Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players know.

Of course they know dude. It's national news. You claimed he talked to the team and acted like half of them were going to hit the portal. He hasn't talked to them. Go back to your home on one of the Ole Piss message boards.

All you do here is stir up negativity. It's quite obvious you're a troll, which means you're a bad one.

I don't really buy the "trajectory" argument too much. Maybe if he was on Scott Frost's staff. But he wasn't. He brought in a new staff with a new offense and still went undefeated minus a bowl game. I don't think you can chalk that up to just riding Frost's coat tails.

2019 his QB was lost for the year, 2020 they had 10 players opt out.

I think that causing the slide is more likely than JH slowly forgetting how to coach.

He's had the same problem every year. Defense. Just give the defense to Steele, and within a year they will be top 6 at least.

As far as recruiting... I don't know about all that. Probably doesn't matter that he kinda looks like Sloth from the Goonies. Maybe he could work on that.

Welp...a lot of y’all chastised me for this...looks like I was right and y’all were wrong.

It much easier to hire a top level AD than to hire a top level coach. When you have so many coaches already making over 4 mil year backing up the brinks truck doesn’t mean ****.

Heupel hasn’t coached one game and you’re claiming he’s a failure?

My goodness the board is filled with Football Forun mo-rans.

No need in spinning it any way. With pending sanctions, we did what we could.

At this time, we are not looked at as a desirable place to coach. We are Toxic. Period. That’s the cold hard truth. If anyone sees it any other way you are delusional.

No amount of money is gonna change that.

Now, who’s to say we didn’t hire a good coach that can weather the storm, and put some points on the board?? We have two good kids at QB that will be coached up by one on the best QB coaches in the country.

If he brings in a good staff, who knows what will happen. Maybe he sets the world on fire and maybe he falls on his face. Time will tell. But stats prove he knows offense.

No need in being down and pouting about it, it is what it is. We tried and with how the culture and with the looming sanctions overhead, coaches won’t touch us.

So really you need to point the distain towards Pruitt, and this is what we got in return.
It's not just Pruitt. It's Fulmer, the boosters, the President and Chancellor. They wanted to save 12 million dollars and completely ****ed the university while they will lose much more than that. We are being run by a bunch of idiots who has taken a great program and turned into complete ****.

Hot take

JH wins more games next year than Franklin would have or any other coach and here’s why

We are going to be a below Average defense and Franklin would have tried to play “normal” football. We would have lost a 1 or 2 more games at a 31-28 type score.

Jh is going after games like Lane did this year. Those 31-28 games are going to be 45-42.

now long term Franklin would have been WAY better but next year 7-5 is going to feel like 10-2 under JH

Reactions: VolOntheMoon
Lol. UCF fans hated him because he made their undefeated team take a step back. BTW, there's no guarantee that Frost wouldn't have suffered the same let down. Pruitt took the worst team in Tennessee history and made them worse. From where I'm standing, this almost has to be an automatic upgrade over what we've had. Will he win us a championship? Probably not. But he's got more upside than Pruitt, and that's about as much as we could hope for at this ultra low point in our program.

Maybe cause he didn't want it? Just like Franklin and I am sure several others. Look where we are as a school. We were toxic when we hired Pruitt in desperation and now we are under an investigation facing stiff penalties. What top coach would really want to leave a successful program to come here and live under probation for several years? Right now the only hope we got is that somebody like Heupel who may not be flashy, and not the big whale we all wanted, to come in and WIN! This is where we are as a school. Put yourself in Heupel's shoes coming to a school that is already seeing people trash you and make fun of you. Its one thing to be unhappy with the hire but the personal attacks are completely unnecessary. If he is hired today Heupel has my fll backing and I hope and pray he can get us back to winning. GBO!

I mean just okay I guess but I still don't think he would say no to 5 million lmao.

We have no choice but to support JH and hope and pray it works out. We can't have another big dud

Reactions: Orange Studs
Chris low on swain with a gloomy outlook. Not on Heupel, necessarily, just the program in general. Says we talked to a lot of people, just didn’t have a lot of interest.

In other words: we actually do need to back this guy and give him a chance. Because there's a decent chance the next guy would have actually been Sonny Dykes or someone even worse.

Good
Glad he’s ours now
Gotta give him a chance
He’s kiffy without the mouth
I don't have to give him a chance....been giving Tennessee a chance since 11' with my money, and have yet to get any return for that investment....

It's Tennessee's time to show me something before I ever donate again.

Reactions: csprig9
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back