Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, if it's JH, we must have missed on every single target. No way DW was expecting this. I don't think he takes this job if he knew he'd end up where he's at now. That's a really bad look to poach your last hire too.
This.

I think if DW knew he would have said no way. Maybe he wants to say no way still.

Thought just crossed my mind. White had a great relationship with UCF Admin, and we were able to get him late in the game because of that. So why would he go back and hire this guy out from under them and hamstring them? I feel like that’s not a great business move for a guy that’s a good business man. Doesn’t add up. Just a thought.

Great post about Heupel’s record on VQ:

2018- 12-1
-Gave LSU all they wanted in NY6 game. Lost 40-32 back when LSU had a sick defense.
-Also lost star QB, Milton McKenzie, last regular season game. Still won conference championship over a really good Memphis team.
-Destroyed Pitt by 5 TDs.
-I don't care what level or talent you have if you go 12-1 against really good conference competition you can coach. That doesn't just happen.

2019- had to play a freshman with no McKenzie and he ate.... went 10-3.
-Beat Stanford by 3 TDs
-Lost to Pitt by 1 @ Pitt who had a stacked NFL player loaded defense and still dropped 34 points losing by 1.
-Lost to a really good Cincy team @ Cincy by a FG
-Lost @ Tulsa by a FG.
-Destroyed Marshall in bowl game by 4 TDs.

Again a freshman QB and averaged 43.3 PPG.

2020- 6-4

-Posters ITT telling me they had around 10 players opt out
-Destroyed Georgia Tech 49-21
-Lost to a really good Tulsa team by a TD. Tulsa lost to Ok State by 9, Miss State by 2 and Cincy by 3.
-Lost to Memphis by 1 point
-Lost to Cincy by 3 who turned out to be a Top 10 team in the country. Scored 33 on that Luke Fickell defense.
-Lost bowl game to a buzzsaw BYU team with a QB who is about to go Top 5.

Averaged 41 PPG.

Can we quit with the garbage that this guy isn't an offensive stud or coach? They play in a really really good conference that is very competitive top to bottom. He lost 3 games by a possession this past year.

If he is the guy we need to give him a blank check for his DC and defensive staff. If I am Heupel I hand the keys to Steele and let him get Garner and T Will and I handle the offense.

The man can fall out of bed and score points just like he did at Missouri when he absolutely put it on our head 2 straight years. He helped turn Milton McKenzie into a Heisman contender. And scored just as much with a freshman QB when McKenzie was lost on one play.

Hilarious we have "fans" trashing this potential hire because all they did was look at a record in a Covid year with no context. And the other reality is this.... Danny White, who prioritizes leadership and culture, watched this guy daily for 3 years. He absolutely has a grasp of what kind of CEO he would be.

Let me see if I follow
Step 1. In order to save some buyout money we torpedoed our self by firing Pruitt for cause.
Step 2. Pay big money for a new AD
Step 3. Have his coaching search be hampered because of the way we torpedoed the last guy.

Yeah that sounds about right.

You forgot the part about the Vols being on probation with something like 50 infractions.....

So UT goes out and gets a stud AD and he comes here thinking he will hire a top HC or so we are led to believe. He cant get a good HC to buy in and the best he can do is go hire the HC that he hired at his last job? This is not a good look for him. JH was probably on speed dial

So weird...just a few days back ya'll had your nose up over Gus who got fired for 6-4 and Herman who was fired for 7-3....

WELL HOW THE TURNTABLES HAVE TURNED!?!
I would take Heupel all day long over Gus.

Herman is a slight take over Heupel.

Honestly rank ordering bad to average coaches isn't really worth the energy. **** it.

Just my thinky thoughts, but my conspiracy theory brain says this was AP and Hubbs trying to stir up things and they accidentally started a dang near revolt...again. Now they’re putting fires out with “inks not dry” “nothings 100%”.

This is what I was thinking too. They could have been grasping a bit just trying to throw out possibilities.

Not buying the JH hype, DW is buying time I believe... Herman still is an option, or at least he should be.. Crossed fingers that UT does what’s best for business and hires Herman!
Agreed my friend... Herman much more suited to deal with this situation. He’s dealt, hopefully learned, but most importantly, produced for a big time program.

Fan base would be ecstatic and there’d be hope

Reactions: sona
Great post about Heupel’s record on VQ:

2018- 12-1
-Gave LSU all they wanted in NY6 game. Lost 40-32 back when LSU had a sick defense.
-Also lost star QB, Milton McKenzie, last regular season game. Still won conference championship over a really good Memphis team.
-Destroyed Pitt by 5 TDs.
-I don't care what level or talent you have if you go 12-1 against really good conference competition you can coach. That doesn't just happen.

2019- had to play a freshman with no McKenzie and he ate.... went 10-3.
-Beat Stanford by 3 TDs
-Lost to Pitt by 1 @ Pitt who had a stacked NFL player loaded defense and still dropped 34 points losing by 1.
-Lost to a really good Cincy team @ Cincy by a FG
-Lost @ Tulsa by a FG.
-Destroyed Marshall in bowl game by 4 TDs.

Again a freshman QB and averaged 43.3 PPG.

2020- 6-4

-Posters ITT telling me they had around 10 players opt out
-Destroyed Georgia Tech 49-21
-Lost to a really good Tulsa team by a TD. Tulsa lost to Ok State by 9, Miss State by 2 and Cincy by 3.
-Lost to Memphis by 1 point
-Lost to Cincy by 3 who turned out to be a Top 10 team in the country. Scored 33 on that Luke Fickell defense.
-Lost bowl game to a buzzsaw BYU team with a QB who is about to go Top 5.

Averaged 41 PPG.

Can we quit with the garbage that this guy isn't an offensive stud or coach? They play in a really really good conference that is very competitive top to bottom. He lost 3 games by a possession this past year.

If he is the guy we need to give him a blank check for his DC and defensive staff. If I am Heupel I hand the keys to Steele and let him get Garner and T Will and I handle the offense.

The man can fall out of bed and score points just like he did at Missouri when he absolutely put it on our head 2 straight years. He helped turn Milton McKenzie into a Heisman contender. And scored just as much with a freshman QB when McKenzie was lost on one play.

Hilarious we have "fans" trashing this potential hire because all they did was look at a record in a Covid year with no context. And the other reality is this.... Danny White, who prioritizes leadership and culture, watched this guy daily for 3 years. He absolutely has a grasp of what kind of CEO he would be.
I don't know if he is dig the grave terrible, but he also isn't going to get us where we want.

Reactions: RiotVol
This.

I think if DW knew he would have said no way. Maybe he wants to say no way still.
The biggest thing i take away from it..... we’re probably about to get hit pretty hard with ncaa... other coaches didn’t want to take it Bc of that and we might as well just ride out the next 2-3 years and just hope we get lucky with ncaa and heupal

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back