Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever made the office volnation coaching search video please add heupel using this scene
tenor.gif

Well that’s the problem right? Won’t give Freeze or Kiffin a chance. They are objectively more experienced and more than likely better coaches. Now he has good reasons not to hire them, but to say better coaches wouldn’t take the job isn’t true.
Believe me, I’d love to have Freeze. Home run. But it was never happening

Reactions: Sleegro
I usually agree with most of you all, but I’m actually pretty surprised at the majority response to Heupel. Especially with Lebby and Steele/Odom possibility... that would be more than just ok. That would be a great combo. Plus Heupel has been in the SEC before and did very well at Missouri. He’s not the sexy name but I’d about guarantee he’d have us back in the top half of the SEC again if not better with his ability to put points on the board. It’s like Kiffin without the baggage.
This is where I’m at. Now, if he doesn’t hire Steele or Odom and keeps his current DC, then he’ll be outta here soon

It’s hard to do bridge hires when every coach since Fulmer has progressively left us in a worse state than their predecessor.

If true, I think this hire is BS. An over paid AD who is supposed to be as good as DW is, with an open checkbook bring back crap and calls it caviar. I think we were fleeced. Freeze, chadwell, and Kiffin were there for the taking...

I tend to agree with you. I hope this time around we can have a grown adult as a HC who does his best to cultivate a positive and forward thinking environment. The wheels came off SO badly for Butch and Pruitt, there was just no chance at recovery.

Honestly, Butch almost seemingly got us over the hump, he was VERY close the year we beat Florida, Georgia and should have beaten A&M. His personality, etc got the best of him. Jury is out on JH of course but we can hope he will not blow a gasket in year 3/4.

Wonder if DW leaked this particular name to AP (Donde'e eyeball target) with this much smoke (rumors of a presser tomorrow) because it's one guy who he could trust not to come out and deny the report too soon? Nah, surely he's not that diabolical!

I wasn't crapping on Franklin all day but I will say this. I did not want Franklin here. Not because he beat us while at Vandy, not because they had players rape a woman while he was there, but simply the fact I don't like him. Those things mentioned doesn't help his case but I do not want him. He is a arrogant, just ok coach in my mind.

Would you rather have Heupel? Dykes?

Understandably, I should clarify somethings.

Scott Frost was at UCF for two seasons and his recruiting classes were not significantly better than Heupel's, Heupel's were better, in fact. The year before Frost the average was .8355. No, he's not setting the recruiting world on fire, but he's also in the same yard with Miami, Florida, Florida State, and FIU. Its a crowded yard. BUT, he does more with less...
View attachment 345306
View attachment 345307
View attachment 345309

View attachment 345310

As has been noted, his offenses have been top 6 nationally all three years since he became HC at UCF and 14th nationally while OC at Mizzou. He went 22-4 his first two years (with 4 classes of essentially the same caliber of players, Frost's classes weren't carrying those teams) and then 6-4 in a year where the state of florida was a covid hot spot. when they played tulane this year several of their starters were out.

If he's the guy, he's one very good DC hire away from being potentially very good in the SEC. His offenses will excel, and he has HC experience. He's the quintessential up-and-comer future star. I understand the frustration--i really do-- but 8-4 should be the floor the way the schedule is set up, especially if we're hanging up 450 yards a game.

i urge you to give him a chance if he's the guy. he's walking into a dumpster fire with sanctions looming and, like DW, is apparently willing to take it on. I think this could end up pretty good.
1611718820510.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back