what he does at UCF.

Why would you hate this hire? Just curious the thinking.
Wanted more experienced coach. We ruined that with our phony self investigation. He’s riding off Scott frost’s recruits. Yes he’s a good OC but HC is debatable. He has more losses each year he has coached. He also doesn’t need to be calling the plays he’s the head coach that’s what the OC is for. Guess we will have to wait and see but I see another Pruitt

Reactions: Hardy and 74volz
I hope the NCAA goes knocking on Oklahoma’s door or at least the guys who transferred have to sit over all this crap. I’m feeling petty af about it right now.
I have a list of schools I want the NCAA to look into, if they're interested.

Reactions: PA Vol
I know pressure influences the stats, but UCF was #121 at 299 yards per game for passing by opponents. Martinez is a zone coverage guy that was fired by UGA, hired by Botch at Cincy, brought to UT, was sent packing with Jancek and now does what he does at UCF.
The only season we've had a better ranking in total defense than Jancek's last season was last year under Pruitt. It's sad, but there are days I miss that defense.

Lol. But I see your point. Not too impressive when you look at the full body of work.

Reactions: Vols4us

And our D hasn’t been good since

I’ll take him back. In fact I’ll take both of rhem
Back

I agree. Especially with losing offensive talent and having come from Chaney's broken offense. It will take a year just to install and teach them how to practice uptempo, etc.

Love our QB + WRs, but losing gray and morris hurts. RB is very unproven and OL could be a question and TE room is thin (really hope Campbell shows out though).

But scheme overcomes a lot. I still am optimistic we can hit high 20s PPG for the first time in...*checks notes*...FIVE YEARS?!?
If this team can get the normal (hated to use that word) amount of time this Spring, it would go a long, long ways in how productive they can be in he Fall. Will take some time to learn an entire new offense and we desperately need it early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back