Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'mm tired of hearing about how Kiffin was all over this job and would come here in a heartbeat. You know what? I don't think he would. I think he sees Ole Miss as equal if not in a better position than UT right now. He has been there one year. You people that think he would bolt again in a year to a different job when he is supposedly more mature and trying to build his rep are in complete and utter denial.
I don’t care what you think. I know for a fact he would come here. Even someone who has spoke with him. So soon whatever you want in your head but facts are facts. Even Chris Low just said he wanted the job and would have come.

These folks don’t want to believe that. They want to believe some Random person overheard a conversation then told plowman. Lol all bc someone here fed them that bs after their plan went bad and worse things were found. Plowman didn’t start an investigation bc of heresay. She was handed proof of a silver player of everything going on and put in a position where she couldn’t ignore it. AV told people here what they were going to do but people love making excuses for him: those should stop now after this bs. Should have paid and shut up
And soon as he comes in here and says...we tried guys, the program just isn’t in a place right now to make a good hire. Then people will be slobbing all over him saying it’s ok, we know you tired your best, thank you for everything you’ve done lmao.

Last edited:
said this last week....i don't think we'll be all that good, but i do think these next couple of teams will be very easy to root for...the types of kids that are here, that have stayed.....i think fans will LIKE these teams, even if not for the results....they'll appreciate the effort, and that they stayed and stuck it out.....
The talent is there. I am sure they can be coached up better than what they had before now.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
You’re wrong in this one man. Respectfully disagree
Remember when muschamp was at Texas and it was said we tri3d to hire him and he wasn't interested? That was 100% false. I was with one of his good friends at the time and Will said no one ever approached him about the job. These people that make these hires zero in on 2-3 folks. They don't have a wide search.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
It's not just Pruitt. It's Fulmer, the boosters, the President and Chancellor. They wanted to save 12 million dollars and completely ****ed the university while they will lose much more than that. We are being run by a bunch of idiots who has taken a great program and turned into complete ****.
i agree with this, though i'm willing to give a bit of a pass to this group, plowman/boyd, simply because they were brought in on the back end of the previous ish show of an administration.

the caveat to that is, we don't know all the ins and outs of the investigation and the details that led them down the path of cleaning hose the way they did.....

so that goes one of two ways...1 being the way you described or it was totally justified and the right thing to do under the circumstances...time will tell on that one. but we may find out that answer once it's settled on just how much pruitt winds up getting on his buyout....

but this goes back 20 years w/how the boosters/donors/admin ran things....and we're still digging out....it's TBD whether or not boyd/plowman/white are able to get us out finally. i think they are finding out right now, just how hard that's going to be.

which is why i'm not mad at the JH hire. i do think he's a good coach. i like offense, and i like our QB room right now. there's some skill on offense to go with that.....so there's a path to it at least "looking" better on the field in some ways.

the bigger issue is the other stuff mentioned above.

“But he should’ve hired Campbell!”

He tried. This is where we are as a program. Heupel was a nice fall back option. He’s a good coach

JH has coached and developed a heisman winner in Sam Bradford and a 2nd round pick in Drew Locke.... both went on to have lack luster nfl careers... (Locke still playing but days as a starter may be over). So it’s a fair argument to wonder if JH was the main reason for their rise. We have two 5 star QBs and (hooker isn’t a scrub from VT he made some big time plays this year was just up and down) and he’s proven to be a QB/offensive wizard so let’s see what he can do.

Also in 3 years.... he’s lost 7 regular season by 27 points. He’s only lost one game by double digits and it’s was a meaningless bowl game vs byu who has a top 5 QB draft pick.

The more i find out about him the more i like the hire. Props to Danny, he tried to land big fish. Pruitt ruined any chances of that.

Let’s fn ride boys

I would just roll with Steele. If our program is so toxic, they’re going to whiff on a big name DC anyway, even with big dollars.
That's what I'm thinking. A lot of folks saying "bring a great staff and we'll be ok." If this is the best we can do for a head coach, I don't expect to do any better with assistants. We'll roll the dice. Maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't. Either way, there will always be what ifs.

Reactions: Volnut
UCF is now better than us............... LET THAT SINK IN.... they will hire Freeze and enjoy the free money we gave them... Pathetic. Hope someone has the balls to call DW out on that....

Lebby is not coming...

Heupel will not recruit well in the SEC

Getting to a bowl game is our ceiling now.

3yrs and we will be looking at the next up and comer....

NOBODY worth a **** wanted this job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back