Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said Campbell and Fickell said "no" instantly. UT is an inferior job to Iowa State and Cincy. Jeez
are there reasons it's not? and not being argumentative....i mean, we've been told "no" a lot over hte past 15 years....and this year we have the added bonus of a ncaa cloud and half the roster in the portal....and then there's just the history of the las 10 years......

there's a lot of programs that we perceive as less than, that no longer are.....and that's the reality we need to start accepting...cuase it may get even worse, before it gets better again, depending on how the penalties go....

anyway...i'm disappointed in all that moreso than i am in JH...i actually think he's better than given credit....but either way.

Reactions: MarcoVol
The "trajectory" argument can be summed up like this:

JH went undefeated in 2018. For him to be a good coach, he would have had to also go undefeated in 2019 and 2020.

I think that sounds ridiculous when you actually say that out loud. They were operating at levels of success for two years that just simply weren't going to be maintained at UCF year in and out.
No, the trajectory argument is that there's a clear line downwards. Forget his first year and look at the next two. Still a downward trajectory. His own fans don't even want him.

@Atlanta VOL

“Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing. We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.”

Must hang out with a bunch of legit losers if this guy impresses you that much. What a joke

Grow up, there's better ways to express your disappointment. They swung and missed multiple times and went to a fall back option the AD was comfortable with. The good thing is this time our misses weren't played out in real time further diminishing the program. I'm not sure you comprehend the gravity of the situation we are in...... But then again I bet you don't comprehend a lot things.

Hot take

JH wins more games next year than Franklin would have or any other coach and here’s why

We are going to be a below Average defense and Franklin would have tried to play “normal” football. We would have lost a 1 or 2 more games at a 31-28 type score.

Jh is going after games like Lane did this year. Those 31-28 games are going to be 45-42.

now long term Franklin would have been WAY better but next year 7-5 is going to feel like 10-2 under JH
We will be lucky to crack 500. My guess is we lose to AL,GA,FL,OM,KY, split MO and SC (probably lose to MO). Lose to Pitt. Beat Vandy and three OOC teams. Puts us at 5-7. His first recruiting class will end up 15-20 good for 10ish in the conference.

Reactions: PA Vol
I still think this is a move forward. He at least scores points and doesn’t seem to micromanage his staff at every turn. Plus, it gave the Athletics Department the enema it needed.
I dont think you are thinking how bad the NCAA is "going to slap us on the wrist". Its going to be bad, and it won't be Heupel's fault.

Well, if it is Josh Heupel, then I’m gonna give this dude a chance. He doesn’t deserve a Schiano. We should be talking about whether he keeps Steele, keeps any of the current staff, or brings on Garner.

We should all be mad as hell at Pruitt and Fulmer for putting us in this position.
giphy.gif

By all accounts AD White was a very good hire. He knows how to build (or in our case rebuild} and run an athletic program, which is something that we desperately need. He did not create this mess, but he did take on the job to clean it up. It's really not his fault that he couldn't get a top tier coach to agree to $8 million/year or for that matter any other coach. So he took the necessary step to hire someone he knew and trusted to help him clean this mess up. I don't fault him for that. I think this is a long play on his part. Shore things up, get through this NCAA mess and let's see where we are in a couple years. I know, not what we fans want to hear. But that just might be the only thing available right now. One thing I have learned in life, is that it doesn't always work out they way you might want but that doesn't mean it's bad. I will give coach Heupel my all, as I did Dooley, Butch and Pruitt and I hope other fans will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back