Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NCAA stuff won't amount to a hill of beans. 5 scholarships for a couple of years and a bowl ban. TN will self impose and the AS will accept. Probably out of pitty for this sorry excuse of a football team.

It’s not about the final ruling it’s the damage that will done while waiting for the ruling from the ncaa. Negative recruiting will kill us claiming the death penalty will be coming

Reactions: jp1
Time to give Austin Price credit, we hammered him and VQ the whole search and they were SPOT ON the whole way.

These fake insiders and our devout following of them HAS TO STOP. They help fuel the dysfunction fire of our fanbase.

STOP LISTENTING TO THESE LOSERS.

Wouldn't say there were spot on the whole way. Lmao Sonny Dykes? Ain't buying it

Reactions: RiotVol
DW not willing to work with Sexton clients is not only a big factor here but will be a major factor in ending this program for good if he didn’t do it today. The best coaches all hire Sexton and will continue to do so. As long as DW is here we will continue this same cycle of trying to find an up an comet. I was somewhat ok with JH last night but now that it’s a reality I hate it.
Sexton and his clients haven’t done UT any favors the last 20 years. I find it hard to believe he didn’t talk to any of them. I think it’s more he didn’t fall for the stuff Sexton was selling.

My reaction is based on UCF fan reaction. They are happy to see him go.

Hopefully he'll do well.
Listen Linda, there is not one single fan base that doesn’t have people wanting their coach to be gone. Hell I bet even some bammers want Saban out. Maybe, maybe not. The problem is you can’t make everyone happy but let’s not make his stent here toxic before he even gets a chance.

Nothing personal against our new coach, but in the SEC its 99% about the recruiting. If you can recruit then you have a chance. Where do we stand from a recruiting front? That will tell you our future.

We aren't gonna recruit against the big dogs consistently, year in and year out. Geographically we are limited, and there are too many top programs in our immediate vicinity. Thus, our best option is to have a high-flying offense that puts up a lot of points. That can keep us in the game.

Granted, you still have to recruit WELL. Can't ignore it and have classes ranked in the 40s and hope for wins. But I don't think filling out a staff with great recruiters is gonna get us where we want to be. We just did that under Pruitt, actually. No matter how many good recruiters we have, we're still gonna have a somewhat second-rate SEC roster.

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.

Can you give us an idea of what happened?

Reactions: TheBigOne10
It’s not about the final ruling it’s the damage that will done while waiting for the ruling from the ncaa. Negative recruiting will kill us claiming the death penalty will be coming
I think the message you send by hiring another gamble does more dammage than the looming NCAA. With the transfers being common place now with imediate eligibility that means less now. And to add to that, if what you say is true you hire a coach that one of his Achilles heels is recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back