Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW not willing to work with Sexton clients is not only a big factor here but will be a major factor in ending this program for good if he didn’t do it today. The best coaches all hire Sexton and will continue to do so. As long as DW is here we will continue this same cycle of trying to find an up an comet. I was somewhat ok with JH last night but now that it’s a reality I hate it.

Time to give Austin Price credit, we hammered him and VQ the whole search and they were SPOT ON the whole way.

These fake insiders and our devout following of them HAS TO STOP. They help fuel the dysfunction fire of our fanbase.

STOP LISTENTING TO THESE LOSERS.

F*** AP

Pretty good analogy honestly. WM defensive genius but meh HC
WM is one of the best recruiters in the country. He was one of the hottest names in CFB when Florida hired him and was his first HC job. There’s no similarities

And if you wanna compare it to WM now, again he’s one of the best recruiters in the country. JH isn’t and we also have no idea if he’s a Meh HC yet. How is it a good comparison?

Reactions: Volnut
The Schiano uprising, while considered a win for UT fans, is perceived overwhelmingly negatively across the sports landscape. Our fanbase is considered toxic on a national level.

That’s not me blaming everything on our fanbase. Our admin takes the cake there.

But it is facts.

I mean just okay I guess but I still don't think he would say no to 5 million lmao.

We have no choice but to support JH and hope and pray it works out. We can't have another big dud

Seriously, its are only hope that Heupel is successful. We were fooling ourselves thinking we could get top coaches to come here. We were hoping. I am let down but now its done and if we want to see our Vols that we love rise again through Heupel. I am excited about what he does on the O side of the ball. He has coached in the SEC before so he knows what it will take as far as the D side of the ball. Like you guys said, keep Steele and hire Garner. And if he brings Lebby and Odom we could have a darn good staff.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Y’all are the most negative group of individuals I have ever encountered. You could find $100 on the ground and be upset you didn’t find $101. Do you know JH personally? How many of you actually sat and watched UCF play a full game this year? Again, probably none of you. Just ride the line and see how things go. We really have no idea how things are going to turn out so please do us all a favor and quite whining like a bunch of Gen Z snowflake babies who need a safe space to cry. Put your big boy pants on and wear that orange proud

Y’all are the most negative group of individuals I have ever encountered. You could find $100 on the ground and be upset you didn’t find $101. Do you know JH personally? How many of you actually sat and watched UCF play a full game this year? Again, probably none of you. Just ride the line and see how things go. We really have no idea how things are going to turn out so please do us all a favor and quite whining like a bunch of Gen Z snowflake babies who need a safe space to cry. Put your big boy pants on and wear that orange proud
My reaction is based on UCF fan reaction. They are happy to see him go.

Hopefully he'll do well.

Reactions: VFL1993
So Penn State has the scandal to end all scandals and they hire Bill O'Brien and then follow that up with James Franklin, but we're such an unattractive destination nobody wants to come to Knoxville? I think all that malarkey we hear about this is just people around the program trying to justify their failure, some of whom post to this thread. I tell you this, they don't start off these searches in the gutter. No, they start off "over the moon". We just tend to end up in the gutter because they're FOS and incompetent beyond measure. jmo.

Lol, It's been *claimed after every single search. And some other program, in worse shape, goes and makes some big hire almost simultaneously.

Well, we're finally at rock bottom. The worse trouble you're in, the more you have to pay. Despite that, UT has always released some statement boasting they'll pay "fair market value and no more".
I'm not gonna hold that against JH but folks can save the no other option stuff. Been over played, despite facts to the contrary, too many times.

It's like having terrible credit.
Gonna pay more but there's ALWAYS an option. It's a choice of what it's worth to them.

Reactions: joceppyjoe
Y'all gonna be real mad when his offense turns out to be good at a place like missouri and UCF but average at tennessee. Nothing about this is good.

The next test for DW and JH, can they rally support from the fans.
I bet they can may be fun to watch. Good assistant hires will be first step. Hopefully DW and the media team work some hype

WM is one of the best recruiters in the country. He was one of the hottest names in CFB when Florida hired him and was his first HC job. There’s no similarities

And if you wanna compare it to WM now, again he’s one of the best recruiters in the country. JH isn’t and we also have no idea if he’s a Meh HC yet. How is it a good comparison?
I guess his greatness as a HC is why he is an assistant now right...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back