Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to put something out there I'm hearing:

We all think Danny White hired his buddy and that it was a lazy decision - one that could have been made as soon as DW took the job.

However, I'm hearing a different story. We searched the country trying to find coaches who fit the profile we were looking for: clean with the NCAA, offensive mind with a legitimate track record in a P5 conference, and obviously, interest in this job through sanctions.

That list of coaches was very short. Elliott, Dykes, Leipold. James Franklin faked interest to use us for a raise and facility upgrades.

So, what I'm telling you is the only reason we landed on Josh Heupel was not that Danny White wanted him all along. In fact, I think it was the opposite. We turned over every rock, turned every corner, only to realize our candidate pool was very shallow. And while Heupel had reservations about taking the job, White's personal relationship with him was able to bridge the gap.
So every coach that fit the profile either already had a relationship with White or he's named James Franklin?

Moving on, I wonder what our current players do? I wonder how many hit the portal now that they know who will be their coach? This can still get worse.

They will rally. Heupel is a players' coach.

He is a young Mike Leach without the pirate schtick.

Need a defensive mastermind though. That is going to be the difference we all know that.

and please, please...show Chaney the door.

Dooley got several nfl players. I’m not worried about recruiting. No one should be. We will be right around 12-20 at worst.

Its a wait and see for me. He literally couldn't pull a top 60 class 1 year removed from a "national championship". He hasn't signed a 4 or 5 star at UCF with 3 double digit win seasons in the last 4 years. Thats terrible!!!

Reactions: AppStVol
Why would big name assistants want to come here when big name head coaches don't want to come here. Why would it be any different?
Having said that I realize their are a lot of good coaches out there that you have never heard of.

It is what it is.....we are starting over from scratch. This is a long build back up. No short fixes with the position that we have put ourselves in.

They will rally. Heupel is a players' coach.

He is a young Mike Leach without the pirate schtick.

Need a defensive mastermind though. That is going to be the difference we all know that.

and please, please...show Chaney the door.
Chaney had been gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back