Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As LA Vol put it earlier, this is likely going to be a bridge hire. Maybe it ends up a HR hire but we need this to be at least a double and someone that can get us to 7 or 8 wins annually which should be doable. Then when NCAA sanctions are over and we're in a decent position, we can flash the big money and make the above average hire since we will be much more attractive. Assuming JH can't get us beyond that threshold.

That's how I'm trying to rationalize this. I believe his offense will work well, it did for UCF and while he was OC at Mizzou. He needs an excellent defensive staff and a few above average recruiters as well. Let's do this!
If nothing else, the games should be fun to watch again. The days of struggling to score 20 are over

Alright going to go ahead and talk myself into this.

Hayden’s dad like Heupel. heupel pulls his son then gets Ty on board with his recent work with QBs in this offense. Bailey or Salter should put up some big numbers at least. He hires Steele/Garner/TWill and they get to crootin on the defensive side.

That works anywhere besides UT.
Mix in UT luck and you get maybe half that

I tend to agree with you. I hope this time around we can have a grown adult as a HC who does his best to cultivate a positive and forward thinking environment. The wheels came off SO badly for Butch and Pruitt, there was just no chance at recovery.

Honestly, Butch almost seemingly got us over the hump, he was VERY close the year we beat Florida, Georgia and should have beaten A&M. His personality, etc got the best of him. Jury is out on JH of course but we can hope he will not blow a gasket in year 3/4.
Good news is after we pay JH $20M not to be our coach in 3 years, we can rehire Butch after he does decent at Arkansas State.

Freeze and Chadwell want it and would crawl here. Tired of excuses.
Sounds like no interest from Chadwell. We cant hire Freeze, our fans need to get that in their heads. WE HAVE 50 RECRUITING VIOALTIONS. HOW ARE WE GOING TO HIRE A COACH WHO GOT CAUGHT FOR RECRUITING VIOLATIONS?

Basilio talking about football right now, he said Fulmer absolutely destroyed the program and the number floating around coaches is 50 violations. Basilio thinks we did talk to Chadwell. He said Sonny Dykes did turn down the job. He said Heupel was the only one willing to take the job. Basillio said people he has talked to, they aren't happy with Heupel he isn't moving the bar, program is slipping. He said he think White tried, but nobody wanted the job. He said the one thing they didn't do, as of tonight they haven't talked to Jimmy Sexton clients. Napier, Kiffin and a few others weren't talked to. Said we didn't talk to Herman but the word on him is he needs to go back to the mid majors and prove he can get along with people. Basilio said Tony Elliott would take the UCF job to replace Heupel over the TN job. The UCF job is viewed as a better job in the coaching world right now

And there’s no way that Sexton is working against us because we aren’t playing ball for once, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back